1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Aug 12, 2009.

1. redshell

redshell Order Member

I am distinctly reminded of Sandal from Dragon Age.

As far as the show goes, I'm going to watch last night's episode shortly after waking up, thank you DVR. In any case, Shane's position is both pragmatism and not at the same time. Him killing Otis wasn't pragmatic, that was putting his own survival (and Carl's) before Otis'.

Darryl remains my favorite character on the show, even when he was hallucinating about his brother and ended up getting shot by Andrea because he went into Rambo mode.

Laurie needs to pull her fucking boots up and realize that even if she doesn't want to bring up a kid in that world, it's the only way the human race will continue.

Rick really needs to stop being so accepting of everyone else. Seriously, bro, grow a spine. I was incredibly surprised that he didn't walk away from Laurie when she told him she and Shane had had sex. Yes, it's understandable, but the fact that he wasn't at least angry about it is just stupid.

My last comment about what I've seen so far is that Hershel and his little 'family' are way too naive about walkers.

Oh, and Glen needs to stop thinking with his dick.

2. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Isn't that pragmatism? I would have done the same in that situation. It was either they both get eaten by zombies and Carl dies or one of them gets eaten and acts as a distraction so the other can live and get the equipment to save Carl. Otis was the whole reason they were there in the first place, so really he was the obvious choice.

Agreed, he's keeps becoming more awesome and I hope that doesn't change.

At the time, she wasn't really sure whether they would stay if they found Sophia(dead, alive, or walker). If she went out into the zombie apocalypse while pregnant, she and her baby would become a drain on the group, putting everyone in danger. She wouldn't be doing the human race much good if she got everyone killed because of the baby.

He was angry, but as he said it himself, he expected it to happen, so he wasn't blindsided. Just cause he didn't start screaming his head off at her doesn't mean he's not angry.

He's young and he hasn't had sex in a while, if ever, because of a zombie are killing everyone and hot girl suddenly asks him if he wants to have sex with her, of course he'd think with his dick.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I've got to say, I wasn't expecting that at all until only a few seconds before it happened.

Great resolution to that plot point.

4. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah I fucking love the comics but there is no way that they could stick to the same plotlines.
    I dont think AMC would allow the brutality of Lori and her daughter getting shot
    Christ I love The Walking Dead.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I was, the picture of
    Sophia exiting the barn
    was leaked 2 weeks ago. I did not post it here so everyone wouldn't kill me.

I should stop reading spoilers and start reading the comic. :(:(:(

:facepalm

6. Kang

I cannot rate the Comic highly enough. Without a doubt the best thing since fucking everything.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

There is that and about a thousand other things I have to see/read, but right now I have final exams (I am in 12th), then college interviews and entrance exams so I can't risk becoming addicted to another thing, I already waste enough time as it is. :(

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

The only complaint I have about that last episode is, well, ammo consumption. Don't get me wrong, they're mostly amateurs who've barely shot/had to shoot (re-watching the attack on the camp from Season 1, usual saviours, nor have I ever fired a gun so, a tad hypocrticial) and the simple amount of bullets they just, well, wasted?

Ok, there's accuracy even at that range, and it's possible they replayed close-ups etc to make it seem more brutal, but, eh, that was the only thing that bugged me. That and Dale backing down to Psycho!Shane. New Year can't come soon enough though.

Was kind of expecting the ending, there had to be more to it than Hershal was letting on, albeit that raises the question of when exactly, he found her & caralled (spelling?) her into the barn with the rest.

9. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Whether or not Hershel knew is debatable. He said it himself that Otis was the one who fished the walkers out of the swamp, so it's possible, in that narrow window between Sofia going missing and Otis shooting Carl (Like a day, or more, and given how it looks like Sophia was bitten on the neck, her getting reanimated that quickly works), Otis corralled her into the barn. Hershel wouldn't know exactly because he doesn't go out there - it's Patricia who feeds them the chickens, remember - and he would probably avoid the place because his wife's in there. Again, whether or not he knew is debatable, but I'll say he didn't, and the horrified reaction will be explored in the back half of season two come February.

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Hmm, fair point, my mind kind of blanked out, I completely forgot about the whole Otis' side of things. Thinking about it, they never really mentioned anything as it was all a blind panic about saving Carl... Huh.

Well played, scriptwriters. Still, I've never read the comics but I think them deviating is going to be a mix of welcome ideas and then the side fans would prefer to see. Personally, I think it'll be a good thing, opening up new area's or something along those lines, that said, I can understand why die-hard fans of the comic would love to see certain scenes or plot-lines fully visualized on screen.

That's twice I've been reccommended this particular series comic wise, I suppose I better get looking for it and when I have the money spare look into purchasing it, certainly hooked on the show, more than enough reason to delve into the comics looking at the appraisal here.

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I've very glad you didn't, even in spoilers. I have a habit of reading spoilers, and then hitting myself after wards.

12. Kang

I'll tell you one thing about the comics and why they cant stick to the storyline more- its hardcore brutal. Absolutely and completely brutal and the tv series deviates a fucking lot but im very pleaseed with the way its turned out.

I acquired all 91 comics recently and straight after I made sure to buy them off Amazon full price. It's that goddamn awesome.

13. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

] Say what you want about Shane, he ended that argument decisively. If only he had just left it at that and not gone after the barn, things might have ended better . Hershel looked half convinced, but granted, he may simply have gone back to deluding himself.

But I liked the bit with Sophia. And least there's something for Rick's group to get angry about when the shit hits the fan and everyone's throwing accusations and blame around.

And Laurie's having that kid? Fuuuuuck her dude. Taking the fucking pills you dumb bitch. If she doesn't do it after this episode she needs her brain examined.

Damn. This show is fucking awesome. The only problem I have with it is that Shane is dead now. He just has to die at some point, and that's sad because most of the good tension this season comes from him.

14. potter

potter Raptured to Hell

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to watching The Walking Dead. Looks to be more than an average zombie series.

15. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So a teensy bit of a necro but I just recently picked up the Walking Dead graphic novels and fuck me these kick so much ass its absurd. I'm not even close to done with them all yet but I'm loving these.

If you hate Shane in the show like I do then
    Too bad for you, you have to sit and watch the little bastard run around alive and wellish. If you pick up the comics though then you get to watch Carl shoot the jackass in the throat like a fucking boss in almost no time flat.

Some new characters
    I can't shake the feeling something bad is going to happen to him but so far Tyrese is freaking awesome. Dive tackling the zombie off of Rick like that was just epic.

The comics are a lot more blunt about certain points
    For instance I always thought the relationship between the old man Dale and the blonde girls had a "He wants to boink them silly" undercurrent to it but I knew they'd never go that way. In the comics though Dale is boinking Andrea's brains out constantly which I found hilarious.

I could keep going but my underlying point is still the same, these comics are just fucking :awesome and I recommend everyone pick them up as soon as they can.

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

@Krogan: You haven't gotten out of the prison arc yet.

Oh, this'll be good.

17. Krogan

High Score:
    I know I just bought them all today and I literally haven't done anything but read them since I got back from the store all day today. Its fucking awesome and I seriously wish they'd characterized Ricks kid Carl like he is in the comics, I mean the kid isn't bad at it but I would love to see him blowing away zombies like he does in the comics.

18. Kang

Yes Krogan! I hope you prepared your brain tube for some premium octane awesomeness lest that motherfucker explodes!

<3 Prison Arc

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I hate you all. I can't get the comics yet since my parents will know about it and I am supposed to be studying for my exams. >_>

20. Krogan

High Score:
    Go to the Library then, even the run down shitty one a block or so away from my apartment has the entire series.