1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2013

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Rym

Rym Auror

Is it worth reading the hunger games trilogy? I was thinking about getting into them, but a bunch of people have mentioned that the third book is pretty awful.

2. Euroclydon

Euroclydon High Inquisitor

I'd recommend them. I enjoyed the third book, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, it has been a while.

I do remember that I was left a little bit depressed with the way things turned out. I don't remember disliking it for any other reason.

Rym
  3. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

If you just watch the movies, you'll get most of what is in the books. The writing is pretty meh, in my opinion.

Never read the third book. My sister expressed disappointment with it, though.

4. Rym

Rym Auror

Also, saw Disney's Frozen. If Elsa's solo doesn't amaze you then you truly have no soul. It reminded me so much of Elphaba's solo from Wicked (Defying Gravity), which is hands down my favorite musical of all time.

Edit:

Which makes even more sense now that I googled the singer haha. Idina Menzel was Elphaba on Broadway. That's fucking awesome. Rock on, Disney.

Edit Edit: Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, all.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a cool sequence, but I actually think the song is kinda meh. It's not exactly catchy.

6. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I hate musicals as a rule, so I'm too biased to make an objective opinion.

7. Rah

Rah Death Eater

I just saw Frozen yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Disney's earlier films. Also I loved the whole Nordic background, that was fun. I also loved Elsa's solo! And i found the snowman song before it to be really sad and emotional and amazing.

I also saw Anchorman 2 last week and I have to say, that while it was funny, it didn't really stand up to the first movie IMO. Some of the jokes just fell short but it was still a good movie. Also, it's not really a movie theatre type of movie, I'd probably have enjoyed it more if I was watching it at home with friends etc. or if I was drunk.

Side note: Wicked is such a good show!!!

Rym
  8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Frozen would have been really excellent were it not for the fucking song lyrics. Musically, the songs were beautiful, but the majority of them had lyrics that sound like they were written by a third grader.

This song in particular made me want to punch someone.

9. Rym

Rym Auror

So I saw Madoka Magica Rebellion (The Sequel movie to the TV series -- taking place after the TV series and the two recap movies).

It was... very bizarre. I'm not sure I quite understood everything, actually, but it seems like a set up to a possible new season of Madoka Magica. Very strange ending. Anywho, glad I saw it. And there was a kick ass fight scene that was mind-blowingly awesome to watch.

10. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

You're mad about a Disney movie not having depth to it's lyrics? That's like watching a Steven Seagal movie and getting upset that he kills guys with awful martial arts.

11. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From what I've heard, it pretty much shits on the ending of the TV series.

12. Rym

Rym Auror

Eh. Yes and no. It's totally different really. Personally, I felt like the way the TV series ended was perfect, so to me, yeah - I was a little disappointed Rebellion didn't continue in that vein. In fact, unless something else comes of this movie (i.e. they release more MM material), I'm pretty much just going to forget Rebellion even existed. It's beautiful, animation wise, there are some great moments in the movie, and it's another 2 hours you get to spend with the Madoka universe, but it feels more like a once-off than anything else.

So, yeah... glad I saw it, but I liked the original series a lot more.