1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. CareOtters

CareOtters Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

1) Assume she noticed.
    2) Assume she's into it.
    3) ???
    4) Have consensual safe sex with the lights off and your clothes on.

2. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

... With your clothes on?

3. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

Your pants don't have resealable cockports? I think you kids call them "zips" today but cmon.

4. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

I mean, I know you could, I'm just not too sure why you'd prefer it that way. Unless you're doing it in a semi-public place of course, but that didn't seem to be the case from the 'lights off' part.

5. Ludwig

Ludwig Third Year

High Score:
    What's on the 14th?

Good luck as well, consensual safe clothed sex is the best.

6. TMD

TMD Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Valentine's Day

7. Ludwig

Ludwig Third Year

High Score:
    Oh, I didn't know that. In Brazil, Valentine's Day is somewhere around June.

8. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Death Eater

Go to the doctor. Flu - the real flu - is nothing to fuck with. Even today it still kills something like 0.5% of healthy adults. Get your ass to a clinic pronto.

also lol Eilyfe

9. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMYD: Went to a fundraiser for a candidate who I liked so much six months ago that I connected with a top notch consulting team who are arguably among the best in the business (nationally) at what they do. They were not hired. Instead the candidate hired a local yokel, whom I have cordially despised since our second interaction, to be campaign manager. The other senior staff are good friends of mine, so I accepted the invitation to the fundraiser just to see what horror god hath wrought.

It was dreadful, featuring a non-endorsement from a prominent elected official to kick off the evening before a Q&A session that I wish I'd thought to record so that I could blackmail the team into competence. On the plus side, I got to tell the campaign manager that the reason the campaign was not getting a max out donation from me was specifically the campaign manager hiring decision. I wish I had been able to record said CM's face when I said that.

10. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am highly amused by this turn of phrase.

That is all, I have nothing constructive to add.

11. pbluekan

pbluekan Professor DLP Supporter

But your location says Canada.

12. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Think they moved there for some teaching thing they talked about in this thread. Don't always be so suspicious.

13. Ludwig

Ludwig Third Year

High Score:
    I lived in Brazil for the first 19 years of my life, recently moved to Canada and am staying at a friend's house, he's helping me find my own house.

I'm attending George Brown soon, that's the reason I moved.

(Recently means less than a week ago, when I changed my location from Brazil to Canada on my profile, also changed profession to Student)

14. Invictus

Invictus Fourth Champion

Congrats! Moving permanently?

15. Hopper

Hopper Second Year

Congrats, Bienvenue au Canada!

16. Ludwig

Ludwig Third Year

High Score:
    Staying for 4 semesters, I really want to apply for a work permit after I'm done with college.

We'll see how it goes, I have to start working during the third semester as part of the program. Maybe that'll give me some connections to get a job after it's over.

(Also, how the fuck do I just quote a reply on mobile? It's either the full message with my quote or a single word)

Edit : Words are hard

17. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

Just hit me that this was the fourth week of classes and I haven't done much of anything. I've spent the past month going around in a daze, barely managing to turn in my assignments on time, and not really reading the supplementary material and starting test prep like I usually do.

Thing is, there's nothing that I can point to to say "yes, that's why I'm feeling off!". I feel engaged and interested when I go to class, but then I get home to do work and just sort of don't. I need some sort of drastic change and soon if I'm gonna get back on track before everything spirals out of control completely, but aren't really sure what to do since there's nothing explicitly wrong...

18. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    TOMD: Submitted my first official formal experimental report this morning. I can sleep now!

I also seem to be building up a worrying tolerance to caffeine as a side effect of being a uni student. I'd never even touched coffee before coming to university...

19. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, you know what that means right? You're immune to the caffeine boost that coffee gives you. You're going to need need to start doing concaine and lines of 100mg caffeine tablets.

Or you could just stop drinking it for a couple weeks, and let your body recover, and then it will be like your first sip all over again.

Coffee is a gateway drug, if you didn't know.

20. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Unspeakable DLP Supporter

TOMD: If they're going to keep having all this shitshow around the government shutting down occasionally, can't they let it stick for a few days and so I have a few free days off? Stop teasing me, you impotent twats.