1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The New Order by padfootjr24 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by StrifeXII, Nov 8, 2005.

1. StrifeXII

StrifeXII Guest

Title: The New Order
    Author: padfootjr24
    Rating: T
    Category: General
    Chapters: 26
    Words: 200,504
    Updated: August 26, 2006
    Published: November 16, 2004

Summary: After the events of fifth year Dumbledore decides that the Order needs to make some changes. Changes that will bring them all closer to the enemy than ever before. Please r&r
    Link: The New Order

Sequel:

Title: Harry Potter and the Dogs of War
    Chapters: 1
    Words: 8,622
    Published: May 6, 2007
    Summary: After an active summer, Harry must deal with numerous public and private challanges that test just what kind of man Harry Potter truly is.

Link: Harry Potter and the Dogs of War

Checked by Minion, March 29, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  2. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I actually liked the storry till i read this:

Thats the POWER OF LOVE wohoooo :D
    Sex magic should be a port of defeating Voldemort. rofl

This fic should be in the humor section ^^.

3. StrifeXII

StrifeXII Guest

well...<.< >.>...at least it's original

4. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Honestly, it's not if you look at the right places . . . Hey midknight you found Black Sisters' or whatever that fic was you find some more just to screw with strife. :p

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ive been readng this for a while... its... decent.. though has its share of cliches... and the snape/mcgonagall was just a bit much for me... but i still read it...

6. StrifeXII

StrifeXII Guest

I think the stories cool, i just hate the fact that lily and james are still alive. NO parent would be living it up somewhere while their child has to fight for his life every god damn year.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

If I was Harry i'd rip their throats out.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

This story is like a "meh" story... Not good, but certainly not bad. A good way to kill a couple hours.

9. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I keep on getting alerts in my email, so it must update regularly, but I just haven't gotten around to read it yet.

The summary just turns my interest off. I don't care what Dumbledore does, but maybe I'll try it. *shrugs and adds it to the ever growing and ignored 'to read list'*

10. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Well I´ve read the whole thing and i have to say its a pretty good story, though i would like it, if Harry would be a bit more ruthless, but well can`t have everything.

Though I still want to see "sex magic" defeat Voldie :D .

11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... it wasnt wet?

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This story is completed, if someone is interested. All in all, rather good Indy!fic, without too much Dumbledore bashing. He also set up nice basis for the sequel - rouge political faction under Bellatrix Lestrange, Harry's group, standard stuff with teaching, ministry interference etc... The sequel should be rather interesting, I think.

13. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

A very good fic. padfootjr24 is a hell of an author.

The only thing I didn't get in this story is James and Lily's return. It seemed pointless to anything in the plot other than to bash them. Heck he could have removed all the part pertaining to them and not change anything in the plot.

14. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

I like James and Lily bashing, so, meh. It didn't really bother me that they returned. A very good fic, that I have been following. I look foward to the sequal.

I also feel like pointing out that the fic's name is The New Order. Not A New Order.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'm still reading, but I think that Padfootjr's most apparent fault in writing this was how Harry constantly made psuedo-insightful observations and comments, which are always followed by the other characters complimenting him, saying "You should have been a Ravenclaw," "You should have been a Slytherin".

Another thing that I thought could have had more thought put into it was Harry's practice duel with Moody. Surely a paranoid Auror would take measures to prevent a Summoning Charm from being able to rip his peg leg clean off?

I say a 3.5/5. Really liked fem!Blaise and overall readability, but the author's blatant promotion of Harry's wisdom and the occasional questionable scene bring it down a little.

The sequel is :http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3525108/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Dogs_of_War, but it's only at the first chapter. I don't foresee many updates in the near future, since he's lost his inspiration to write as a result of an accident.

16. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

A car accident and he lost his mobility in both legs for awhile, I read on 'Trelawney Love Toy''s profile. He's up walking a bit again, but not really into writing at the moment. Perfectly understandable.

Story; I'd give it 3/5. It had its moments and had its share of very bad moments too. The constant block paragraphs really made reading through it difficult as well.

@ anyone.

There are actually a few stories that have sex magic defeat Voldemort. I'll be murdered for this, since most of you don't like H/Hr.

The Ritual, by chem prof, is a H/Hr one that I know pretty well, since my beta wrote it. I wouldn't read it if you aren't a H/Hr fan though, it's very fluffy as well. He's very much into that pairing. It's got its moments though. Hermione fakes an orgasm...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3474473/1/The_Ritual

Refering to Star Wars...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  17. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Yeah, there's a lot of Sex magic fics. Does Harry actually have a choice in who his partner is? It seems unlikely that he'd choose Hermione over anyone else that might be willing.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  18. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Hermione finds the ritual in a book, naturally, and Ron is very uncomfortable with the idea of being naked in front of her, so Harry takes that role. It leads to intimate moments, a few reactions, and the final ritual which occurs on their honeymoon. It was the first sex magic type story that I could think of that was PWP or incomplete.

The three of them are at Grimmauld Place, hiding under the Fidelius with no one else around, so I doubt there's going to be other females around very often.

19. KlavoHunter

KlavoHunter Second Year

Sex magic defeating Voldemort?

There's always The Office... :D

20. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Ginny is a classic beauty??? Pretty - maybe. Beautiful - ok. Cute - I can see. But a classic beauty?

Bwahahahaha. Great paragraph.

Btw shouldn't this be in the review section or something??