Upcoming Movies in 2018

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Weaboos: We Want Anime to Be Real!

James Cameron: Say no more.

I'm hyped for Alita, tbh.

[​IMG]

2. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why would they make her eyes that big... Or are they naturally that big? I know there are surgeries where they can cut your eyelid size down, but jesus.

3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

To make her look like anime. That's literally it.

4. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I saw Darkest Hour on Saturday. It's very good.

(And it has Lily James in it, which would have been enough on its own to make the movie worth seeing.)

The acting and the visuals are great. The plot is perhaps a bit slow moving, given that this period of time is meant to be a crisis, but if you're interested in the material that's not a problem.

There are two scenes, near the end, that are incredibly powerful. I cried like a little patriotic baby. Perhaps they won't have the same impact on a non-Brit, but I think the "weaponisation of the English language" will be moving for everyone, especially if you're French or American.

The "fight them on the beaches" speech has always been an excellent speech, but the barrier of 1940s recording technology has always prevented it from having its full impact with today's generation. In Darkest Hour you see and hear it as it should be seen and heard, and boy does it pack a punch. I also like that they don't cut it short like they have in some movies, so you still get what is perhaps the most powerful line of them all:

5. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll be seeing it this week, can't wait.

Have you seen Lithgow's Churchill? Who does it better?

6. Innomine

Innomine Unspeakable Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I also thoroughly enjoyed The Darkest Hour. It's my kinda thing.

7. pbluekan

pbluekan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

So, I saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri last night. It was spectacular. It has an excellent cast with some bigger names like Sam Rockwell, Peter Dinklage, Woody Harrelson, and Frances McDormand. It won a Golden Globe I think.

Admittedly, it was released late last year here in the states, but it was just released in the UK.

It’s a crime drama that is wonderfully written and acted. It combines some spectacular gallows humor with some poignant moments of extremely visceral drama that left my date and I with sad little smiles as we left the theater.

8. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    I saw that last week, and yeah, it's really good. There's been a certain amount of backlash to it after an initial rave response, and it feels like people just aren't used to properly complex, multi-faceted characters in (relatively) mainstream cinema anymore. Definitely worth a watch.