1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Time Travel / Dimension Hoping Stories that don't insult my intelligence.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Freed, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

A Riddled Universe by hazeldragon - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8678567/1/A-Riddled-Universe

2. FriedIce

FriedIce Seventh Year

Since this thread got necro'd for some reason I'll add a recomendation of my own:

The Sun Dog by Enembee
    I am Harry Potter and I've just destroyed everything; space, time, matter and all twenty-six dimensions of our fragile little world in the twinkling of an eye. I am Harry Potter and I have just irreparably violated Global Causality. Take that Hawking.

I'm pretty certain its dimension travel, though it doesn't outright state it.

Has anyone seen any new fics about time dimension travel that aren't head bangingly terrible?

3. Barzûl

Barzûl Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Since the thread got necro'd I'd like to ask if anyone read Delenda Est in its entirety?
    I loved the fic until the dimension leap mid-story and I wanted to know if the fic continued turning into a Know-it-all Potter Siblings wankfest or if it actually improved.

4. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

Dimension leap? They jumped ahead in time, into the future that was altered by their own actions.

I am not sure what you mean about the "Potter siblings wankfest". Harry is laid out with a severe wound and Bellatrix has to keep him alive and deal with the future's ongoing Voldemort problem, in the process recruiting from among the new generation.

5. voljin2

voljin2 First Year

You could try this one: Resolution by Slytherin's Dragon

It's about a Harry and Blaise, who are Head Auror and Auror, being sent back to their Hogwarts days as two different students and then they make the most of it. It's really quite good but don't take my word on it.

Here is a link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8859591/1/Resolution

6. Barzûl

Ah yes, sorry. It was indeed timetravel, my bad.
    I was merely because I found the Potter children very uninteresting and annoying. I did however only read the first 3 chapters or so after the timetravel. Does it get better with the characterization and how the children act since they're (as I remember) very relevant in the story?
    Ofc, if you liked them from the beginning of the second half I can respect that :)

7. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

The brats? I wouldn't call them "very relevant". I don't even recall all their names. They have their moment, mainly the seer among them, but the story stays focused on Harry and Bellatrix, and how they tackle Voldemort. There's a funny side plot dealing with Draco and his discovery of muggle life, a ruthless way to get info about the horcruxes, and politics. And microwave dinners.

8. Barzûl

Hmm... I'm going to give it another shot then. Thank you for your answers.