1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. pbluekan

pbluekan Seventh Year DLP Supporter

The fact that Moore is in the running is absolutely baffling, yet I am entirely unsurprised. This race is an exemplar of what our election system has turned into, and I am absolutely dreading the next major election cycle because of it. 2018 (the house) will be a shitslinging contest of epic proportions that will likely end with all the worst offenders (in multiple senses) elected to our governing body.

2. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Yeah, the way most people rely on echo chamber news outlets seems to be making these sorts of scandals far less damaging than they used to be. It's easy for Moore's supporters to conclude that it's all just Fake News manufactured by Moore's opponents to make him look bad.

3. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

Only for morons- Calling it like it is.

4. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Order Member DLP Supporter

Those morons make up a not insignificant plurality of the electorate.

5. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

Eh. It's less stupidity than simply wanting it not to be true. For all practical purposes, it's not a huge difference, but it is an important one.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Professor

High Score:
  7. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

No worries. Jared will fix it all. If he can't, no one can.

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Everyone who was more concerned about his impact on American foreign policy rather than abortion as a matter of priority.

9. Arthellion

Arthellion Professor

High Score:
    Just want to throw out real quickly, even though I was explaining the conservative viewpoint earlier on abortion and why it is such a sticking point, doesn't mean I support it as a justification for voting trump.

The best way to end abortion in the USA is to do more to improve sex education, provide a higher quality of life to single moms etc.
    The issue of abortion does not justify voting for trump who in every other way violates the ethical standards of evangelicals. Earlier I was simply explaining and arguing the viewpoint.

Choosing the lesser of two evils is still evil imo and the evangelicals who voted for Trump did so out of faulty logic and a desire to maintain political power as opposed to standing for what is right regardless of whether you receive that power or not.

10. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean...what were we expecting from a President who trashes the State Department, has no understanding of policy, and whose son-in-law is in Israel's back pocket?

11. pbluekan

pbluekan Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Bibi’s back pocket more like. The man has been up for a littany of corruption issues lately and something like this wouldn’t surprise me.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

And Franken will likely follow tomorrow. It was the obvious outcome in the sense that from the party perspective, it's got a lot of upsides, and few downsides. Eventually, rational considerations will get you exactly there.

And here is the point I argued before in data:

So, everything is not equal. The base differs: Democrats are held to a higher standard, and hence apply a higher standard. A Democratic Roy Moore would not exist. Insert moral evaluations to your personal liking.

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Indeed. It's no different than the claims that all of Bill Clinton's indiscretions were Fake News fabricated by a vast right-wing conspiracy.

Unsurprisingly, people are reluctant to believe bad things about politicians they care about, and quick to believe bad things about politicians they already loathe.

14. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

Franken is out. Couldnt handle the pressure.

http://theatln.tc/2BKJ083

Constant new claims made his defense basically crumble away.

15. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

And it's funny that of all the possible candidates, Franken was probably the least of those who absolutely had to resign, and if you wanted to do the conspiracy thing, his latest accuser the least credible (an anonymous source in Politico, compared to names, letters and dates for both Trump and Moore).

So, yeah. In my ideal world, Franken probably wouldn't be forced to resign, because people considered the package, and he's definitely a decent politician, compared to the average nowadays. But then, when was this ever my ideal world :s

16. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Gillibrand is really setting up camp on the forefront of #metoo. First to suggest Clinton should've resigned, first to call for Franken's resignation.

Looks like Jerusalem was very much Jared. Betting on the US as the indispensable arbitrator, on ME's eventual willingness back to the table after expectations are ironed out, on his bromance with MBS as fellow party fuckbois of the Millennial New Guard come-to-power. Looking to score a big win against Tillerson/Haley/Kelly.

17. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Yeah she's definitely gunning for the primary nomination in 2020.

18. Sorrows

Sorrows Professor Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Arthellion I need to have another argument with you about something, I got a whole essay out of the last one and now I'm out of ideas

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Professor

High Score:

Haha! Glad I could assist. Definitely enjoy the discussion.

If a belief is not true one should not hold it. Debating has definitely assisted me in examine my own belief, caused me to reveevaluate certain beliefs, and solidified others.

Hrmm...why a Republic is in actuality a terrible form of government and either an aristocracy or monarchy is better?

Refugee crisis and why Trump is right to ban? (I’m against the ban on the basis of moral and religious reason, but know the primary argument offered by conservatives.)

Georgia football? (Another thread I suppose)

Haha.

20. Sorrows

Sorrows Professor Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:

I need to write a research proposal for a psychology experiment. One focused on developmental psychology in particular. I got a whole essay out of whether transgender children should be allowed to go on hormone suppressing drugs to delay puberty (they should.) Now I need a new interesting topic to sink my teeth into. I was thinking about the effect of authoritarian belief system on the parenting styles of fundamentalist Christians by I'm not sure how much empirical research has been done on topic.

Interestingly enough when researching my last essay I found they is some evidence for a biological basis for transgenderism. Studies suggest that transgender men have a weakened connection between the two areas of the brain that process the perception of self and one’s own body.These connections seem to improve after the person receives cross-hormone treatment. There have been a few other studies showing transgender people have neurological architecture similar to their preferred gender, Link. Secondarily studies suggest that trans women have a longer androgen receptor gene than cis men, meaning testosterone does not effect their brain as much. The sample sizes are still pretty small and the research is far from comprehensive but its interesting nonetheless.