1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Wonder if Romania would lend us that bit of wall they shot Ceausescu against.

2. Invictus

Invictus Fourth Champion

Romania is still a shithole. You want whatever Taiwan did to purge the Kuomitang of massive corruption and cronyism and even treason.

3. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

As if there will be elections come November. (Only kidding a tiny bit.)

What is the angle to release the memo yesterday, by the way? I've seen some cynical suggestions that it's purely for the special election that's happening in PA or something, but I don't see how that works except in the most vague trickle down sense. (Which, to be fair, is appropriate.)

4. h2o

h2o Professor

I'd say that it is to further protect Trump and keep hold of power, at all costs. In for a dime, in for a dollar.

So its just misdirection, the intelligence agencies say that Putin's interference helped Trump win. The Republicans need to deny this and why not take a swing at Clinton & the democrats at the same time by saying it was they who benefited from the Russian interference. Think of it this way, Fox News is going to trumpet this as the declaration of Trump's innocence and that Hillary was the crooked one all along and guess what; a majority of their viewers will believe it.

5. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tillerson is out at State. Pompeo moving from CIA to replace him. Deputy Dir. Gina Haspel to succeed him (first female DCI, if confirmed).

Pity. I was hoping Sen. Cotton would take the job so that he would be out of the Senate.

6. Invictus

Invictus Fourth Champion

Tillerson is out. Pompeo, Trump's crony in the CIA is the new Secretary of State.

7. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Death Eater

His replacement for CIA chief is Gina Haspal, a career officer. Which is honestly not the worst decision that could have been made.

Admittedly she ran a black site in Thailand and participated in the torture cover up, which is why she didn't become NCS head in 2013 when Brennan nominated her.

But at this point I'd rather evil and theoretically competent than see what happened to State happen to the CIA.

8. Immet

Immet Seventh Year

I saw someone say that Tillerson was fired hours after saying Russia was involved in the nerve agent poisoning in the UK, and a quick look at news says that's true- saying that the poisoning 'clearly came from Russia' on a state level basis.

How long do (well, really, should) decisions like replacing Tillerson with Pompeo take, and is the timing circumstance or did either Tillerson know about this and decide to speak out or the replacement is a response to Tillerson's statement?

9. Invictus

Invictus Fourth Champion

Tillerson was apparently unaware of why he was fired, discovered through Tweeter. Trump implied heavily he wants someone more pugnacious and aggressive who agrees with him.

Getting NK on the table and to publicly admit they might give up on their nuclear arsenal (something I'm deeply skeptical) might've been seen by Trump as the proof that his style works while Tillerson more "establishment" positions regarding International Affairs was "proven" as a failure. The fact he still couldn't renegotiate the Iran deal while after threatening Canada and Mexico they're now sitting on the negotiation table (nevermind how they're both incredibly different affairs) might be another indicator.

The fact the White House refused to point fingers at Russia unlike it's main ally... It's a sinister sign.

10. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Unspeakable DLP Supporter

It's also only been a week since an email from UAE to a rich Trump donor asked about how to get Tillerson out of his job.

What a fucking clown car this is.

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Death Eater

When Trump was elected; I was horrified and angry but figured he couldn't do that much damage. It's only four years and there is always red tape in politics.

I was so.... so... wrong.

He is worse than I could have ever even imagined. My friends and I can't even make Trump jokes nowadays as its too freaking depressing. My boyfriend and I are really beginning to think about not coming back to the states after our trip around the world. We will be closely monitoring the situation this year, but if this continues... We may emigrate.

Which makes me feel bad, as I want to fight for this country, but at times like this, when one major party is that corrupt, makes me think we don't even have a chance. :(

12. Invictus

Invictus Fourth Champion

This is a massacre.

Meanwhile Trump's Personal Assistant was kicked out of the White House (maybe for security reasons) and had to be accompanied by security.

ICE Spokesman also resigned due to Trump lying about facts to distort the truth and attack the Oakland mayor.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  13. The Iron Rose

Trump's assistant apparent did some financial crimes so eh, that one I'll let go.

I'm far more concerned about the nerve gas attack on British soil. Whether that's targeted sanctions or a bunch of Russian spies having tragically preventable car accidents, firm policy is needed to deter further Russian adventurism.

14. Arthellion

Arthellion Death Eater

High Score:
    Anybody remember when Obama and other Dems basically ridiculed Romney for saying Russia was a threat?

Pepper ridge Farm remembers.

Just worth noting this could have easily been avoided.

15. The Iron Rose

I disagreed with Obama then, and there's been a fairly broad consensus that that statement was a mistake.

But saying that this could easily be avoided by no means follows.

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Pepperidge.

17. Arthellion

Arthellion Death Eater

High Score:
    Aye.

Remember when mobile phones didn’t have auto correct?

They remember that too. :p

18. Indrik

Indrik First Year

High Score:
    The article I read said that he had a habit of forging Trump's signature and giving letters of praise/condemnation to staff members as a "joke."

19. The Iron Rose

what.

In other news, Tillerson's speech was hilarious. He didn't mention the president with a single fucking word, doubled-down on his stance on Russia that got him fired, encouraged his team to not resign in disgust and further encouraged them to continue a discourse of warmth and courtesy to each other (clearly, a running theme in Trump's administration).

Fucking l o l

20. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Yeah, this could easily have been avoided if the Republican party wasn't full of spineless traitors. Russia would not have been a major problem at all if GOP and their voter-base had any morals and self-awareness. Unfortunately that is not the case. Much bigger problem than any Russian interference is the Republican party embracing that and all the shit that Trump presidency entails without a word of disagreement.

Hopefully this travesty will get embedded into Americas collective memory, but looking into the past that is pretty doubtful.