1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Except Big Z.

Dude toughed it till the end. Props to him.

2. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Me cheers.
    Good job Aekiel for helping us win. I totally screwed up XD

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No award for the most Useful Useless role Smile? :p

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Can someone post the links here directly? I can open the excel file only through Zamzar and it doesn't convert them.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good job to Aekial for surviving long enough to overcome the Knights. The game could have been better, but I hope these two versions won't prevent a retooled Dresden 3 from being worked on in the time ahead.

6. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Zenzao, Smile...

Want to work with me on Dresden3 and release it ~may or june? We can totally get this shit to work.

7. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

The Whites would totally have won if we had a night kill.

8. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Maybe. Gambit derped by flip flopping regarding me so often, even in the face of how blindly obvious it was that I was Dresden, not to mention his retracted vote on Lungs at the last minute.

You played well though, staying off the radar and masking yourself in the town's general inactivity. I didn't really have a read on you, as you can see in my QT. It's rather unfortunate that town just couldn't be bothered to come in and post, which is retarded considering how many of them visited DLP daily and the stellar start the town had in its lynches and NKs.

Belated congratulations to Jon for proving your prowess, if nothing else, you've ensured that you'll probably be one of the first targets for NK/lynch early on, regardless of your role. That's a high honor and speaks to how well you play Mafia and how deadly you can be when given time.

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sure. That should give us more than enough time to hammer out the problems and get a smoother system in place.

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, first, I propose that everyone subscribed to this thread, tell us how your role could have been better and more fun for you. If you got to do X, if X didn't happen because of some other role, etc.

@Zenzao: #mafia, now?

11. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Although I mentioned it in my QT, Archive's role probably needs a huge facelift. For someone that has protection by Kincaid and considered one of the better town roles, Archive's power has too limited use and needs to be improved.

Similarly, I'd advise against any "vanilla" town roles at all, since it'll just propagate the continued inactivity of the town. Not having any special powers or what not will trend people towards apathy and inactivity, which is detrimental to the game as a whole, not just the town in general. It's sad that people can't take pleasure in the game itself rather than having a fun role but unfortunately, that probably has to be taken account for future games as well.

12. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am generally in favor that everyone has at least one other player he or she can contact with.

I personally find the game more fun if I can plan with another player rather than sitting on a power role on my own, or even worse, being a vanilla player on my own.

That's just me though, without the deeper understanding of the game that you guys have.

13. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Day Extensions. Don't do them ever. Not even for first-day no lynches or just because you felt like starting early.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The very real problem with an Archive facelift, or any town buff really, is balance. Dresden has so many competing scum factions that any improvements to town need to be balanced by an equal increase to ALL the scum. Nothing kills fun faster then playing an,unwinnable faction.

Right now Archive is a late.game scum.head hunter, which is balanced.

15. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Fucking Denarians.

16. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This could have gone a little better is someone had, you know, fucking purified me.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Lol. Sorry Schro.

:)

18. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I had you targeted, but was roleblocked :/ Sorry.

On improvements, I think the Knights are pretty good as-is. My protection ability isn't all that useful because it runs the risk of being redundant on any of the power roles provided that Forthill is still alive and/or the role I target still has a life left. It's moderately useful for protecting the other Knights, but only if you're trying to track Namshiel. But as was pointed out, any increase in strength for the town has to also equal an increase in strength for the scum, which is why I say that the Knights are fine.

There were some serious derps regarding the White Court. NobelFiction was apparently not tainted (despite claiming so), according to Smile's spreadsheet. He was town player, so he shouldn't have a reason to lie about it. Unless Smile derped and didn't make a note of it? And Seratin and Castiel both claimed to have been tainted on Night 5 (only Castiel was listed in the spreadsheet). Unless Seratin was trying to fuck with the town despite still being a town player, this was another hosting screw-up. And everyone wondered why we were confused about Jon's role...

Not to mention that Aziraphale's claim about being switched with jwlk was apparently true.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the modding job. I know it's not easy, but some pretty major mistakes were made that screwed up the game badly and confused everyone not in the know.

Edit: Just checked NobelFictions QT, and you never told him that he wasn't supposed to be tainted. Nothing about a second taint in Seratin's QT, so I have no idea what he was up to.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Also. I hate you Lungs. I gave you one of my last two prayers as Forthill...you dick.

20. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Eh. Being in St. Giles just felt... well, pointless. I didn't have much to go on because while I had another player I could trust, neither of us had anything else we could do beyond try to guess at other players intentions.