1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tips and Tricks to Improving Your Game

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Evan Tide, May 10, 2012.

1. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Yea, pushing lanes is for people who can do it safely and quickly. Mordekaiser (based on speed alone and with proper wards), Gragas, Diana, Oriana, Zyra, etc. are champs who can quickly clear a lane and force the opponent to lose cs to the tower if they ever leave.

2. redshell

redshell Order Member

Yes and no. If all lanes are doing well then there isn't really a need to gank, which means the only source of experience is those jungle creeps. Counter-jungling can be worthwhile, but is also dangerous for the exact reason that you haven't ganked; the other team is behind.

Personally, as a jungler, I don't mind if my wolves or wraiths are taken, but at the same time, with the current state of jungle, it's become a sort of gank-or-fall-behind thing, because second blue buff and on go to mid if they're alive to take it, sometimes the ADC if mid is dead. Second red buff and on are taken by either top or ADC, which leaves the neutral creep camps for me in jungle. But wait, mid/top/adc wants to farm my creep camps? Okay, that's cool. Then I get yelled at for farming in lane because I can't farm anywhere else. Okay, that's cool. Now I'm getting yelled at for being level 16 when even our support is 17 or 18.

You can't fucking have your cake and eat it too. This is why I fucking loathe metagame. Before anyone tells me to get GP/5 items, guess what? All the gold in the world doesn't give me any experience.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I did list several times you shouldn't take their camps, and one of them is when jungler is nearby. The thing is, wraith camps respawn every 50 seconds. Unless the jungler is not ganking at all, he simply will not be taking all those camps. Also, it's generally best to wait till the jungler is at least level 6 first before taking his camps (unless you know for sure he won't be around anytime soon). Slowing your jungler down from the height of their ganking powers is usually just stupid ^^

When I called out about rubbish junglers, I'm talking about the ones that are ganking on the other side of the map, and sends retreat signals to allies taking his jungle camps. You won't really find those at higher elos, but I know for a fact some bad junglers do that.

4. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

I disagree. Pushing isn't just for the fast wave clearers. If you're one of the champs that can't push well, you need to autoattack while keeping up your last hits.

Otherwise you'll get pushed to your tower and unable to respond to the enemy roaming.

Constantly pushing by autoattacking more than necessary forces the enemy to stay near the lane.

And yes, it leaves you vulnerable to ganks, overextending. Hence why I mentioned map awareness and experience would help you there.

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

There is a BIG difference between controlling the location of minion creeps so that it doesn't push to your tower, and PUSHING your lane.

There are times when pushing would be a good choice, but there are too many variables to just combine together and call it "experience." Without clearly showing those, it'd be far safer to farm without pushing. I personally think it'd be easier to point out times when you CAN push rather than times you shouldn't push.

Edit: (That'd actually be a pretty cool list to start)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

That'd still be ridiculously hard to do since it's all variable on team comp, ward locations, champs, and summoners.

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The only way I ever push waves is with abilities. Autoattack push waves is slow, dangerous, and almost always overextends you. If you are pushing correctly, you take out the back wave first, which probably means unless you have large range abilities, you are either entering "the danger zone" or are already in it.

See: why Mordekaiser is so susceptible to ganks.