1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think that describes most of the game tbh.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I've, uh, been avoiding answering this because I have no idea and I don't want to feel bad about my vote.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Muh.

Unvote, vote shadow

Not like it’s LyLo or anything.

choo choo

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    @Paratroopa
    Hi!

@shadowlancerx
    Also hi!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Game is confusing .__.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think Shadow's play today is extremely Done Wolf but he made some pretty pure townie posts when he subbed in/yesterday and Wei has a bunch of unaligny things.

5. Paratroopa

Paratroopa Muggle

Hey, I'm still here and reading, I just don't really have a lot to add at this point. Have anything you want to know?

I'll do at the very minimum ISO of Shadow at some point before I vote but the most I can really do here is follow consensus - I don't think trying to cram thousands of posts is likely to make my reads any more accurate. The task was even more daunting than I thought it would be.

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Mind answering this? Click through for context.

7. Paratroopa

Paratroopa Muggle

Yeah, I'll do that in a bit. I'll have to go through the previous day's posts again.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think the "correct" move is to kill fontisian here. If she's the last one, she's the most capible of twisting things and pulling it out. I could see us killing shadow, him flipping town, Vaimes dying, fonti gaslighting on dya tomorrow, Stanari dying, then taking Fable/me to F3 and hoping it's a pox on both our houses.

At the same time, my gut's saying that shadow has a decent shot to just end it and the game could be over.

Like, my head says fonti->dyaslot->shadow is the safest/least susceptible to FUD way to do this.

Not gonna lie, my heart just wants it to be shadow and we finish this off without it looming over our heads for Thanksgiving.

@Vaimes

?

9. Paratroopa

Paratroopa Muggle

Fonti being in the PoE makes sense but I can't really advocate lynching her out of sheer paranoia. She's just as likely to talk us out of lynching her as we are to talk ourselves out of lynching anyone in particular.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If you don't want to be playing this game over Thanksgiving we could always maj someone tonight and blitz someone tomorrow night and hope that two shots is enough!

11. Paratroopa

Paratroopa Muggle

*Lynching her for the reason of paranoia, not that I'm paranoid, to be clear.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm like 95% sure this isn't true.
    --- Post automerged ---
    People with charisma are scary.

13. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Hi!
    Today has been "do real life things" day for me. That and I've basically had no reason to really dig into things. I've been wrong more often than not this game, and I kinda think this game is on rails. Like I really hate the idea of getting lynched here, I don't make it a habit to get lynched, but my slot is in a Poe and I'm pretty sure the last scum is too.

If it's any consolation, I take a lot of pride in my scum game; and if I was scum here I kinda think I'd actually try and be present and do things.
    --- Post automerged ---
    More than anything, I kinda would prefer to not be lynched today, because being the mislynch after a chainlynch of 4 scum would be depressing.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I literally live in Your Towniness is Positively Correlated to How Long It's Been Since I Talked to You Land.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait.

Inversely correlated?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait ugh it's negatively correlated.

Let me die.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Fontisian

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Where were you when I needed you, Stan?

Unvote, vote font
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I’d kill Newcomb over shadow in f3?

If only because I know shadow /does/ take pride in his scumgame and probably would have felt more compelled to do /something/ to drag himself out of the PoE. Whereas I can see him not really feeling like it’s worth it if he subbed in as town and five scum are already down.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nah, she’s incredibly slippery. She just keeps talking and talking and talking and before you know it, game’s over and town loses.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If one wanted to read a Shadow scumgame, where might one find it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't really /disagree/ with meta reads like this but also let's not outlevel ourselves here.

17. fontisian

Counter point: I don't want to die.

Counter suggestion: I get my lynch to try to win the game today, and if I fail, we lynch me tomorrow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I probably shouldn't say this, but fuck it. This is the kind of thing that freaks me out about Newcomb, because it follows his mafia win con to a tee. And holy shit, I do not want you guys to lynch Newcomb over Shadow in final three because of some bullshit meta claim about him trying more as scum when he would have replaced into a terrible slot and he /did/ try to swing the lynch to dya yesterDay.

18. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Here are my last 2 scum games:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/...77879-silence-of-the-lambs-game-over-scum-win
    This one I was a neighborizor.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/...emen-of-the-apocalypse-mafia-game-over-end-of
    This one I was a rolecop. I'm probably slightly more proud of this win, 2 of my buddies went down day 1 and I managed to win in a final 4 while leaving alive a watcher/tracker combo, bomb, and literal role genie (tom that game, who I pocketed so thoroughly it still gives me giggles).

19. fontisian

I am not mafia. I've already accepted that if we lose this game, it'll be because I get mislynch. And I accept that there is an appropriate level of paranoia about me, and that means if the game extends there is nothing I can do to convince any of you.

So, look at the things outside of my control, the way mafia have treated me. Vira and Miner had a pattern of buddying that was clear as Day. And if you think that I orchestrated that then why do the interactions look so bad on my end? Why was the mafia team so easy to link over things like suburb when Im super cognizant of that? Why would I let Vira implode without trying to put myself in a good position?

This is not how I play scum. And this was not how scummates would treat me.

Give me this chance to end the game without being mislynched. Two of stanari, newcomb and von are guaranteed to be alive tomorrow if we miss, to push the lynch on me through. I can't promise I won't fight it, because from my pov the odds of a town win increase if a lynch isn't wasted on me, but I think you guys will manage to ignore me, depressing as that is.

In summation:
    I'm town.
    Give me this kill.
    I expect to be mislynched if I'm wrong.
    But I'll fight it anyway.
    This really isn't helping the charisma paranoia.

20. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

This is...a really good post. Fonti, if given the lynch, who do you pick?