1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Veni Vidi by Azraeos K+

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Magus, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Title: Veni Vidi
    Author: Azraeos
    Rating: K+
    Genre:Humor/General (Crossover)
    DLP Category: Alternates/Humor
    Pairing: No main pairing
    Chapters: 8
    Updated: October 18, 2007
    Published: November 13, 2006

Length: 21,528 words
    Summary: HPDBZ crossover: What if Harry was a spectator at the World Martial Arts Tournament? This story is now complete.

Link here.

I noticed a disturbing lack of fics for review, so I thought I'd give it a shot!
    Many people say that at one point they flirted with the Dragon Ball Z fandom, so why not add a spot of entertaining Harry Potter? Anyway, this is certainly my favourite HP/DBZ crossover (in fact, it might be the only HP/DBZ crossover I know of). Harry finds himself trapped in the DBZ universe at the start if the martial arts tournament in the Majin Buu Saga, and struggles with disturbing magical incidents as he tries to get back home.

It’s complete, amusing and brings an interesting twist on both the HP and DBZ storylines... So I hope you guys (and girls) will enjoy!

5/5 for me.

Checked by Minion, January 1, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Is it readable if the only thing I know from DBZ is kamehameha?

3. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

Well... I guess it wasn't too bad. I would rate it 5/5 for being finished and not a bad fic, but its only a 4/5 on my full like-o-meter of finished fics.

The idea was sound, and there was some funny little scenes-like sneezing and sending power outward.

I like.

It was good to see something more. There has been a sad lack of any fics offered lately.

4. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

A crossover with DBZ? No, just...no.

That being said, I was bored enough to give it a shot anyways. I'll give it a solid 3.5/5 for writing style alone.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

It was okay. Just your average story. Not too much of it was that great. Toss it in the recycle bin. 3 stars from me.

6. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Erm... Some basic knowledge about the characters would help, but seeing as the story is told from Harry's POV (he has no clue about whats going on) I'd say its readable for the DBZ neophyte.

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I actually really enjoyed it. 4/5. Tempted to give 5/5, but it doesn't have that long-lasting, amazing quality. It's just a rather amusing, well written story.

8. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm going to be generous and give this a 3/5. The spelling/grammar was clean. I don't know much about DBZ, but not knowing about the crossover has ever stopped me. That's how i got into Harry Potter fanfiction.

My biggest problem is that it was...boring. Yay! Harry goes to tournament. People stare at him..MYSTERIOUSLY. Harry defeats someone with a bat-bogey hex. Then back to the Horcrux hunt. It didn't stimulate my mind at all or even amuse me. But I blame that on my apathy towards DBZ chars.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    An average fic that kept me amused for half an hour. Not really library worthy, but is still too good to be deleted.

I'll give it a 3/5 so it'll go in the Recycling Bin.

10. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I liked it. I give it 3.5/5. The writing was pretty damn good, it was executed well, and, best of all, it maintained a sense of silly fun throughout it all. Not perfect, but I'd read it again.

11. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

3.5? What. The. Fuck.

I am sick of people saying #.5, I'd like to see how you're going to give this thread 3.5 stars.

12. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

It's usually just when people don't think it quite deserves a solid four, so they say what they would rate it personally, and then pick either 3 or 4, depending on how much they liked it.

What really irritates me is when they say something like; Well, I would have given this story a 4/5, but ____ was annoying, so I give it 3.5/5.

-_-

On topic, DBZ? Really? The only thing I know about it is the "over 9000" joke. I don't see how it could make a very good story. I refrain from rating.

13. The DarIm

The DarIm Groundskeeper

Read this one a while back and compared to all other HP/DBZ crossovers I've been unfortunate enough to stumble over, this one was pretty good.
    Harry sticks to magic instead of growing a tail and blasting away like the other DBZ characters, his magic isn't over the top, and a really good writing style.
    On the downside, it lacked an actual plot. The author just got a small idea which was wonderfully done, but still, it was just a ficlet, no real plot.

I'd give it 4/5.