1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Traveler by The Straight Elf - T - Pokemon

Discussion in 'Games' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Apr 14, 2013.

1. MobMentality

MobMentality DA Member

Now that there's been a few heavy hints that the Unova trainer with the hydreigon is a 'bad guy', I think whether Ash wins the tournament is going to come down to whether he faces him in the final or semifinal match.

2. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I bet the author will just make it a poll.

3. halfwaydecent

halfwaydecent Fourth Year

Does anybody else think that the guy from Unova will end up killing at least one of Ash's pokemon to make room for him to catch some pokemon in Hoenn. Because with the way Ash is portrayed in this fic I can't imagine him just starting over and basically getting a whole new team like he did in the Anime, but going to a new region and not catching any new pokemon to add to the team would probably piss off a lot of readers. Besides Ash beating that Hydreigon and coming out with only minor injuries to his pokemon would be really surprising and if Ash is going to lose to the guy, I doubt that the guy will pull any of his punches.

4. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I don't see why he can't catch some new ones anyways. He can always leave some/swap around with Professor Oak.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Yep. It's kind of hackneyed and annoying now in that a lot of pokemon fanfiction stories emphasize the fact that Ash, "WILL ROTATE HIS TEAM AND CATCH NEW POKEMON BUT STILL USE HIS OLD ONES," but it really is rational.

Also, kind of embarrassing since I'm the one that rec'd this fic, but I just can't remember. Has Ash catched greater than 6 pokemon and had the freshly captured pokemon been transported to Oak's?

Honest to god, I can't remember.

But as to the original question - I think that if Ash loses, he's going to be put down hard. I don't like putting it in those terms as it implies some sort of smackdown to an inferior trainer, but yeah. I would not be surprised at some deaths.

Losing Dazed would sting.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Haha, yeah, you don't remember him feeling guilty about leaving Bruiser and Seeker at Oak's place for so long? He at least has 9. Infernus, Nidoking, Oz, Plume, Sneasel, Torrent, Bruiser, Seeker, and Dazed. He used to have a Golduck which he released back into the wild. That's all I can remember. He currently has the normal 6 + Sneasel on him, I think, I don't remember that exception being revoked yet.

7. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I do, yeah, w.r.t Seeker and Bruiser. Man, it's time for a re-read.

Guilty response time:

I have yet to read chapters 1-3. Lol

8. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

I really don't care for that Sneasel, and he hasn't had a mon die on him yet... so heres to hoping.

9. halfwaydecent

halfwaydecent Fourth Year

But that's the thing, he felt really guilty when he had to leave Bruiser and Seeker behind in his journey, so to leave out all of them then go onto another region does not seem likely, despite Ash being able to send them back and forth with Oak. Besides, all of his pokemon, minus Seeker, have had training from a pokemon Master. So if Ash caught more pokemon without actually losing any of his current pokemon, the new pokemon would either never get rotated out or his current pokemon would never get rotated in because of the sheer amount of time necessary for training his new pokemon up to the other pokemon's level of skill and experience.

Here's to hoping some of his pokemon die in the upcoming battles. Not only would it give Ash a fair reason for wanting to get out of Indigo Plateau and go to a whole new region, but it would also be a nice plot twist.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

It would be really, really stupid to get rid of all his pokemon and start anew in each region like canon Ash. He's much closer to his pokemon than canon Ash was, he has a relationship with each of them. They're more of main characters than Oak, Gary, or any of the Gym leaders or Elite 4 are in this story. This would be tantamount to killing off 90% of the cast and replacing them.

Also I don't want any of the Pokemon to die, that's fucked up. ;-;

11. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't see him killing off any of the team; I think it would be atypical of the feel of the story so far.

That said, it could be we'll see one or two injured to the point of needing substantial time off to recover.

12. MobMentality

MobMentality DA Member

Yeah, the author's stressed multiple times that pokemon dying during a sanctioned event virtually never happens, and I don't see any members of his team being so outclassed that it's a realistic possibility. This is a story about Ash developing into a champion, and with his A Team mostly decided I expect he'll be very selective about any more pokemon he might pick up in whatever new regions he visits. Like what Lance is doing with Bagon and Gible.

13. invinoveri

invinoveri Third Year

He was limited to 6 but now can carry as many as he wants, IIRC. So he doesn't have any reason to leave his pokemon with Oak.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I don't think it was ever as many as he wants, was it? I thought it was just temporary while Sneasel was still young.

15. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Lance touched on it a few chapters ago, about how he was going to let Ash carry all of his pokemon until the league ended. I'm not sure if anything has been mentioned since then.

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Hmm, I don't remember that. I only remember some people giving him access to more pokemon at certain times, like Lance, Surge, and Oak. Don't remember him saying he could have all his pokemon with him.

But maybe you're right, Bruiser and Seeker are there with him, along with his usual six + sneasel.

17. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

Updated.
    Pretty damn good battle in this one.

18. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The story has been updated with the semifinal match.

A close fight with the Unova trainer. The Hydreigon was anticlimatic after the build up it's gotten but the rest of the battles were interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Ash won after this.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, interesting. Also cool to see Infernus against a normal foe, lol. Such slaughter.

Rooting for Ash win :D

Author really took some liberties with the Unova pokemon, but I think it made them much more interesting than canon.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Sad to see the eelektross treated so poorly, 525 bst with no weaknesses? That thing is a beast.