1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Vash's totally (not) epic FFn Themes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antivash, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. Antivash

Am annoyed with the progress of the Slytherin theme, so I made this one instead:

[​IMG]

Dumbledore, with a nice earthy color scheme. Nifty thing about this one, he sticks around when you scroll up or down. If you check the image below, you'll see what I mean...

[​IMG]

Stylish Code

Dumbledore's sauce: Wizard by Stefana Tserk, from DeviantArt.

[​IMG]

Note: Yes. I have adblock turned off atm.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  3. Antivash

I refuse to finish it until you become less of a douchebag! D: Guess DLP will never see it.

So anyway. I made a finished up one I started a few days ago while sitting here waiting on some shit to finish. Reddish color scheme with a 'Star Wars' style/theme. I'm not sure how many of you will use it for the simple fact that I was going for extreme minimalism on this one. That means, the only Log In section is at the bottom of each chapter when you have the opportunity to leave a review. I left that change in; See image #5.

Very little manipulation on the background image in this one, much like the Dumbledore one... Only a bit of gaussian blur to give the lights a bit more of a glow with a softer color change... It was originally in a purple tone, which I made a theme of at first. I liked it well enough, and I may go back and recreate it, but for now, only red. Original source, for those that want to know, is Force Hound by adamqd from DevArt.

Previews:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  4. Antivash

So, I've had a bit of free time while waiting on some shit earlier, so I started fucking around. I think it came out fairly nice, but I figured I'd post a few screen caps and get everything cleaned up. Will edit in some download links in a bit.

For now called Vash's Ravenclaw Suite, because... well... obvious.

The Main Page (Note: Capped before re-enabling the appropriate JS script.):

[​IMG]

A breakdown of the changes I made, via a custom CSS theme made with Stylebot and two userscripts al a greasemonkey/javascripts:

[​IMG]

Something that really annoyed me was the way that they fucking did the tables in the story pages and what not. Explained a bit in the cap:

[​IMG]

Couple of brief looks at some of the lits:

Story Listings (Notice no gay "cover art"):

[​IMG]

Reviews:

[​IMG]

Fandoms:

[​IMG]

The FFN Forums if you use them:

[​IMG]

Last one is the standard FFN search page. If you look, there is a darkish blue bar on the left side that cuts out half way. Meant to draw contrast between hovering over something and when its inactive. The story list does the same, so I didn't bother capping it there.

[​IMG]

All links clickable to read any text on them.

Code:

Note: For the moment, until I get the change to fix the code for Stylish, its only working with Stylebot. The last two files should still work for you.

As to getting the theme to work as I have it set up, you'll need to install Stylebot for the theme. The scripts you can install in two ways, explained in a bit.

The theme:

Once you've got Stylebot installed, head over to FFN and hit Alt+M (or click the Css button in your address bar), and then hit 'Edit CSS' at the very bottom. Past the main link up there in this section. If you intend to actually use the FFN forums, go to forums.fanfiction.net and do the same for the second file.

As far as scripts; Firefox is fairly simple, open greasemonkey + new script + paste + ???? = Profit.

Chrome no longer has built in support for userscripts, you're gonna have to do it funny. Take the code and save them to a file. (rowena-quote.user.js/ffn-to-dlp.user.js is what I have them as) Open up your extensions page and drag them into it. The ffn/dlp link replacer works with the Tampermonkey extension if you want to do it that way, not sure why the other doesnt.

Note: if it doesnt let you drag/drop to extensions, grab the developers build.

Edit: Stylish is now up and working. If you run into any problems, lemme know. You should only need the one file for Stylish, vs two for Stylebot. Stylish version tested with both Chrome and Firefox versions without issue on my end.

5. Antivash

So, for all of you weird ass faggots that like fucking creepy ass anime, A gift:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Akemi Homura Theme:

Stylish Code For:
    [pbin=Chrome]SqbUSRxx[/pbin]
    [pbin=Firefox]6YjAEcND[/pbin]
    [pbin=Firefox Alt (Login at top)]SFGEYuFu[/pbin]
    [pbin=Chrome Alt (Login at Top)]dVhkXBJ3[/pbin]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Antivash

Forget where the fuck I found the image at, but I wanted to do something with it. So. Bleach: Chibi Mugetsu Style.

[imgur]bu8Sq[/imgur]

Style Codes for:
    [pbin=Firefox]w0hN0MZB[/pbin]
    [pbin=Chrome]jFqcgznC[/pbin]​

7. Estarc

Estarc Third Year

The Puella Magi Mad-whatever-name-too-long theme is pretty damn cool. I confess I rarely actually read anything on FF.net anymore, but I still loaded it up into stylish. Thanks Vash.

8. Antivash

It is. And you should also watch Madoka, the anime that its based on. It is unbelievably awesome. :D

9. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not seeing a login/logout button anywhere. But it looks good besides that.

10. Antivash

Was based on my minimal theme. Forgot to readd it. It was still on the chapters though. Added an Alt for people who want it. Login at top in those.

11. Antivash

Three cheers for double posting.

So anyway, I just wanna find out if anyone is interested in this. I've been working on a personal theme over the last two days when I can't sleep in the middle of the night. I really like the way it turned out, but I know others may not, so might as well ask, rather than just post it...

[Pictures cut and moved to release post]

A combination of userscripts and userstyles, it is on the extreme side of heavy minimalism. A lot of what I consider unnecessary has been cut out. I don't log in or review, so I cut those as well. Currently only Main Page, story page, and fandom lists are finished. Will be working on user pages and communities next. I have no intentions of doing the FFn Forums, however.

So, yay/nay?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Yep, I want it

13. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it!

14. Antivash

No, Chrome. Just Fucking no, Chrome.

A brief update: I hate Chrome's stylish setup. Why can't I use the old awesome one file Firefox version?! ;-; There are an additional two address lines at the bottom of the last screencap. Good news is I can cut out the majority of the URL prefixes from the bottom. Its a fucking pain in the ass that I have to do all of this to get the shit working all over FFN.

This is without a doubt the most complicated re-theme of FFN Ive seen (or done.) But I swear to fuck that I am going to make all of this time worth it.

Good news and Bad news for installing, however: I can upload it to userstyles.org and it's a one click install for chrome and firefox, so no hassle using] it. Bad news: So far, I've run into three or four tags that US.o wont accept as 'valid' CSS despite the fact that it is and works. >_> You'll have to add those yourselves, but thats a simple thing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  15. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah, that gray and green looks good. I'll totally install that one. :)

16. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

That's a lovely theme, Vash.

17. Antivash

So now that Ive got it finished for the most part I can go ahead and post the codes for anyone that does want to use it. Bit of a brief overview of whats going on so there is no confusion as to why something isnt turning up and what have you.

[IMGUR]0dEsN[/IMGUR]

To start off with, you've got the main page here. Green/Off-Yellow/Gray colorscheme based on the Gray fork of Guake-/Tmux-Solarized. Simplistic/Ultra-Minimal layout with a dark border on dark background with a bright-but-still-dark look is a lot more easy on the eyes than the vanilla, and a bit of a change from the DLP theme, which is still awesome. D:

The entire header with your quicklinks, logins, and searches have been culled. I'd have trashed the two news divs below as well, but it looked to empty without it. I toyed with the idea of using some vash magic to move the login link, but it's pretty pointless now. Some of the alterations remove the captcha, making login impossible as long as the theme is enabled. That can be worked around, though, with the way you'll need to install it.

[IMGUR]kYqEf[/IMGUR]
    [IMGUR]BR1mY[/IMGUR]

As you can see in the two screens above there are also no forward/back page changes. This is simply because all pagitation is meant to be handled by the same javascript that changes/colorizes the dates. It also lets you change date style (US vs UK), highlight words (MPreg/Yaoi/Whatever else you input), moves the review link down to the number of reviews and a few other things. Anyone who used the Power Fanfiction.net script will be familiar as its based on that. I modified the new version to fit with the colors, but all else remains unchanged.

[IMGUR]X5V31[/IMGUR]
    [IMGUR]hv7BR[/IMGUR]

The User's Page and the story pages have also been cut down to continue the ultralight feel. The Title and author of the stories has been shoved up to the top, and the rest removed as its fairly useless. You already read the FFn summary, why do you need it again. Similarly the titles of C2's (Show in the above, in the second image.) and authors name are up in the top with the dark on dark large font look. Again, no manual control as its meant to be automated.

All images/icons have been remove as well. I hate the "cover art" feature, and fFN's icons just plain suck. Considering the amount of talent the staff has (or doesnt) its not surprising. A few more images below, just to get a good look at whats going on.

Other Sreenshots Not worth explaining:
    [IMGUR]cldOW[/IMGUR]
    [IMGUR]vH7hI[/IMGUR]
    [IMGUR]VbVnT[/IMGUR]

Before I toss in the instructions, I'll say this: If a link is missing, its intentional. Don't ask for me to put it back, I won't. Absolutely everything is meant to be automated, including the work-around for logging in.

First thing you're gonna wanna do is disable anything you have enabled, and log into Fanfiction.net. Go do a quick bit of googling for something to edit your cookies (Example: Edit This Cookie in Chrome), or do it by hand if you know how, jack up the expiration date on your ffn cookies. This will prevent having to log in.

Secondly, you'll want to install a userscript manager (Greasemonkey on firefox/Tampermonkey on Chrome/by hand if you know how), and create a new script (name.user.js if using manual loading methods over GM/TM). Grab the Sauce from my hastebin (4th button on the top right menu is raw data if copying also grabs line numbers), put it in your new script and reload FFn.

Do Not Edit Any Settings In This File By Hand.

If you've done everything correctly to this point, your menu on fanfiction.net should now have an extra option labelled Fanfiction Tools Options. You'll set your options here(Ignore the context menu on the right, my imgur extension is going fucky). Make your changes and dont forget to save it.

Grab these fonts and install theme as they are whats used in the theme and are not installed on any system by default. Dustismo for titles and a modified version of Source Code Pro (Source Code Pro for Powerline, patched for Powerline use on Guake/Tmux/Vim) for all other text.

Lastly, since I managed to get US.o to not fight me over it, all you need to do is drop on over to the theme on Userstyles.org and hit install.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  18. Antivash

You probably noticed Fanfiction.net changed more shit and that those of you using my latest theme have found ffn broken and no longer working. The theme has been updated (Linked here) to fix some of the issues I've run across, as well as re-adding navigation.

19. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

Uhh, when you get a chance, could you look at the centering? It shifts everything to the left.

20. Antivash

Everything being...? Story text? Cause that was intentional. Everything looks fine to me...