1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Death Eater

Words turn today. Perhaps the proudest achievement of my WiP so far:

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

Just watched the whackiest film I'm seen in a while - Kung Fu Yoga, with Jackie Chan.

It's not exactly great, or particularly subtle, but it's Jackie Chan hitting people, screaming, and CGI animals.

And it finishes on a big dance number (semi-spoilers, I guess, if you watch it?)

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    We must make "conducting humongous business" the new "going #2".

4. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

No offense to Eilyfe, but I just came from The Magicians, and "divine elimination" rings much snarkier.

Ember: I’m leaving. I’m going. I just had one or two things to do. Mainly number two. I have … befouled the wellspring.
    The Beast: Pardon me?
    Ember: I have left my divine elimination in the fount of all magic. And it’s a stinker. I really hope you weren’t planning to drink from it, it’s hardly potable.
    The Beast: You … you what?!
    Ember: Left my … leavings! A godly floater. Behind. In the wellspring.
    The Beast: …
    Ember: I pooped in it. Am I not making this very clear?

5. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Third Year

High Score:
    TOMD : Got into a fight today , punches and cheap shots and everything

Now usually i loath fighting with a passion but today my friend got into one and i had to help him .

All in all it was kinda fun .

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Back from my holiday in the States, had a great time. Although I could have done without the cancelled flight and 41 hour delay in actually getting there at the start of the holiday. But once I was actually there, it was great. So tired now...so tired.

7. Invictus

Invictus Heir

Sueeeee, sueeeeee.

8. 13thadaption

13thadaption Seventh Year DLP Supporter

TOMD: I got a free pizza. The pizza place somehow mixed up my order with someone else's, but I noticed before I went home with it so I got to keep that pizza and they remade mine. A bit of extra waiting, but worth it.

Free pizza was perfectly acceptable pepperoni if anyone was wondering. I'm going to have pizza for lunch all week.

9. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just got back from Thor 3. Haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a while.

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've already submitted the form for compensation, should pay for the flights which is pretty nice.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Y'all had to get revenge for the Christian schools somehow I guess.

12. Zombie

High Score:
    Huh? Don't get it.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

The universe is punishing us for destroying your culture by destroying our culture. It made sense at 4 this morning.

14. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Death Eater

Some morons have started listening to loud music right next to my window at the entrance to the building. They're loud, they drink, they annoy me.

I hate shit like that on principle, but those motherfuckers started this abominable revelry as I was getting in the swing of writing a nice scene. Imagine the wide sea, a galley cutting through the water, oars rising, a spray of icy water, the drum master pounding -- suddenly shitty, scratchy music from a mobile phone.

I can hear their fucking voices through the closed window.

Edit: praised be the powers of DLP. Five minutes after writing this post, they have left. Fuckers. Now to get back into the writing groove.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  15. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

TOMD: Went to a Facebook production engineering info session and realized PE is all of the things I've most enjoyed about CS so far. Gonna go on the hunt to see if there's any places still looking for that as soon as I'm past this midterm.

Second TOMD: I helped my younger sister outline her essay on problems in the criminal justice system and now I kinda want to write it myself... Taking all techs is annoying sometimes. It's been over a year since I've written an essay... Might actually write this up over winter break. Would be nice to sit down and actually dig deep into these things.

16. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Death Eater

Got my second job at uni. Now I'm tutoring students in poetry analysis and help our professor for English literature with some projects of his. He said there were quite a few applicants, but he picked me immediately since he knows me -- yay for visiting seminars just for the fun of it and not for credit, is what I say to that.

The news couldn't have come at a better time. I had a crummy day all around; this gives me second wind. Also, I need the money. If all works out, I'm going to spend the second half of 2018 in Canada, brushing up on mu English skillz -- for which I need an exorbitant amount of cash. I took a look at the dorming costs on campus in Manitoba and almost fell unconscious. Perhaps I'll get a homestay option though. That would make many things easier.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Manitoba of all places should not Be expensive. You'll be able to find cheap accomodation if you don't have to stay on campus.

18. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Death Eater

The cheapest dorm, for the time I am staying, is about 7000 $, which is a staggering sum to me. There's nothing else included but a bed and shitty canteen food. The flight will be also quite expensive. But not to worry, I'm applying for stipends and stuff, and if I get a homestay then I'll manage. But I think living on campus is out.

19. Zombie

High Score:
    Look for a host family. Best thing to be honest. No point in paying campus price. You can interact just fine without living there.

20. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Got me a job in Canberra, the capital city of Australia. Applied months ago and all the psych evals and assessments/interviews and presentations, finally paid off. I start a week today. Time to stuff my life into one pack again - whisky bottle, towel, and a sock full of coins in case any fuckers come for my bottle.