1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Prince Who Was Promised by cxjenious - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Cxjenious, May 30, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good point, although I wonder if any magic she had been taught would be quite that specific. The magic of the Red God that we have seen previous to now in the series seems, if my memory serves, to be more simplistic and narrowly applicable. Malisandre kept using it to kill people. Thoros used it to bring people back to life. Everyone seems to be able to use it to catch glimpses in the flames of far away events or of the future.

Given that, I think your Raylene idea has more potential to cause the right kind of mischief.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'll speculate, but first let me provide the background info:

You've only mentioned Harry and dragons in the same sentence about a bajillion times in the story - including having two of the most transformative moments of his life occur at the Dragonpit.

The ghost of Aerys II claims to know where dragon eggs are. he had yet to find the hoard of dragon eggs the Mad King whispered of - Ch1. Maegor is intrigued by Harry's magic and his Targaryen ancestry.

Harry's probably going back to KL - perhaps for Joffrey's nameday celebration - before the family's trip to Winterfell following Jon Arryn's death.

Harry's made dozens of wands. All of them break. All the wands he crafted snapped after a few spells - Ch1.

Azor Ahai made several Lightbringers. All of them broke after forging, until he sacrificed his love/she sacrificed herself, by quenching the blade in her blood, and her soul bound itself to the sword, thus creating Lightbringer.

Okay, so time for speculation.

Harry's wand is his Lightbringer. Much like Azor Ahai, his early attempts at creating it have failed because he hasn't been using the right materials. He's going to have to sacrifice someone he loves to create it. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that Harry needs to sacrifice a human for a magical wand though.

Harry's going to return to KL and in the months that he's there he's finally going to discover that clutch of dragon eggs which he's long been looking for. Perhaps they only need Harry's magical fire to hatch rather than the life sacrifice which Dany used. Baby dragon tiem!

Cue epic Harry/Dragon bromance.

Finally, there reaches a point where Harry needs a properly working wand to defeat the Other and save the world. He tries everything: basilisk cores, ponycorn cores, dragon nail clipping cores, but they all break. He knows what has to be done. He needs those heartstrings.

No more dragon.

Sad Harry whups the Other with his Lightbringer.

/End speculation.

It doesn't feel right as a whole, but I think parts of it are true. You keep associating Harry with dragons, but apart from Aerys II's comments, there's precious little to suggest that Harry's going to raise a dragon/s. I do think that Lightbringer and the wand are one and the same though.

edit: I can't help but feel that all of Cxjenious' dragon bullshit is a red herring. I can't not jump at it though. ):

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  3. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

Harry is powerful enough without getting a freaking dragon this early in the game. Cxjenious isn't going to make him a Mary Sue.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The bit about Harry having to kill Aeryn to make a wand in a parallel of Lightbringer rings true.

5. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aeryn dying for the wand/Lightbringer feels right, but I can't see why it'd need to happen.

Ollivander was Harry's post-Hogwarts mentor and friend. Harry probably knows his wand lore quite well, but I doubt human sacrifice was ever part of it.

I'm probably missing something, maybe the standard in-universe magic.

That is one of the big things going against Harry raising a dragon. He's already 'raising' Aeryn. He's got ten guards, a planned dozen knights, the future backing of the Westerlands, perhaps popular backing in the Crownlands, and then he's going to ride around on dragonback slaying his foes as well?

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I personally think it would be hilarious if he named any future dragons either Norbert or Norberta -- just a callback to his past life, etc. /snicker

7. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

Charizard. Just because.

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Harry won't hatch any dragon eggs. Doesn't mean he won't raise dragons, though. Or is that raze? I get my words confused, sometimes.

9. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Holy fuck. Over 1000 posts. To be on topic, I agree with the sentiment that Harry having a dragon might be a tad much. Awesome though it would definitely be.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Word of God. Damn.

10. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
Not open for further replies.