1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Revolution Series by YodaKenobi -Star Wars-

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Othalan, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Title: Part I: Revolution
    Author: YodaKenobi
    Rating: T
    Genre: AU
    Pairings: Canon (for the most part)
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Published: August 19, 2003
    Updated: September 24, 2003

Summary: New Jedi Order AU. Anakin Solo isn't quite as dead as everyone thought. But after nearly two years of captivity, will he, or the galaxy itself ever be the same?
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/12867139

Title: Part II: The Eighth Cortex
    Published: Nov. 26, 2003
    Updated: May 12, 2004

Summary: As Anakin reunites with his family and rejoins the war effort, someone with less than noble intentions stalks his mother.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/14085947

Title: Part III: The Living Force
    Published: June 21, 2004
    Updated: January 7, 2005

Summary: As the end of the war draws near, a woman from Luke Skywalker's past has returned, twisted and powerful, to claim Leia as her captive and, perhaps, her apprentice.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/16202587/

Post NJO

Title: Part IV: Empire of the Hand
    Published: March 4, 2005
    Updated: September 26, 2005

Summary: Two and a half years after the climactic end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Jaina Solo embarks on a search for a missing Jedi Knight that takes her into the Unknown Regions, where something more sinister has been gathering.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/18632333/

Title: Part V: The Age of Heroes
    Published: November 8, 2005
    Updated: February 2, 2007

Summary: Three years after the Yuuzhan Vong War, the galaxy and the Solo family are faced with a new, far more insidious threat.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/22242853/

Title: Part VI: Exodus
    Published: February 2, 2007
    Updated: May 30, 2008 (?)

Summary: The Galactic Alliance has found a new ally in a mysterious force from the Unknown Regions bent on destroying the Jedi and taking control of the GFFA.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/26099579/

Title: Part VII: The Lands of the Dead
    Published: May 30, 2008
    Updated: April 16, 2010 (?)

Summary: A mysterious empire controled by a Sith Lord from deep in the Unknown Regions has become a part of the Galactic Alliance and is determined to destroy the Jedi Order.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/28522077/

Title: Part VIII: The End of All Light
    DLP Category: Star Wars
    Published: April 16, 2010
    Updated: September 21, 2012
    Summary: A mysterious empire controled by a Sith Lord from deep in the Unknown Regions has become a part of the Galactic Alliance and is determined to destroy the Jedi Order.
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/30882841/

An incredibly long and well written fan fiction series. The quality of the writing is some of the best I've seen, outside of professionally written novels (and it's even better than a lot of those). Plot-wise, it's basically a massive AU, starting during the latter half of the New Jedi Order series, during roughly the same time frame as the Force Heretic novels, in which Anakin Solo was captured, rather than killed, with a cloned corpse left behind for the strike team to find.

Everything diverges from there and the outcome of the NJO is drastically altered. Along with bringing back some seemingly forgotten characters from the earlier EU novels (like Callista), I have to give the author props for coming up with one of the most interesting, best developed OCs I've ever seen.

The only real complaint I have is that the author tries a little too hard in Part V to draw parallels between Anakin Solo and Anakin Skywalker. Little things, like wearing the same type of dark robes, weilding the same lightsaber and flying practically the same type of ship are emphasized just a bit too much for my liking, but it doesn't really interfere with the flow of the overall story.

For those who are unfamiliar with the Jedi Council Forums, be warned: their fanfic section is in a rather clumsy thread format, which means that the story chapters tend to get crowded by other posts. If you can get over the inconvenience of scrolling through all the replies and other crap, you're in for a treat.

All in all, it gets a solid 5/5 from me.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012
    Fixed the links and added the latest installment.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

I read the three NJO stories and they were great. Probably one of the best final battle scenes ever. Lasts probably about 10 chapters of just overall goodness.

5/5 for at least the first three stories.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have been reading them, nearly through the second book, but one thing that fucks me off so much, is that its on a forum, and all the posts are stupidly long, and its hard to read it all in one go.

Is there anywhere, or any way I can read them without having to see everyones comments?

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do what I do, set the page lengths to the maximum number of posts, then open up each individual chapter in a separate tab using the post number such as is to the top and right of this post, which you can then browse and bookmark at your leisure.

5. Othalan

Well, as of about two weeks ago, "The Lands of the Dead" is complete. I have to say that the
    Anakin/Jacen duel toward the end was made of awesome, but Anakin not falling to the dark side was a bit disappointing after all the lead-up. Jacen's complete fall and final transformation into Darth Havok during the duel made up for that some, though.

Overall, it was another excellent fic from YodaKenobi, who has announced that we can expect the first chapter of the final book in the series sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. If you aren't already reading this series, I can't recommend it highly enough; each installment easily merits a 5/5.

6. Othalan

7. Azialady

Azialady Squib

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

This is the second time (at least?) you've been asked not to Necro threads without adding worthwhile content.

Added two warning points - next time a temp ban.

If you want to bump an old thread add a review or have something substantial to say.