1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Already said but

Don't think shadow would orchestrate that, but he could effectively go along with it if waco did.
    Don't really know scumwaco.

Looks w/v on the surface though
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm sort of coming to gemma being a tier above waco/fonti, and I don't actually know why...
    --- Post automerged ---
    They both have more memorable interactions with pushing shadow
    But I guess that's why. Gemma just kinda, lynched him without making it a whole big thing
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jan/newc
    Cobalt/vaimes
    Gemma
    Waco fonti
    Jari
    DC Stan asmo
    Shadow
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh it didn't space out right...

Moving jari up because I think he's less likely aligned with DC and thug. Just sort of doesn't make sense for worldbuilding.
    That's a weak reason but I'm cool with it in this context
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well cool that's much more sorted.

Gonna leave this here
    Vote shadow
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think votal is currently
    Shadow (2): Newcomb, Tom
    Newcomb (2): shadow, lump
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]
    Still think we should have given me the panda.
    I'd have taught it to be nice.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Yes, and then it would have been horribly murdered. :v

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Yes, you got me, I am constructing contingencies for in case a second lump appears out of nowhere and you are elected for it and also my alignment changes. Curse my loose lips!

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Holy shit. This phase was a firecracker to read.
    I read enough to be familiar with the game today, which was about the first fifth of D1 (Amrock tell Shmamrock tell, fight me), then thought I'd check in and vote dC (who everyone is probably wrong about, more on this after the claim debacle resolves itself) instead of continuing to miss out on the action. Then I read this phase in its entirety and maaan I probably shouldn't have even bothered with the rest of it all.
    Either way, I re-downloaded tapatalk on my phone so I should be available to talk in real time whenever people get on, and I'll carry on reading D1 until I finish forming my thoughts on all the rest of you.

Just from this phase, I'm inclined to believe Newcomb over Shadow (inb4 everyone who went to great pains to paint me as his partner yelling "HE'S BUSSING OH EM GEE". again, kindly fight me). I have tons of mechanical questions, but those should resolve themselves shortly.

Semi-unrelated: You'll all have to forgive me for taking my time in joining you. I keep underestimating my schedule, but a large part of why I agreed to join this game is that the phases are long by my standards (I'm used to 48/24) so I know I'll have time to get caught up well before EoD today.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Going back to this one from right before eod: (recolored)
    Lynch
    Shadow (4): Gemma, Stanari, Jarizok, dC
    Jarizok (7): Fontisian, Vaimes, Jan, Newcomb, Shadow, Asmo, Waco
    Waco
    (1): Cobalt
    dC (1): Tom

The shadow wagon here has the two people I've found scummiest behaviorally itg (DC and stan).
    But, like...
    If they're both scum that means both shadows buddies tried to bus him with 3 minutes left and failed.
    Which seems unlikely to me.
    So it's probably 1, or maybe even 0, on that wagon.

On jari, asmo obviously.
    But waco and fonti are both there when it really mattered here, which is notable when part of their towndentity is unalignment with shadow.

Not doing anything with that thought yet. Find them both townie. But it happened

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

hi

haven’t been sleeping well the past couple days >_>

I’ll be back when I’m feeling a bit better (few hours)

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hey Asmodeus! You should join Vaimes and tom in the "why is dC scum" fight

By that I mean, explain your read on me and you better make it good :v

Bonus points if you do it before reading what they said about it

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh hi asmo.

Good luck

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Well, aside from this phase (which pinged me all sorts of wrong ways with the repeated rolefishing and feigned innocence), this is my thought process on you from early D1:
    DC - #84 and previous posts about playstyle seem natural/genuine, town lean. #98 thought process on lump, liking DC. #112-113 interesting interaction with Tom, seems sorta scripted and it's posted 1minute apart... #115 odd mindset to have, a conscious decision to replicate their own style. #118 really easy post, but noteworthy for creating an unnecessary response to make a ..joke? starting to get the feel that this "easygoing style?" may not be so natural anymore. #124 another easy shadepost. #149 what do you hope to gain from this, asking Jari "do you find it all odd that her behavior is significantly different from Mal's"? #154's simplification "agree/disagree" still doesn't make sense as a question that leads to any solution-oriented answer. --aside:Font, Jari, Waco all commented on #149 being an odd question-- #163 jokingly responds to silver's "don't garcia" question, then responds to tom's answer with "cool, thanks" (still a joke, right?) but then actually responds (#171) to fonti's line of questioning with what seems like a serious (bullshit?) answer "partly Jari not trying to keep options open//you asking me this question" tempered with a reassurance to fonti? Susflags rising. #173 maan this seems like a really contrived answer to a three word question that developed from a joke.

I realize that's a bit hard to read, but suffice it to say I liked you at first and you steadily went downhill. Then I fast forwarded to this phase and found you fishing and and making consistently odd posts. Not 100% sure you're scum, but suffice it to say I have a hard time seeing why you'd make a few too many posts of the posts you've made if you were town. Still, don't worry too much, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt until I finish reading.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thanks, I suppose?

Do you mind clarifying for me something I'm curious about? Why maintain a solitary vote off-wagon through EoD, for both lynch and lump? What were you hoping to achieve from that?
    --- Post automerged ---
    ...heh, or what? Fight. Me. ;)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, @tom , since you keep mentioning it: What would I have to gain, as wolf, by redirecting the lynch onto Jari (presumed innocent, for the sake of argument), and redirecting the lump onto "my partner Shadow"?

Think about it logically. As wolf, I'd essentially be taking the biggest wolf!advantage of a no-flip setup and handing it away by giving town the identity of scum the moment I lumped Shadow. It'd be a lot more rational for wolf!me to lynch Shadow and Lump Jari. I'd be down a "partner", sure, but nobody would know that (except for Oracle, who'd be sacrificing their life if they spilled the beans). The *worst* part of that is that Jari would be softcleared by absence of a claim against him, but town would be left with a hell of a lot less info than we have now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That said, it's 4:47AM and I have to be up in less than 5 hours. I'll check back in after work.

Peace.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Geez, slow down! We've already got a lynch lined up for today, so you'll have to wait your turn.

(More seriously: Or I'm gonna assume you're just pushing for an opportunistic mislynch and run you over.

Jury's still out on this until you're done, though. Your current offering is...questionable given that "cool, thanks" was only SORT of a joke and the resulting conversation did have an actual purpose and you'd probably understand that if you'd paid sufficient attention to the context, but passable for now)

PREVIEW EDIT: tom please hurry up and reply to that I don't want to garcia you but also I want to yell about it :v

12. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

There’s only a few possible options here.

A. Newcomb is scum, stanari or Jari were the acolyte and the real priest hasn’t claimed yet.
    B. Newcomb is Priest, and is so overconfident in himself that he checked someone else and is just going to push me to death anyway.
    C. Newcomb is acolyte pulling off a gamble because stanari (or Jari but not likely) was the Priest.
    D. Newcomb is acolyte pulling off an even riskier gamble because the actual priest is alive and can’t signal him to stop without serious risk of outing themselves.

I don’t really think A is likely, and even if it is the case, they’ll speak up by the end of the phase anyway and we’ll go from there.

Unvote

Newcomb, anytime you want to stop this bull crap I’m down.

Jan
  13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Probably not shadow's witchbuddy. I also started townreading her with minimal second-guessing (!) for this post:
    Feels more like a lazy/laid-back town!font thing than a "my buddy is scumfirmed time for damage control" scum!font. Plus it was funny.

Part of me thinks that if she were shadow's buddy, she'd probably have made more of an effort to look unaligned. Blah blah hunts bussing bad, it's kind of a "writing on the wal" thing where shadow is sinking so like..go big or go home.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Who is "everyone"?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You forgot the second unvote :V
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd have Waco above Gemma, but otherwise that's a sexy rainbow.

14. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

unvote

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

((it's not a Real Thing, to be clear; the Lump vote can't be split. just wanted to maintain the joke of panda participation))
    --- Post automerged ---
    also you should tell us your real role :V

I'm curious

16. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Still the gambler, I’m not a liar.

17. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

It's D for sure. glgl with soup <3

Pretty sure I got the signal right though; my Priest spelled out SHADOW IS A WITCH with the second letter of every fifth sentence of every post starting with a prime number, so like. I think I'm good.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

>Gambler
    >picked even
    >lynchallliars.jpg
    --- Post automerged ---
    hey Newcomb, how long have you been waiting to steal Eido's post :V

be honest now

19. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

It wasn’t my call, still not a liar.

Frustratedpanda.gif

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

It was a spur of the moment thing, honestly.

I have an admittedly irrational love of copypasta and thought it was appropriate, given game/role/playerlist.