1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    The pallet landed on the arch of the foot, thankfully, not the toes.

2. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    String it out a little longer, then you can segue seamlessly into book 3 on Nov. 14th.

---

TOMD: Today was a trial by fire in the form of learning to drive a 14-passenger van, something I've previously avoided because they look like an accident waiting to happen.

I was out in New Jersey at the range, and the driver who drove down there decided to come tell me that he was going to carpool home with some other people, socouldIpleasedriveback, kthanksbye. (He thrusts the keys into my hands and promptly vanishes.)

Cue getting a feel for this monstrosity of a vehicle as I'm in the process of driving it, on the Jersey Turnpike, no less. Verdict: Engine is crap, steering is crap, visibility is crap, otherwise not difficult.

Tl;dr: Fuck that dude.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd find his mailing address, shit in a box and mail it to him.

TOMD spent all day in the doctor. They apparently give you pain medication for nonstop coughing. It's nice not feeling like I'm pushing razor blades down the back of my esophagus.

4. The Waco Kid

The Waco Kid Seventh Year

Nice, am starting up with IHG and Hertz, next weekend. Looking to take advantage of the IHG accelerate program to rack up the points.

TOMYesterday: Took a hand to the face yesterday at pickup ultimate, and now have an interesting scab just next to my left eye right near where the nose meets the bone above the eye

5. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: An old friend of mine has been getting into writing/sketch comedy, so I've been lending him a hand. One of the first videos just went live. You may recognise a familiar handsome fellow in there:

...it's me. I'm the handsome fellow.

6. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

So here's the recent history of the world as I know it.
    • 1990 - Jay Leno is known to the average American as the guy who advertises Jumpin' Jack Cheese Doritos.
    • ???? - Jumpin' Jack Cheese Doritos are discontinued.
    • 1992 - Jay Leno becomes the host of The Tonight Show.
    • 2014 - Jay Leno retires (again) from The Tonight Show.
    • 2017 - Jumpin' Jack Cheese Doritos come out of retirement.
    And I don't even really like Doritos.

Oz
  7. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

There's a really funny Indian Silent movie named "Pushpak" which has that exact scene. Except that he hands it over to the guy, doesn't mail it.

TOMD: Met roll number 39 from my high school class after a decade. I was roll number 38.

8. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh?

9. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

We were assigned roll numbers in our classes back in high school. Each year would be divided into three sections, and once you were partitioned in sixth grade, you were stuck with that roll number in your section till you graduated. This made no difference in everyday life until you got to exam time. Our school would always seat us in the same order: according to our roll numbers. I got pretty chummy with the guy who sat behind me. I was roll number 38, he was 39.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. Ludwig

Ludwig Second Year

High Score:
    Managed to hurt my back whilst I was brushing my teeth this morning. Couldn't leave my bed, even breathing hurt sometimes. Glad my sister is around to take care of me, thankfully the pain has started to fade.

11. Teyrn

Teyrn Groundskeeper

TomD: Got a second SSD for my computer, since it was on sale.

I have no regrets so far. More Speed!

12. Zombie

High Score:
    Considering going into the bottled water business. I'm 824 miles from Florida and there isn't a single case of water in any store in town.

13. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: I'm back studying, about 0.75 full time. An MBA at the University of Western Australia. I went in and applied just for a Grad. Diploma in some analysis and leadership stuff, but the girl in admissions was pretty and funny and her name was Anastasia, she touched my arm while explaining how awesome the full Masters was, and I ended up spending $35,000. They saw me coming a mile away.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: Watched two movies. Gran Torino was great, if nothing revolutionary. Stasis (2016 movie, some indy sci-fi thing on Netflix) was bad. Not even hilarious bad, just boring bad. Eh.

I have night shift in 8 hours and I really don't wanna go. Hoping I'll get a call that they found a replacement, but I'm not holding my breath. Fuck meeeeeeeeeee

15. BTT

BTT Order Member

TOMD: Went diving in a big indoor pool. Was actually a really good time. I've gone diving indoors before in Nemo 33 (so named because it was 33°C and 33 meters deep) but I preferred this one, because it had shitloads of freshwater fish, much clearer water and more to see in it, and it loaned equipment for fairly cheap.

Also TIL that one of the fish there, known as the black pacu/tambaqui, is also known as the "nutcracker" because of its remarkably human-like teeth, which they apparently like to bite testicles with.

16. Zombie

High Score:
    The swimming pool has fish in it? Was it a saltwater pool?

17. Teyrn

Teyrn Groundskeeper

He specified they were freshwater fish tho...

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

... I'm so baffled by that whole post. Indoor diving pool... with fish in it?

19. Teyrn

Teyrn Groundskeeper

I'm guessing it's one of those big indoor aquarium's where you get to snorkel, scuba, etc.

20. BTT

BTT Order Member

Freshwater fish.

Think of it as basically a huge aquarium you get to dive in, if that helps. To keep it clean they give you equipment for diving/freediving/snorkeling or whatever.