1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Waco - I had You-Priest, Fonti-Aco as a possible world very very early on D2 (You can see it in #QT #37, #38 (It's meant to read as Waco/Fonti), #51, #54, #58. #68, #69 and #70.). I also had another world being you two being partners and defending each other, the fact that you softed an oracle Miner-Town result at one point made me think the latter was more plausible than the earlier one. I pretty much had two worlds coming into D2, 1) D1 was S/S wagons and Math is scum or 2) D1 was S/T wagons and you were mafia. I genuinely never town read Math a single time while being in the game ftr.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

lol I am sorry to Q :(

I promise I had been practicing a lot off DLP this was just brutal.

Usually I have perfect scum games...This was well a perfect disaster.

I didn't realize site meta had changed to include fake crumbs...I just sucked.

That and my phone autocorrecting the damn slip and I didn't notice and an RL thing that pissed me off that occurred right around when Fonti's change in me occurred.

I feel bad for Miner and Q. Can I has Town MVP as scum? :(

On the good side still have a good percentage of perfect scum games...Just this was a perfect disaster :/

---------- Post automerged at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Good work Town!

---------- Post automerged at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

The sad thing is I thought every person had crumbed something different than what they were like except Von :/

---------- Post automerged at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

I even cited posts for almost all of them...

:( My skills from BatMafia be gone :(

---------- Post automerged at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Because after my slip I was screwed and tried to get a CC so you would get an extra townie out of it since you were townread and you would then be able to get who the DOB shot and claim their role.

Then no CC.

---------- Post automerged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Lynch Math's phone for scum claiming for them

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Congrats town! Was fun psuedo-keeping up with the thread

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Oh damn it I forgot Snowvon's queued action

Snowvon the Leeroy sacrifices himself to lynch Quiddity!

Game over town wins

Boop.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

:V

Better late than never.

6. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Except for how Mathblade never died. They turn up, use the Mod-leaked info to soup a scum victory.

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah that was a little embarrassing.

I've gotten lazily used to MU's automatic VCs and/or other people doing them for me when I mod.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Well, I wasn't right as to the 3d scum per say and probably made D3 more scary than it had to be, but I'm still fairly happy with this game. Feeling a definite sense of improvement over AYAW 4 anyways.
    miner11121 6-1 now ey? I'm still 100%! :D

/in to the next one!

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I loved reading every single one of Regfan's posts. Being able to dedicate yourself fully to this one mafia game and exude that much effort into posting and solving the game - all the while never losing motivation or drive to scumhunt - is something I want to aspire for in my own play.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Just do what I did with Newcomb and bully him into mentoring you.

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

Him being Regfan, that is.

Newcomb is mine.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

1. Maintain high energy
    2. Don't be low energy

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Aw, the reason I wasn't in obs was that I wanted to be unspoiled! This was a fun read though. gg everyone!

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Waco, I had you and Fonti figured out sometime D2, I'm sure Regfan did as well.

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Jarizok What role causes an experienced player to play scummy, post weird wall reads that barely reflect the game state and is UNCONDITIONALY town read by another experienced player who should know better?

---------- Post automerged at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

@Math that was a deliberate pocket. You do care:)

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

Here's the thing guys.

A couple days before this game, I was asking font about how to play better as scum, because I feel like my first scumgame was a win more because town made mistakes than me playing at all well.

And uh yeah.... she nailed me.

I am sorry to Q about fucking around at EOD.

So like WP to her.

I don't know what happened to soup N2, and I'm a little stressed right now about a stupid college rec letter, so I can't go through the thread, but I hope everyone had fun!

Thanks Newcomb for hosting, hope there's another one coming along.

15. Jarizok

Koalas Yes well... oops? Besides, I thought Fonti was the friggin priest so I'd hardly think Waco would be! My D2&D3 weren't great but mehhh. We won 10-0, no biggy.

---------- Post automerged at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Fonti has unshakable reads for unfathomable reasons all the time. She can't be the Acolyte every time.

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh it's not a big thing. It took me way too long in retrospect to clue in. The clue was more Waco's bizarre play and Fonti making up flimsy reasons for townreading him for it. Read her qt, if Waco wasn't mod confirmed she'd probably be voting for him and that mindset showed in her postings.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Finally can actually look at this - always like to read QTs, and throughly enjoyed the game. Thanks as always to Snow for having the best QT.

On another note, I'm sure Eido is going to tell me all of the ways I was shit now, but feel free to pile on - making a concerted effort to play more/improve my play, and I thought this was a decent step (super townread, managed to misdirect people on my role, did the whole activity thing, pretty decent reads although I had a massive Q sized blindspots after D1) but also acknowledge I have a good ways left to go. Advice is appreciated if you guys are feeling it.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

It got kinda obvious at EoD2. It was part of the reason I had Jaro/HF at the bottom of my list D3, because I figured others should have figured it out. Then Von had his question to Fonti mid D3, and I'm like, maybe not then.

FWIW, I would have played D1 the same regardless of my role there. You'll probably see a lot more of this version of me in the future. It's too difficult for me to play my many posts game with the time restrictions I have

---------- Post automerged at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Like I legitimately don't understand why I wasn't at least lean town after D1. Much less by early D2 when it was obvious Math had made the soup.

---------- Post automerged at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Reg's D1 case on me, I thought was clearly flawed to the eyes of anyone who's actually seen me play before

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I was impressed with your play, Typhon. I think you've really improved.

Waco, you were in a game where basically everyone except Math and Miner seemed town for sole reason or another. At that point it's not about looking town but about looking /more/ town.

20. Jarizok

Finally got around to reading the QTs. Especially enjoyed the Obs QT. Looks like you guys had fun in there. Props to Miner for making you all doubt everything at all times :D

---------- Post automerged at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

Also The Waco Kid you were just so different from HP mafia... Once it was clear scum were bussing each other hard your pushing of Math wasn't worth much of anything anymore. Besides, most all of us pushed both Miner and Math at some point. You were never the most vocal so you never got sll that much cred.