1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Lindsey

Lindsey Order Member

I feel like the project i am working on is cursed. Bad things consistently happen to me when I am on it.

Not only did our heat die last week (finally fixed), my phone decided to completely crap out on me today. In addition, I feel like I am getting sick AND my GERD is flaring up, so I can't even go lay down unless I want to be in pain.

I've only been reassigned this project two weeks ago. Let's not get me started on the previous 8 month iterations which includes missing the eclipse, car battery dying while camping on a remote island, shittier weather, unable to take a vacation and more. Freaking awful project is cursed.

2. Garden

Garden Minister of Magic

Thing of my week/month

While my anatomy course in medical school (our first 2 months is all anatomy) was extremely tough and I didn't do all that well (passed but not quite a bit below average) the courses since then have been far more my strength. Scoring very well right now (probably around 90th percentile though I'm not positive about our distribution) and I've got enough free time to have a super active social life, read a bit when I'm free, and exercise. Life is pretty good.

Today I spent 3 hours reading fanfiction and trying some practice problems from a population genetics textbook. I've hung out with friends 2-3 nights a week for the last couple weeks. Life's in a good place right now.

If only I could find some time to get a chapter of my fic done..maybe I can work on it some this week.

3. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

About to sit a maths exam. The content is simple, and there are members here that could do it literally in their sleep but I've managed to get myself stressed about it regardless. I'm sitting on a Distinction, but a High Distinction is achieveable...if I score higher on this test than any previous tests.

On the other hand, if I bomb I fail the subject and won't be able to get into the course I want to do next year.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    2-3 cups of coffee + a benadryl tablet = 4 hours of clarity with a pleasant numbness that calms test stress and coffee jitters.

Unfortunately it also comes with the worst crash ever. Ever. EVER!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. CareOtters

CareOtters Headmaster DLP Supporter

TOMD: looking through my Amazon order history, I've bought 66 things in the past six months. 7 of them were not books.

That's 59 books from Amazon alone. Rookie numbers. Gotta pump those numbers up.

6. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Third Year

High Score:
    TOMD : We made Harrissa , think hot sauce but more of a paste ; lots of heat but a respectable taste , i've already (almost) finished the first jar .

7. awinarock

awinarock Alchemist

Went on a near 2 week self imposed exile into the deep woods to figure out why the hell I was feeling so blue and I finally figured it out. I'm an angry drug addled fuck that misses his brother (who went overseas to study medicine) and I don't have the balls to cry, even in the privacy of my own home.

So I went out, camped out, and cried as little and as much as I could. Got it out my system and feel better than ever.

Funny thing is, nihilism brought me back from the brink of despair after I realized that we're all just human and fallible, and nothing matters. So suck it Xiph0, you beautiful bastard.

TLDR; Everything's coming up Awinarock!

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Slug Club Member

This sounds like an ad for Harrissa. I like it already.

TomD: Got myself a date. I’ve been single for about 3 years now and haven’t dated at all in that time. Looking forward to it!

9. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Third Year

High Score:
    Maybe it is . Seriously tho it's great , specially the home made stuff .

Good luck on the date btw , more importantly have fun .

10. Miner

Miner Groundskeeper

First class of Harry Potter.

Already kind of triggered by the amount of people saying that house elves are like African Americans in the 19th Century.

Also apparently it was Mrs. Figg's duty to call British Social Services (?)

Send help.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Slug Club Member

I bet all of Dumbledore’s actions can be traced back to white male privilege.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM
  12. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Third Year

High Score:
    But elfes enjoy serving ? did you tell them that ?

13. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And Hermione is a repressed black woman.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Dude, if you don't take the opportunity to troll the class with fanfic tropes, I will be so fucking disappointed.

15. Miner

Miner Groundskeeper

Don't worry, the next words that'll come out of my mouth in that class will be: "Did you know magical cores are real?!?"

16. Zombie

High Score:
    Do you think they would get it? Do you assume the others in the class read fanfiction?

17. Miner

Miner Groundskeeper

Our professor definitely does, considering our final paper has a part where you're supposed to write a fanfic of a novel we read in class.

18. Zombie

High Score:
    Do you pay money to attend this class? Because I'd ask for a refund.

19. Miner

Miner Groundskeeper

Its part of a general English requirement from the university. I'd rather take this than something more related to my major because I don't think I want an engineer teaching me a general writing requirement.

20. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

Just got out of a six hour round of Cards against Humanity. We got through the black cards of all six expansions and had quite a bit of fun.