1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: Revising On an Island in the Sun. Can't believe how much crap I shoveled into the opening of that one-shot, and since I'm now writing the sequel, I figured it was as good a time as any to clean up the original and add in some missing scenes.

2. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

TOMD: years after the initial Conflict, my mother has finally gotten me to let her take a picture.

TOMD 2: this picture also included all nine of my siblings (three of whom flew/drove in from out of state), two in-laws (one never-before-seen sister-in-law who is now attempting to earn literal brownie points with oreo-brownie-cupcakes), and four niblings.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do you have a recipe?

4. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

5. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

TOMD: Got 1.9 standard deviations above the mean for my Algorithms midterm. I never do badly per say, but this is the first time I do quite that well on one of my core classes.

This semester is shaping up to be my best one yet by a landslide.

6. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

TOMD:

My writing standard has yet again improved. The words in my signature constitute perhaps the strongest prose I have written yet.

Oz
  7. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just wanted to quote it here for reference incase someone else couldn't see it. That's masterfully done, sir. Gg.

8. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Fourth Year

High Score:
    It's kinda ruined when you quote it , the word just jumps at your eyes

edit : words

9. Paladin

Paladin Second Year

High Score:
    Excited for this week. I have a BBQ competition tomorrow night and all day Thursday, and then Saturday is the meet-and-greet first session for a Dungeons and Dragons group, and then I've got a date on Sunday.

10. Ludwig

Ludwig Second Year

High Score:
    I have to finish some tests to get my drivers license but I'm too lazy to go. I hate driving too, so I'm even less motivated.

Edit: Who's in charge of Name Request Changes?

11. Zenzao

High Score:
  12. Ludwig

Ludwig Second Year

High Score:
  13. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Go on IRC and ask one of the Administrators.

14. Zenzao

High Score:
    So far as I know then the staff either missed you or deemed the request unreasonable, which has happened before. As Darth Revan says ask on IRC.

15. Ludwig

Ludwig Second Year

High Score:
    I'll get on it later, thanks for the advice.

16. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: After three weeks of administrative idiocy, finally managed to open a new bank account. I'd decided that I wanted a local bank after years of banking with the one I had since I was kid.

Topical point: Harder than buying a gun. Just saying.

17. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:

Additionally, trying to withdraw more money than the bank has on hand is like pulling teeth. They flip all kinds of shit. I do it every once in awhile because I enjoy watching them struggle and then go open another account in a competing bank.

Fun Fact, withdraw enough and SBI will show up and ask you if you're under duress or paying a ransom. Thought that shit was just happened on TV until it happened to me.

18. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Fourth Year

High Score:
    I skipped on some classes today because i'm sick , still gonna go to math because fuck that shit's important

edit : words are ahrd

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  19. Arthellion

Arthellion Professor

High Score:
    TOMD: Georgia offers the HOPE Scholarship for students attending College. Keeping your GPA above a 3.0 means that the scholarship funds 90% of your tuition and fees. Get a call yesterday that because it has been over seven years since I graduated Highschool I am no longer eligible for HOPE. Bit of a downer, but thats the law.

The issue? My University gave me HOPE this semester already. They did not check to see if Students were ineligible before awarding that amount. They awarded this over a month ago and it has been reimbursed into our accounts already. They are asking for nearly 3000 back from the students despite it being an administrative error of not checking the ineligible database before awarding the amount to students.

Have a meeting with the dude in charge of financial aid this afternoon. Got my fighting gloves on. WIsh me luck.

20. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

Not entirely sure where this would go, so I'll throw it here - http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/asia/harry-potter-wasp-lusius-malfoyi-lucius-malfoy/

Thing of every day: Fuck nursing school. I could fill pages with the bullshit going on, but instead of typing that out I'm going to work on my 30 page care plan before the mandatory Board of Nursing meeting and BMI Testing Instruction tomorrow, then the Calculations Test and hour long travel out to an elementary school to test BMI in children the next day.

Everyone in the program is on the edge of failing, as they've reworked the grading system so 76% is a D, and I know of 8 people that are thinking of dropping out. The only people that aren't depressed and hating life right now are the group that teamed up to buy nursing school test banks to use on the exams.

Back to acute kidney injuries.