1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Unvote

/10char

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Good lord. Am I the only one that knows Taure is town?

Taure, if you cost us the game because this bone I'm throwing you, I'm going to be so freaking mad, you don't even know

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

And I'm not a God, don't mistake peoples' attitudes concerning me. Everyone else has been stating they would think I'm a spectacular player etc. if I'm scum because of the way I've been playing + how lucky I'd have gotten this game. None of that holds true if I'm town, so those compliments don't hold anyways

---------- Post automerged at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

You know what's sad? I genuinely was ready to support the mislynch just so you didn't throw the game. THAT'S why I was disappointed in you by-the-by

---------- Post automerged at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Wait never mind.

This is awkward.

Taure is confirmed town basically, and we have to mislynch him.

Gotta love this situation.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

And there it is. Thanks for making me feel better, Taure.

If you thought Citrus was a witch to the point that you typed all of those TL;DRs earlier, you're trying to get him lynched today. In the world that you're actually the judge and Citrus is scum, at that point he's all but certainly killing Newcomb tonight, and Cobalt is going to lynch you over Citrus tomorrow. You're a smart guy, you know that's how this ends. This is desperate self-preservation for a last chance soup, imo.

This is, again imo, very different from my self preservation two days ago because at that point we were working with way less (and, you know, because the guy that I panicked when we switched off of to me was scum just like I had been saying since before the end of D1), and there was plenty of time. If I had been wrong about Waco, then it would have been unfortunate, but it wasn't a game ending error. We had time. If you actually believe what you're saying about Citrus, you'd never switch off, because leaving him alive again is potentially a game ending error.

---------- Post automerged at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

What in the literal fuck are you on about Citrus?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Unless I completely and utterly misread the setup or something:

Taure claims he is Judge. If he is, let him Judge today.

If judge power goes off, we know he is town. If it doesn't go off, we know he is lying and lynch him tomorrow. 2 scum are dead (Kalas/Proph AND Waco), meaning if he's the last scum he gets one more night to try and soup for the win or we lynch him tomorrow.

If he's town he is escalated to town-firmed status by mechanics. Worst case is scum soup me and Taure tonight, meaning:

2 alive tomorrow. Aka we lose if we mislynch today.

So we have to lynch correctly today.

This breaks down everything to the following:
    IF we lynch outside me and Taure, that's the final lynch of the game.
    IF we lynch inside me and Taure, we get one more shot tomorrow UNLESS Newcomb is scum.

SO. We have to decide the following:

A) Is Newcomb town or scum? If scum we lynch Newcomb.
    B) Who of me and Taure do we want to lynch.
    C) Who is getting lynched tomorrow.

A: I am willing to bet the game Newcomb is town, and just feel like shit if he turns out to be scum. I don't think he could have made ALL of his genuine reactions as scum as well as he did this game. I'm willing to thus call Newcomb town for the game.

B: We have 3 options here. We lynch Taure, we lynch me, we no lynch to let Judge hit.
    Lynching me is strictly worse than judge-lynching, so this narrows down to JUDGELYNCH CITRUS or LYNCH TAURE. Most likely the other of us two is dying tonight. If we lynch Taure, the vigilante DOES get a shot or not which gives us information on Prophylaxis. However, the vigilante probably should not shoot in my opinion.

Thus, I think LYNCH TAURE is best but NO LYNCH is also an acceptable option.

C: Who dies out of Cobalt/Typhon. I think Typhon is the witch of the two. We need to probably decide this today before we lose another 2 town players (in the event the game continues).

tl;dr

A: Is Newcomb scum? [I say no]
    B: Do we no lynch or lynch Taure? [I say lynch Taure]
    C: Who is scum, Cobalt or Typhon, if it comes to it? [I say scum!Typhon]

Bam. That's the ballgame

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

This only is happening because Taure claimed a town-firmable role.

Also, if the real judge is alive and it's not Taure, we win whether we no lynch or lynch Taure.

But obviously if the real judge is alive and it's not Taure, go ahead and cc. We no lynch and Judge hammers in the victory.

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Somebody tell me I fucked up the logic in that post somewhere, because I'm dumbfounded that noone INCLUDING TAURE realized that.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is the part I'm not following. You're saying it's the final lynch because soup would lead to scum victory?

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yes, that is correct taure

Wait I think I messed up there, is that why you pointed it out?

6. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Oh, wait, I see. You're assuming the both of us die to soup, plus a mislynch today, so 3 town players dead by tomorrow, leaving 1 scum 1 town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I was misreading "2 alive tomorrow" as "two scum alive tomorrow" and wasn't seeing where it was coming from.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

We lynch outside me and taure - say typhon. If he is town, 4 alive. We get souped, final 2 with Newcombe.

So we can lynch outside Us!

---------- Post automerged at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Newcomb can have the panda pound the final scum into submission if he is town.

So best move today is: no lynch, taure judges, tomorrow team Newcomb wins if it is still going

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

You know, just saying, I think this all indicates koalas was town and that's why Newcomb didn't die N1. N2 was a priest kill and N3 was a town firm priest check kill.

Fits why he hasn't been killed yet.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Umm...

Putting aside the fact that scum!Taure could go for the big soup tonight for the win after we no lynch, which makes me uncomfortable enough, let's think about this.

All scenarios assume town!Taure and town!Citrus.

1a. We let him judge. He judges me. You two get souped. In this scenario, Cobalt is last scum. Cobalt takes a guess on Newcomb's role. Probably sitting at a 50/50 shot at that point, with the roles that are out.

1b. We let him judge. He judges me. You two get souped. Newcomb is the last scum, gg. He doesn't even have to soup outside of the safety zone. Demon mayor Newcomb enters DLPmafia lore.

2a. Taure judges you. Only he gets souped. Goes to a final 3. Me, Cobalt, Newcomb. Cobalt is scum. It's a game of me vs. Cobalt to get Newcomb to vote for the other, with town in danger because Newcomb admittedly leans me.

2b. Taure judges you. Only he gets souped. Goes to a final 3. Me, Cobalt, Newcomb. Newcomb is scum. We lose. See 1b.

3a. Taure judges Newcomb. You and Taure get souped. Final 2 me and Cobalt. Cobalt is scum. We lose.

3b. Newcomb is scum. We win.

4. Taure judges himself. You get souped. Final 3 scenarios still occur as before in 2a and 2b.

5a. Taure judges Cobalt. You two get souped. Newcomb is scum. We lose.

5b. Cobalt is scum, we win.

I hate those odds, tbh. The judge lynch is literally going to decide the game or delay things enough to give Taure one last hail mary if he is scum. I don't think we can treat this differently. Taure is clever enoght to know (or had access to more experienced partners who could point out) that in this situation the Judge is the perfect role to claim because it would lead to this exact situation.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Kalas*

Evidently autocorrect thinks he is lump's cousin

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Typhon, didn't taure have the same opportunity to soup yesterday?

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

I don't see the danger in no lynching since we were in the same soup position in scum taure worlds last night

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Argh. I really didn't want to have to do this, but I can't let you guys adopt a plan based on a faulty premise.

You can't go for no lynch.

I am not the judge.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Holy shit you almost made the judge claim

---------- Post automerged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

VOTE: TAURE

Kill it with fire.

Do not talk any more. We are in real danger of soup.

Taure, if you're town, I hate you.

12. Skeletaure

High Score:
    You guys had already stated multiple times that people shouldn't claim in response to my claim (I initially floated the threat of claiming in response to lynch yesterday). Further, everyone by this stage knows not to claim.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

do NOT post anything except for your vote. Please speed-hammer. This is not a drill.

Newcomb
    Cobalt
    Typhon

I repeat, this is not a drill.

---------- Post automerged at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Unvote
    Vote: Definitely Not Taure

Remember everyone, if it's unanimous night can potentially end early I think, so please ask for it if you're not a jerk.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

[​IMG]

WHAT IN THE LITERAL FUCK WHY? CAN I PLEASE GET TITUS AND MATHBLADE IN HERE SO I CAN UNDERSTAND THIS GAME?

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Also maybe I'm alone here, but I'm abhorring the way Citrus is trying to rush this. If Taure is scum and Citrus is not, literally his only partner could be Cobalt. If they rehearsed their interactions I'll be shocked. If Taure is last scum, there is no danger of soup. I'm think we take a little time to consider this, guys. @Taure, assuming you're town, please for the love of God don't self hammer. Don't know why you would but this fucking game twists logical people into... I don't even fucking know.

---------- Post automerged at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

To be clear, there should be absolutely no mechanical speculation period.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because I don't want people crumbing roles on accident or anything along those lines.

Also

Why fixate on me wanting to hurry up on the lynch, mention cobalt might be scum, then not mention him wanting the hammer to drop at all?

Also it's not possible for Taure to have a partner because 2 scum are dead already

16. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I had assumed no one would tell the judge to claim. Since, you know, we had said that repeatedly and it was town consensus.

*Stares at Citrus*

Agreed that Citrus going for the immediate hardlynch is odd though. He doesn't seem to believe I'm scum (he said above he knows I'm town, not he thinks I'm town), and if he's town he knows that he's not scum. That gives him a 1/3 chance of winning the game right now if he lynches one of Typhon, Newcomb and Cobalt. And since Newcomb and Cobalt are such strong town, if Citrus believes me to be town, he should really be pushing for a Typhon lynch for an instant win.

The fact that he's not doing this is leading me right back into Witch!Citrus territory.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I knew you were town because you were supposed to be judge.

Stop talking, because if you're town you're going to get people souped because you wanted to be a drama queen.

18. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Everything was going fine until you posted telling the judge to out themselves.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

*claims a confirmable role*
    *gets mad when other players ask for a counter-claim when that would cause an auto-win for town*

You're insufferable. Die.

20. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I had assumed that no one would be insane enough to call for a no-lynch at this stage of the game to confirm a role of someone who you were all convinced was scum.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Incidentally, that is the correct way to retract a fakeclaim.

If I had done this the Citrus way, I would have doubled down on the claim and let you all vote for no lynch.