1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The return of DLP Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, May 27, 2010.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am definitely down for that. All I do these days is play TF2.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Very very fun night although I fear I may have made a mistake in giving mishie tips. All I have to say is

Sticky Bombs

Sticky Bombs fucking everywhere.

3. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

So yeah, thanks to this thread I decided to reinstall TF2 and play a few bot matches. That was ruined when Krogan invited me to join a game he was in. I decided to play demoman since that's one of the few classes that I know how to play and I had a great time. Apparently, people don't pay much attention to mines on the ground, and I think I got almost all of my kills with mines, with the occasional eyelander kill. As such, feel free to invite me to any DLP games, because it would be nice to play with a decent team. I'm pretty sure the only person with a higher score than me was Krogan, and considering it was my first game versus actual people, that should say a lot as to how bad our teams were...

4. Krogan

High Score:
    Basically it was me, Mishie and a whole shit load of Sentries that happened to have meat shields running around. I was working my ass off and we did alright, 274 kills, 29 dominations and close to a hundred assists in one night :D.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

This makes me die on the inside I want to play so bad. D: Haven't been able to in ages cause of work. I doubt I'll ever have a free moment to play.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I was thinking Pyro had more weapons for his primary slot actually. Yeah I'll take extra parts ftw, thanks.

Natascha for the Germany server we've all been trolling would actually be the best weapon I'd think for Heavy. All those fucking jump happy scouts and pyros would just get shut down and be unable to run away worth a crap. I used mine up awhile back I think, I roll with the Brass Beast and occasionally the Iron Curtain.

Zombro!

Don't give me that bullshit, I'm busy as god knows fucking hell, but log into the Germany server we play on and just rape, it's fun as hell

7. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I miss headshotting you, Zombro. D:

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Of course, you have to collect or make a lot of other weapons to slap together for the energy flamethrower and so I know how much of a pain in the balls it is trying to scrape them all together.

Even setting aside how bad I am at Heavy to start with, I tried using Brass Beast on my Heavy and I could not stand it. I know how laughably easy it is as a Sniper to pick off Heavies when they're moving at their normal speed and how I don't even need to really be looking at the screen to pick them off when they open fire with a different gun. The Brass Beast slowing you down that much is basically like painting a neon sign on your forhead for me that says "Insert Bullet Here."

9. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

As a sniper player, this is the undeniable truth.

10. Midknight

I use it if there's going to be a lot of hallway or corridor fighting, or if we're beating the other guys to their base. The extra damage also often means life or death against another heavy.

11. Krogan

High Score:
    And thats completely fine, I just can't play them myself. All of my favorite jobs are Sniper, Spy and Pyro meaning though so I'm always hyper paranoid about everything, I mean just yesterday I was playing in Harvest as a Sniper with my Machina rifle and three Heavies came from their spawn point and opened up with their Brass Beast's, they were so god damn slow that I was able to kill all of them with a single fully charged headshot. I don't say this to brag, I say it because I'm not even particularly good at Sniper and I did that which means if someone with more practice and talent for Sniper than I comes along they might as well have not even bothered.

12. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I've been trying :( I got moved to a new place, and the few moments I have to myself eventually end up with me taking care of Jamie, or doing something with the wife. I work nights, so I can't play when everyone else does, and I usually only have days off when I save up enough overtime.

I'll try one day, though, Middy, so I can backstab you just like old times :p

I miss backstabbing you, and then blowing you up with my rocket launcher :( Repeatedly.

Last time I played (about eight months ago) I was doing some serious scooting and sniping. I miss it. And 2fort :(((( I was getting some serious kills. Like 40+ killstreak as a scoot using the shortstop, and shit tons of headshots.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Any more thoughts on the 6v6 match?

14. Krogan

High Score:
    Hell of a good set of rounds last night, Mishie makes a damned awesome medic which is especially good considering in about half of the rounds we played our team might as well have not even been there for all the good they did. The best you could say is that they soaked up a bullet or two.

15. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Just played a few rounds after about a six month break. Managed to go 2:1 and top score as sniper (yes, k/d means nothing, but it gives you an idea of how I was doing.) Not exactly good for my previous skill level, but I managed not to embarrass myself.

I'm probably going to be playing a lot in the coming weeks. After I get my skill back up I'll come destroy you fools. ;)

Pardon my ignorance, but was there a DLP steam group or server? Something to make playing with each other easier? Been so long that I have no idea what the current system is.

edit:

Broke down and played a couple more hours. TF2 was always way too addicting. Anyway, averaged around 3:1, which is pretty much par for the course when pubstomping for me. Was managing 5:1 on Badwater (I know that map better than my house) but was barely managing 2:1 on Upward and Thundermountain.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  16. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

There was but we all lost interest so I think Raven stopped hosting the server?

I think nowadays if we wan tto play together its called "Pick this server. Everyoen gtfo on here"

17. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Ah, damn. Anyway, here's my steam profile. Anyone can feel free to add me and crash my games. I'll be playing pretty much all day.

Man, the Huntsman is too fun. I always pull it out on bad Sniper maps when I just stop giving a fuck. Kept killing the other teams top scoring heavy, which we both had a good laugh about.

18. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

19. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Could I get a group invite for the TF2 group? Schrodinger's the name.

20. Midknight