TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. CareOtters

CareOtters Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

TOMD: Bought like ten books in one go. Delicious. And the best part is that halfof them are the first in a series, so that gives me a valid reason to buy another twenty or so. Can't be having an incomplete series on my shelf. That's just bad manners.

2. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

TOMWeekend: Weighed in under 16 stone (224lbs) for the first time in over ten years on Friday, yesterday I ran a half marathon distance training run, and today I'm off to see Queen.

3. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cost of food is at minimum x3 to the customer. Tipping is not related to it at all. Other than the 10, 15, 20 percent suggest gratuity. I fucking hate the recipets that have it in there as a suggestion line of what I shoukd be giving.

4. Agent One

Agent One Seventh Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got to agree with Zombie here. If anything, he's probably low balling it. Go out for a meal to any restaurant and then make the same meal yourself at home. Even if you don't buy your ingredients in bulk, you still save quite a bit of money. If you buy your ingredients from scratch (Fresh meat instead of pre-cooked/frozen), you save even more. If you buy in bulk, use from scratch and can haggle at the farmers market, you'll probably never have to worry about the cost of food again.

Despite growing up in the UK, American TV kind of ruined me for tipping. Whenever I used to go out for a meal, I usually handed out a £20 for a £15 meal and said "Keep the change". Wasn't quite sure if that's how tips worked but I figures that was good enough. Eventually started splitting the bill with friends and they all laughed when I suggested paying an extra £50 for a meal for apparently no reason.

5. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: A buddy and I are doing a small movie marathon, Nolan's Batman trilogy. We're taking a break to grab a bite. We just finished The Dark Knight. I rewatch it once or twice a year, but I realized that I've got into the habit of putting something on in the background while scrolling through Reddit. This is the first time in a while that I actually sat down without anything else distracting me and paid attention to the film.

And it just hit me, like it hasn't in a while. It's no original epiphany, but my God, this is an incredible film. It's truly more than the sum of its parts. The best thing Nolan has done for sure. It's truly, boundlessly great, and I don't care how cheesy this sounds.

6. Imariel

Imariel Order Member DLP Supporter

I do the same with the Lord of The Rings trilogy, extended version. I love it every time.

7. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Oh man. RotK. No other single film brings me to tears as many times as that one. And it happens every single time. When Aragorn says "you bow to no one"...

8. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

I need to spend a day rewatching the full LotR trilogy. Probably on a rainy day sometime later in the year when it's not too cold yet....

9. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

Yeah just clear out 36 hours in the diary and get it done.

Queen are every bit as amazing as you'd expect. This Adam Lambert Guy is insanely good, actually capable of filling Mercury's shoes.

10. Microwave

Microwave Second Year

The lead singer of the Queen tribute band literally sounds exactly like Mercury.

11. Wildfeather

Wildfeather Seventh Year Prestige

High Score:
    First day at my new job starts today. Working in a law firm (as a paralegal) for a small firm. I'm excited but also a little nervous. I'll get my bachelors in an ABA accredited paralegal studies program soon also.

12. Agent One

High Score:
    Just discovered my new favourite Android Game, Darkness Rises. Graphics are awesome and actually as advertised for once. Game Mechanics are pretty enjoyable. The MTX notices are pretty annoying but you don't really need to pay anything to progress. Can be a a bit grindy but I'ma veteran Runescape player so that's not really an issue. Plus, the game has an autoplay feature which is pretty great.

It uses the usual Android controls (Action/Attack buttons on the right side of the screen) but I don't thinks there's really any other alternative.

What excites me are the way that the game can expand. THere's an area called "Village" which is the beginnings of an Open World MMO area. If they put in enough effort, this could truly be a great game (Android or otherwise).

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Groundskeeper

TomD: Getting tattood my first time as I write this. Four days of vacation left!

14. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 Prestige

High Score:
    Yeah, I get why Queen is trying to keep Freddie Mercury's name alive and his persona as part of the band, but honestly, at this point, I think Adam Lambert deserves to be named as the new lead singer of Queen rather than Queen+Adam Lambert. Personally, I'm not a Queen fan, although I admire their talent and like some of their songs, so my thoughts on the topic obviously aren't as emotionally driven as true Queen fans, but that doesn't change the fact that Lambert really can fill Mercury's shoes at this point (and he's probably the only one in the world who can).

EDIT: I just think it's a shame Adam Lambert shows up no where on their website except for the +Adam Lambert in concert promotions.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  15. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

I like everything you said except for the autoplay feature. Why would you ever want an autoplay feature? Isn't the point of games to, you know, play them?

I did download it and am having fun, I just really don't get the autoplay feature...

16. Microwave

Microwave Second Year

Think they're trying to cater to the weird people that only like to watch their games, but not play them.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  17. VanRopen

VanRopen Unspeakable

I'd figure it's for when you want to keep progression going (because the game is super super grindy) but are tired of playing and want a break.

18. Agent One

High Score:
    It's more for when you get to a hard boss and can't beat him. If you're bothered to play yourself, you'd just keep playing the level before manually until you've levelled up enough. As the auto play feature isn't as good as playing manually, if you did the level before on autplay you'd most likely die.

If you can't be asked to grind out yourself and don't mind waiting, you'd go to about ten levels or so before the level you're stuck on and leave it on repeat/auto play. It would take (a lot) longer to level up but it would take less effort than if you did it yourself.

19. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

I don't know about that man, I started yesterday and already hit level 22 by leaving it running on autoplay tearing through the Adventure Mode while I work on other stuff. I guess it kind of works out since I can take back control and still play and have fun (it's just higher levels all around), but it doesn't sit quite right with me.

If your game is grind-y enough that people would rather have an AI play it for them then maybe you should rebalance things imo.

EDIT: I hit level 29 and got through all of normal difficulty using nothing but autoplay. Just left it running during work, popping in to turn in quests and accept new ones. If this doesn't plateau and start needing my input to get through the levels soon then idk if I'm gonna keep playing.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  20. Invictus

Invictus Fourth Champion

Among many other reasons, Queen's former bassist (John Deacon) is incredibly sensitive about replacing Mercury. To him Queen was Mercury.
    Among other signs that he really really isn't a fan of 'replacing' Mercury in any way. Plus Queen was a LOT tighter than most bands, and there are the other bandmates personal feelings, plus brand name. Queen has been forever associated with Mercury.