1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Random Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Amerision, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Missy

Missy The Emperor Sheep's Mistress

You cant exactly do that in IRC. Well, you could, but knowing my luck, it would backfire.

2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

New Topic:

Europeans bashing Americans for being "Fat, Lazy, Prejudiuced, and complete Morons"

Any thoughts?

Just to say though, Americans work 3-5 weeks more a year than Europeans do.

3. Lord Blackmore

Lord Blackmore First Year

Well... that doesn't say much. American families have an average debt of several thousand dollars constantly, generally speaking. Perhaps they need the extra work. :)
    And the image of being complete morons probably stems from the latest troubles in Iraq. Pre-emptive strike and all that unfounded rot.

4. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well, lazy I wouldn't say, but consider this: Would Americans work that much if they didn't have to? Maybe they have to because of the lower wage/hour or because the system does not guarantee them as many holidays.

And, saying Americans are prejudiced is just ironic.

But, what are American thougts on Europe?

5. Missy

Personally, I think that Americans suck ass. This is coming from an American, so its..sad in a way. Americans only work more than Euro's because of the debt we have to pay off, the life styles we have, and the 'toys' that they think they need. From what I see of Europeans, they live very conservatively, and they also have better means of transportation than Americans do. We have to drive or fly every where, whereas Europeans can just hop on a train and go.

6. World

How does the public transport it the US look? I have heard that the Americans use their car for everything (some even for getting the mail), though the gas is not really all that cheap, and considering the mileage of SUVs, that doesn't seem very sensible.
    In our city there's a bus every twenty minutes into every part of the city (280,000 inhabitants) and the main suburbs (up to 24,000) every day and about every hour at night (10pm-5am), a single ride costs ~$2. In bigger cities like Dortmund there are trams up to every few minutes.

7. Missy

We use cars for everything, as you said. I belive that the U.S. is the number one contributor to air pollution. In larger citys, like New York, with its subway system, San Fran, with its trollys, they have good means of transportation. Other places, its shit. You either walk or call a cab if you dont have a car.

8. World

Yay for this prejudice ;)
    And yeah, the US are the No 1 polluter, not only cars, but air conditioning is a huge factor as well...
    Maybe you could post the costs for gas and electricity and water?

In my city its:
    Electricity: 16.25c per kWh + ~100€ every year
    Water: 1.54€ per m³
    Gas (normal): 1,33€ per litre

9. Missy

I'm not sure how much it costs for all that stuff. But, living on a horse farm, the way I do, we have several expenses that most people wont have. We dont have to pay for heating because we burn wood, contributing to the pollution to the air. As usual. Electricity is probably around $100-150. I dont even know if you have to pay for water in the country. And, we dont have gas.

Heres a thing that really pisses me off, companys translating their product into spanish and sticking it on the product. This is the U.S. and we speak english here. I'm not exactly sure if the english language we have made over here is the official language of the U.S., but meh. If you're going to live in a country, you should learn the language. Its bull shit that we have to learn another language just to work at some jobs because of the influx of asian and spanish people immigrating to the U.S.

I would love to kick Bush in the ass and give him a piece of my mind. He'd walk away mortified.

10. Bungler

Bungler Guest

Are you sure its not imported products? Just outside my school they sold imported products that was cheaper then the swedish ones.

11. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

What are you talking about? Bush is totally on your side lol. Why do you think the new immigration laws are in place?

It's not the goverments fault that products now have spanish/chinese/japanese/etc. labels. It's the companies who do it because they know that there is a large amount of immigrants who would most likely buy the product they could understand. I mean say you were in china and you saw a box that said "SOAP" and then next to it you see another box that has big bold chinese symbols and under it are slightly less bold symbols and under that there are symbols in fine print. Which would you get?

12. Missy

Bush is a dick and he needs to get the large stick out of his ass.

I'd open the box and look inside it. Which ever box had the coolest looking symbols on it, i'd buy it. And if I ever run into the CEO of those damn companies their going to find my size 9 shoe up their asses.

Friggin. Wal Mart, affectionatly known as Mexi Mart to me, needs to fucking die.

13. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

LOL, Mexi Mart??? haha..thats new, it seems u really dont like immigrants? in my school we have sooooo many spanish immigrants, half of the school is full of them.

And America is known for being fat because we started the fast food industry...now people in France (the older more traditional) hate us because we're brainwashing the younger generations.

Also, America was voted for being the least fashionable country

14. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Maybe America is the world's largest polluter because we have the most people in the world above the poverty line?

Sure, England can say it doesn't pollute much, but when you have as many people as the US living high lifestyles next to each other, it gets a bit harder to provide publuc transportation for everyone.

I know England has less pollution per capita, but if it were to increase it's population, the transit system would fail miserably and the per capita pollution would go up.

It's easier to regulate pollution in smaller countires because, as a whole, there is just less to get done.

Renovating the entire infrastructure is going to be waaaay harder in the US than it is for the small European countries.

There are more factors to consider than just "Americans are lazy".

-That's just a bandwagon people like to jump on.

BTW, we don't use a car to get the mail unless it's in a post office in a P.O. Box, or we're getting it on the way to work.

15. Missy

I know people that are too lazy to walk the entire 10 feet to their mail box. Much less tear themselves away from the TV.

I've seen people in interesting get ups. Some people have even tried bringing the hippie thing back.

I have nothing against immigrants. I have lots against Mexi-Mart.

16. Masked Critic

Masked Critic Backtraced

New topic: shit I didn't want to post in a bumped thread that should never have been bumped, and yet think is too funny to keep to myself.

Ahem... There is an internet standard for date, length, and weight:

Date: can't get one
    Length: too short to please the nonexistant date
    Weight: too fat to see the tiny length

And those are the standards.

What? Sure this post is worthless, but this section of the forum doesn't count. Shut up.