1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Prince Who Was Promised by cxjenious - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Cxjenious, May 30, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

I didn't mean that the prophecy is wrong, just that Cersei's interpretation of it, such as her marrying Rhaegar was wrong.

On the valonqar part of the prophecy: Jaime is Cersei's younger brother. My guess is that it refers to him not Tyrion and that he'll kill her after her actions get their children killed.

2. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

See, I've never read the books, or watched more than 6 episodes of the show. What I want to know, is where it says that the Valonqar is necessarily Cersei's brother. As far as I can tell, it could be anyone who is the younger brother of someone else. But really, this is speculation on Canon. Which probably has it's own thread somewhere.

Anyway, loved the interlude Cxjenious. As one of the people who had no problem w/ Aeryn (Probably because I knew nothing of ASoIaF/GoT), the brief peek into her thoughts was nice. I always love getting the views of other characters on he protagonist; It provide a way to give both characters a bit more depth.

Can't wait for the other perspectives, especially Cersei's. I expect it to be interesting.

3. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

My thoughts exactly. Just as the bit about golden shrouds and Cersei crying doesn't exactly mean her children will die before her.

I expect more Harry/Cersei maniacs.

4. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

The thing with Cersei's prophecy that it has been pretty spot on, and it's one of the reasons she's the person she is today.

As she hits the fan in Kings Landing at the end of ADWD, Tommen days are numbered, especially as a certain someone heads to the Small Council.

5. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    Like the latest piece. As far as Aeryn goes, all roads lead back to the fact that in one horrible moment she was fucked, and then Harry was there. What did she say some chapters ago? She prayed for the Red God to save her and then BAM! Harry(and you say 'Harry' like you would say 'Batman' from the Adam West show.)

That is impact. Her whole life has become him, in a way. What they have. I think Harry will always feel responsible for Aeryn. She and his lowborn friends were attacked because they were close to him. The experience and what he did hardened him to the ways of the world. One of the best examples of that was his discussion with Tyrion in the whorehouse.

That scene was gold in several different ways for me. It felt a little like a dissertation on all those fanfics or out there SI fics who try to jumpstart democracy and rule of the people in Westeros like that means anything. Tyrion understands that as bad as things are, power left in the hands of the mob is nothing better. It might just become aimless chaos and separatism.

I think that no matter what, one of Harry's strengths as The Prince Who Was Promised is that he should always be looking out and learning, both from friends and enemies. In the discussion with Tyrion, Tyrion at the end did anger and try to goad him, but Tyrion was right on some things. Harry should be of the mind that even if he cannot agree with someone else's position, he can at least learn from their successes and failures if he has time to see them.

Harry may dislike Tywin, but learn from him. A lesson he could take from Tywin is that maintaining the Family is paramount, but you can do that without shaming someone or making overt enemies, if possible. Tywin's handling of the Tyrion/Tysha marriage years ago, having the girl raped, bringing low someone Tyrion cared about like that, how did that support the family? It forever set Tyrion against Tywin, at first passively when they disagree as shown quite well in Game of Thrones, and the violently, when Tyrion shoots Tywin with a crossbow.

But I like where Aeryn is now. Harry is too big and larger than life and will be more so in the future to just have true love with Aeryn, end of story, and she knows that. But I think she could be happy being part of that whirlwind. Touching lightning and not being destroyed by it. Drinking fire and not being burned.

6. Glapsvior

Glapsvior First Year

Do eet.
    Do eet.

DO IT NOW
    jk, I ship Aeryn now. <3

7. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

I want more Harry Cersei interaction. The pairing is itself retarded.

When Harry becomes King (its going to happen since his cousin is going to be Lady of Casterly Rock and I doubt Harry will marry her), Cersei is going to want all the power for herself. Obviously Harry isn't going to let her. He's also going to start enacting reforms and doing stuff that Cersei is completely against. I can't wait to see how they interact during this.

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

My favorite part of this whole mess of a thread - the speculation.

9. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I thought it was the demands that Aeryn die, and he be paired with -insert incestous pairing here-.

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Aeryn is clearly Fleur Delacour. Cxjenious gave it away when he described the hair color.

As soon as she gets past puberty her magical sexy skills will explode. She will then perform admirably in a tournament and be elevated to a person of status, fit for a king.

11. gbbz

gbbz Professor

I was more interested in Aeryn's belief he was some avatar of the Red God, or maybe even the Red God himself. It offers some great Melisandre-like action in the future (what curse will she bring with his sperm?).
    Noone else found this VERY creepy?

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

It's creepy, sure, but not nearly as creepy as it would be in the modern world. Westeros is very little like the world we live in.

13. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Aeryn isn't nearly as skilled as Melisandre. I mean, she's only five-and-ten.

Or is she?

DUN-DUN-DUN!

However, she is working with something a bit more powerful than standard Baratheon seed. She might just give Elaine a particularly bad nosebleed... or she might haunt her with nightmares to make her kill herself... stalk her with shadows, render her barren - the possibilities are endless.

14. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Yeah... in the real world we do not have magic...

Apart from being creepy she could really piss Harry off. If he is influenced in any way by his dreams (canon Harry) he will not take Aeryn's actions lightly. She manipulated him and did... we do not know yet what. But if she threatens a lady he could, potentialy, get very much upset, best friend or no. (If she holds him by his privates (offers sex) to make as she wishes I will be very much dissapointed)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  15. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

Maybe Aeryn is collecting Harry's sperm so she can make a cumlette.

16. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dude, that's disgusting.

The thing I've been wondering is whether the particular focus that people use for magic in the GoT-verse has anything to do with what magic they can perform.

Eg. Dany used fire and death to birth the dragons, who are creatures of fire. Malisandre used semen to create a demon-child, so she was playing on the creation aspect, and king's blood to kill a kings.

So by that reasoning, I'm thinking that whatever Aeryn does, I'm thinking it has to have something to do with either reproductivity in the basic sense, or the act of creation in the abstract.

Personally, I hope she makes Elaine barren.

17. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I always thought it was more about the value of what you're sacrificing, rather than what the thing is specifically. It's been a while, so forgive me, but didn't Victarion Greyjoy sacrifice a maester in A Dance for Dragons to give his fleet favorable winds?

I fail to see what a maester has to do with wind, but I can easily see that he is very valuable to the man sacrificing him.

On a slight tangent, I always assumed that Dany's sacrifice was supposed to mirror the creation of Lightbringer, possibly meant to literally be her Lightbringer if she was the avatar of Rhellor.

I also kinda assumed Melisandre was sacrificing the life her and Stannis created, not the sperm while using sex as a ritual. A kings sperm? Pretty valuable. A kings unborn child, which is also your own? Way more valued, and more deserving of an invincible shadow assassin as reward.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  18. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Only by accident. Remember, her stated aim is to stop Elaine from becoming Lady of the Rock, though she probably considers 'stopping Elaine from marrying Harry' to be the same thing.

Making Elaine barren is something that likely wouldn't be discovered until several years after marriage.

She's using Harry's semen with a trick her mother taught her. It's probably something relatively innocuous like making Elaine nauseous and ill whenever she's in Harry's presence. Now amplify the effect with Harry's wizard semen.

Hmm... with the right ingredients - I wonder if Aeryn's about to make a trip to Raylene's. Perhaps its Raylene's corruption of Aeryn more than Harry which we should be worried about.

19. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Victarion sacrificed the maester at the behest of Moqorro.

Melisandre did the same thing when she had Stannis burn his wife's uncle for favorable winds.

Here, you can read all about it.

---------- Post automerged at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

yak, you might be on to something.

20. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Also keep in mind it is not only the seed of a powerful wizard of royal blood who is the Prince Who Was Promised, it is his first seed. There has always been a lot of power in the firsts of things--firstborn, first time, first blood, first kill. I'm guessing that whatever Aeryn has planned for the semen, it'll either overpower what was intended, or she knows this to begin with and has planned accordingly.

Not open for further replies.