1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Um, Guys...Pokemon MMO

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

http://pokemmo.eu/

I've messed around with it a bit. Seems legit. 1st gen (plus 4 bonus 2nd gen and minus a couple random dudeguybros), the entirety of FR/LG, you can upgrade the graphics to HG/SS levels.

You can trade and battle with other players, you can run into wild Pokemon...Yeah.

They lose points for not having a server to download, and for only having Kanto to explore (for now).

Other than those two nitpicks, this seems awesome.

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Thing is, why?

Why would I play a pokemon MMO now when the DS can hook up to the net and let me do pretty much all of the online stuff on the go?

For chatting? I can just go to a message board for that, honestly.

Battles? Trading? Again, DS handles it.

Hell, if I was only interested in battling, why even get this when I can d/l a battle sim or poke-sav the 'mons I want straight into my game?

Honestly, I don't see the appeal of a pokemon MMO if there's nothing special to differentiate it from the handhelds.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Evan Tide's opinion basically matches my own, thus I won't be playing it.

However, I do see why this game could be awesome though. I know a couple years ago I was looking for something just like this, without success. Yes, you can use message boards, but chatting immediately there with other players is obviously much more convenient. DS handles battling and trading, yes, but I honestly find it more fun when you can actively engage/chat with opponents.

The only problem I see though, is that if this game gets any sort of population going, there's just going to be a big cluster of characters running around everywhere. Might not be a problem in testing, but in a MMO? :S Ugh.

4. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

It's why I'm hoping that they'll have server stuff to download in the near future. If this gets super popular, setting up private servers will be something of a necessity, if only to ensure the maps don't become one giant clusterfuck.