1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Return by roxbury - NC17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by Niffler Lord, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Title: The Return
    Author: roxbury
    Rating: NC-17
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, Erotica, Romance
    Pairing: Looks like H/Lily
    Chapters: 8
    Published: August 14, 2006
    Updated: May 21, 2010
    Words: 20740 words
    Summary: Harry is captured by Voldemort, and wakes up to find that he is not being tortured or killed. What's going on, and why is he still alive?
    Link: http://ficwad.com/story/23506

It's well written fic. Its also one of the better H/Lily fics that I've read. The only thing is the author seems to forget some of the plot points after a while, like why Harry did what he did.

It was a pretty enjoyable read.

4/5

Checked July 30, 2012

Checked by Dark Syaoran, June 6, 2014
    Updated old Ficwad link.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Heh...it got updated like 3 times last night. Its a good read, and the smut is very nicely done.

3. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Didnt get to the smut. Couldnt get past chapter 2. I really didnt like this at all.
    It all just seemed like an excuse for Harry and Lily to nob each other. Perhaps though, I gave up prematurely

4. CGB

CGB Auror

The plot is a bit strange, but it is well written and the smut is OK. I added this to my alert list, and I'll rate this after a few more chapter. I have first to see, how the plot is developing.

5. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I'm not sure if I like that Hermione completely disregarded the idea that Voldemort would use nuclear weapons. I also find Dumbledore's attitude a little strange, but overall I think it has a lot of potential as a H/L fic.

6. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Totally agree. I read the beginning maybe 2 years ago and it was a pleasant surprise to see it turned into a regular story instead of a oneshot.

The only problem so far is that I don't see any plot in it yet, but we will see. 4/5 so far, but if I don’t see a plot soon I will lower the rating.

7. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

Slight Pussy!Harry, otherwise good. Great smut ^^

3.5/5

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Hmm, weren't the first two chapters of this written by Shezza? Either way, it's developing alright. 4/5

9. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

yes it was started by shezza but it was taken over by some one else on demon god of chaos group

10. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

I was having a mixed reaction to the story but with the new chapters and with how Harry will be trained and the whole idea of how the ritual (heh sex) between lily and harry is helping him.

4/5 good story, great smut, definatelly worthy of the restricted section.

11. Telerias

Telerias Muggle

Interesting story, a new take (for me anyways) on the Harry/Lily ship. Looks like it will be a manipulative Dumbledore, will have to watch how that develops.

4/5 so far

12. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Honestly I find this story pretty bad.

The way the characters interact with each other is just hasty and strange. When his friends find out that Lily is alive they react like nothing is wrong - no questions, no doubts,....
    They react like such a thing is completely normal. The only reaction he gets from them is because he had sex with his mother.

The same thing is with Dumbledore. Harrys reaction to Voldemort is not so bad, but Dumbledore wanted to know absolutely nothing about his little trip to Voldi. No details, no reasons, nothing about his future plans,...

The next thing I find a "little" strange is, that there are no consequences to Umbridges death. No Auror investigation, no reaction of the other students, hell even Dumbledore with his goody-goody attitude merely joked about it.

All in all the story has a lot of plot holes and seems totally rushed to me. Smut alone isn't making a story good.

2 / 5

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hm. It's okay and something to waste time with, but other than that, meh. It's good if your bored. If not, then I suggest reading something else.

14. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

o_O......thats a new out take on rituals, The story is good enough. though the only thing creative is the ritual bit and possibility of Voldemort using Nukes.

This fic is good enough for reading when one is bored. 4/5

The smut is good . Though Vash is still the king of smut :p

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Anyone else willing to give their opinion for this story?

16. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

With so few H/L stories around you have to do with what you have :) I find the plot a bit lacking with the possibility to fix that because of the whatever-it-was Voldemort needed of Lily in the first place comming into the picture to build possibly a super!Voldemort vs. even better!Harry :p The smut is good but I don't really like the fact that it's triggered by some ritual-induced-Lust. The Necromancy and dead!Harry is a nice touch. 3/5

17. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

The plot of thsi story seems just a tad cheesy. I mean, it looks like the author just wanted an excuse for Harry and Lily to go at it like rabbits. The smut's not too bad, but it ain't great either. The initiation of the smut is bad though.

But you have toi admit, this is, whilst cheesy, original as well. Out of curiosity, are there any other Dead!Harry stories out there?

18. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

i thought it was one of the better H/L fics out there, as said above u knda have to take what you get with that pairing.

19. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

My eyes burn!!!!! I haven't read many of the Harry/Lily stories out there, but if this is at the top like most of you are saying.......the whole paring should burn!

Good lord, I can't even make it to chapter three it is so badly written. If there is a plot, I can't make it far enough into the story to find it, and I intend never to try.

As Syaoran said, you would have to be bored in order to read this fic. No, I say take it a step further, you would have to be on the brink of death, with no company, and only that story to entertain yourself with. Hell, all the person would need is a sock, and I can think of something more worth there time.

There is much to complain about in this story, but I am not going to waste my time with it, so without further adieu. 2/5

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  20. Erised

Erised Backtraced

I have to agree, although I will always be a reader of fine smut.

I didn't enjoy this story, but that is mainly because incest tends to squick me slightly.

Otherwise it took up some time nicely.