1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. TMD

TMD Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Make sure you go glacier walking in Iceland. Walking (slipping and sliding) around smashing your surroundings with an pick axe is immensely therapeutic and satisfying.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: I play a mobile game set in the Dragon Age universe, Heroes of Dragon Age. The game's forum held a contest to design a new quest for the game, with huge prizes. Just found out that I won one of two first places they awarded (since they couldn't decide on just one). My idea will be added to the game. Cool.

3. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm competing in a simulation at uni where I'm in charge of every aspect of a global company, and am competing against fellow students. As of last night, I am rank 1 in the world out of 300+ universities and 30k finance and MBA students. There's a championship for winners by class/uni after the semester ends, and based on the last six or seven championship winners I'm 90% sure I'll win that one too. Feels pretty good.

I'm sorry to the people on irc who've had to listen to me talk about this competition incessantly for weeks.

4. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: "Face your fears," I said. "Watch the recommended vid of a guy watering his caged tarantulas," I said. 0:53... 9:21... I swear to heaven, if I dream about these fuckers tonight...

5. Sauce Bauss

Funny thing, I was just doing some reading about how pretty much all giant fantasy spiders came about because Tolkien got bit by a fuck-off big spider in his younger years. He insisted he wasn't afraid of spiders, but observe:

The Hobbit: Giant man eating spiders
    The Lord of the Rings: Even more giant, pseudo-divine monster spider who has filled an entire tunnel complex with her webs
    The Silmarillion: Eldritch horror spider who consumed the light of the world and nearly overwhelmed Morgoth, the mightiest of the Valar. He had to be saved by an army of balrogs, and even then she was only driven off, not killed.

I think I see a trend.

6. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's so weird, I was just reading about that somewhere too.

TOMw kids are sick. I'm getting sick. It's about to be a miserable week.

7. Sauce Bauss

Sick and tired of being sick and tired? I'm so original just kill me.

8. Zenzao

High Score:
    I read the same thing a couple of days ago(probably reddit) and yeah, that's definitely something.

Sorry to hear that, hope y'all get well quickly and with minimal suffering.

9. Sauce Bauss

And with seconds to spare, I have my 1000th post on my ten year anniversary on DLP. A full day of frantic shitposting to crown a long and happy relationship. Thanks for giving me the critical buffer post so I didn't get automerged, @Zenzao.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was probably from the post in the Funny Pictures thread last week.

11. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't believe for your 1000th post you're going to confess and get banned.

12. Zenzao

High Score:
    And there it is, yup. Though I do still think I saw it on either reddit or imgur around the same point(since I browse that pretty often for what I post on here).

[​IMG]

But nah, congrats on a decade, Sauce. Hope you and I and DLP are still around to celebrate twenty years.

13. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

Just had pigeons crap all over my beautifully washed clothes. Fucking pigeons. No wonder Americans defend the second amendment so shrilly.

14. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Like on your clothes line, or the ones you were wearing?

If it was the ones you were wearing, find them, follow them back home, and shit in their nest.

15. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Any chance you'd feel like elaborating on the simulation?

16. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

Thankfully clothesline. Had it been the clothes I was wearing I would have done unto them what Genghiz Fucking Khan did to the Arabs.

17. Palindrome

Palindrome A bigger, darker mark Moderator DLP Supporter

Ooh, neat. So what was your idea?

18. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    I designed the quest based on the best part of Dragon Age 2, Legacy DLC. To go into more detail would require familiarity with the game. The game is Heroes of Dragon Age if you're curious.

Very briefly, the game is about collecting heroes from DA lore to do battle in PVP and PVE. Quests are clusters of PVE battles, from 4 to 6 nodes. If you win all the battles in a quest, you get the prize. I based nodes in the quest after specific encounters in the Legacy DLC.

19. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

TOMD: Had a short but fun interaction with the girl manning the cashier at the cafe I got my lunch at yesterday, and woke up today to a LinkedIn connection request from her. Not sure what to make of it, if this was any other social media then it'd seem pretty straightforward, but LinkedIn?

Late reply, but that's not a bad point. I'm still not sure what I want to do so I'm gonna keep laying the groundwork so deadlines don't make the decision for me, but traveling afterwards with more money in my pockets and no classes to take up the bulk of my time does sound quite nice.

20. VanRopen

VanRopen Unspeakable

She wants the D... iverse network of connections required for employment in the modern day.