1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Wendell That Wasn't by opalish - K+

Discussion in 'Humor' started by darklordmike, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

haha, this was funny. The one scenario that makes Albus Severus an acceptable name.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

5/5. This is practically the only acceptable order of events that could justify the prologue.

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

The author did a great job at maing the story genuinely funny as opposed to many I have read where they attempt to be funny and really miss the mark. I am feeling a bit sorry for Snape though, having to be stuck with those two and their children. What a sad afterlife.

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. Stan

Stan Order Member

Well, I guess comedy is subjective, because I've read this one at least half a dozen times and I still crack up whenever I read it. Between this, Gossip Queens and The Desk, Opalish is the King/Queen of crack one-shots. I like this one the best, but perhaps that's because it makes fun of the epilogue names. And Ghost!Snape. Really, how can anything beat 'Unca Snapey'?

Scorpius Malfoy and the the improbable plot by the same author also has some hilarious moments and makes fun of the epilogue names as well ("Ginny Potter is a stupid name, anyway. Almost as stupid as the names you insisted we give our poor children,"--"Well, it was better than naming them Humphrey, Mudd, and Giggles!"--"Shut up, Harry, those are classic names from quality literature!"--"Martin the Mad Muggle is not quality literature!"). I love Opalish -- its a real shame he/she no longer writes fanfiction.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think this is really funny, but at the same time, it's the kind of humor that's not really situational, it's more about the dialogue and the beats, and that kind of humor is more subjective than other kinds. Same reason I find Tom Stoppard or Christopher Moore hilarious and some people just shrug and say, "meh, it was okay."

I really, really like the comedic timing here, for example:
    And here:
    Anyway. One of my favorite comedy one-shots. Easy 5/5.

7. daxzyblue

daxzyblue Muggle

This tickled my funny bone quite efficiently. Never read Snape-the-Ghost and was quite happy to do so. Definitely a nice 5 minute diversion. 5/5

8. SlashSS

SlashSS Squib

It was O.K. for a crack tic but honestly I don't feel it was that funny. Sort of sad on Snape's part staying as a ghost with his mortal enemies son. 3/5