1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Time for Independence by Black's Phoenix - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Zevrillion, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Title: Time for Independence
    Author: Black's Phoenix
    Rating: T
    Category: General
    Summary: AU: After the events of OOTP it is time for Harry to take control of his life with the aid of a few people. Will be HarryNarcissa and a couple of other girls with him.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2426698/1/

One of the better HP stories I have read lately.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'm inclined to be favorable to this story since it's Harry/Narcissa. But this writing is extremely poor.

The stock descriptions are boring, the characterizations are all flat, and the dialogue is stilted.

And the concept of marriage contracts is used.

1/5

This is one of those stories with good intentions, but is written by someone who completely lacks the skill to pull it off.

3. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Agreed. It's bad. There's no justification whatsoever for Narcissa deciding to help Harry, except for the fact that she's grieving the loss of Sirius and 'doesn't want to lose any more family.' Right.

Even worse is the characterization of Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny. We learn that the trio spied on Harry for Dumbledore for a year, and....that's it. No justification. No convincing explanation. Everyone's actions and motives are two-dimensional.

1.5/5

4. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Alright, so it's 14 chapters but I believe to be abandoned. Seems to be enough to review fully though.

Uh, didn't she hate Sirius like the rest of the Death Eaters? Honestly, just because their family doesn't mean she loves them or even cares about them. So I chalk that up to piss poor plotting in trying to get Narcissa obviously with Harry.

So Remus, how did you find out about it? Any explaination as to why they did this? Money? Books for Hermione? Didn't like Harry's haircut? Mind enslaving lemon drops? :confused:

And you know this how? And what reasons? :confused:

Ugh, a wand holster. What is he? Dirty Harry now? Does the author have this in mind for Harry dealing with Death Eaters? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBKuSlPiWnw&feature=related

Wow, can that excuse get anymore lame? Hey Harry, you ever think for a moment that maybe Kingsley drew you out of the Dursley's to bring you to Voldemort maybe? I mean jeez, this Harry isn't that bright.

Aww, what about all those crimes beforehand? Let me guess? Mind Control? Misunderstood? Teenage Angst? Give me a fucking break.

Ooo oooo *rings buzzer* Who are Narcissa and Bellatrix for 1,000 Alex?

For all you know he could be a serial killer who bites the heads off of chickens. Besides, you're the one who got knocked up when you were 17.

How cliche, boring, and just wrong. I want to say FUUUUUUUU to this fic right about now.

Oh boy, does he get a utility belt next? How about inheritance to a bunch of families and marrying a bunch of psychopaths in their 20's?

HE'S FIFTEEN. HE'S FIFTEEN. HE'S FIFTEEN. Jeez.

Chapter five, nothing happens, no really, nothing happens that advances the plot.

I had a feeling this bullshit would be written into such a cliche story dear writer.

Lord Potter + Lord Black + Marriage Contracts = Facepalm

So Rico Suave err Harry and Parvati go on a date after they run into each other in the Alley..Bella shows up at the house, and Narcissa ends up forcing her to stay.

Well I got through eight chapters out of the 14, but could no longer take it. The regular cliche story with two-dimensional characters who are forced from place to place. Regular cliches with no originality at all. This story gets a 1/5 and a swift kick from the Library in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009