1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Want to read book wriiten by a real serial killer?

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Eagle, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Eagle

Eagle Temporarily Banhammered

http://abclocal.go.com/three/kabc/kabc/My-Twisted-World.pdf

Here's the book. I actually read it. Its the creepiest thing I have ever read. Scared the hell out of me.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I wouldn't call it a book, but yeah, it's creepy and fucked up. He also leaves a lot out of it, and what he leaves out is telling. Google tells me that he started seeing a psychiatrist when he was eight, but he's around ten or eleven at the point of this 'manifesto' that I'm in, and not a single mention of it. Despite numerous other observations and mentions on damn near everything else.

Interesting from a forensic perspective in a sense, on what makes people like this so crazy. Also potentially helpful if I ever decide to write a fictional story about such a person.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I don't think I want to read this. It's a point of semantics OP, but Elliot Rodger was a spree killer, not a serial killer.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I think I'll just stick to browsing /b/, I'll get the same thing in higher quantities.

5. Persephone

Persephone Fourth Year

I don't really trust him to be objective and not paint himself as a victim.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I think the only thing spree/serial killers deserve is to be forgotten.

Maybe this is useful for, as Cheddar said, "forensic purposes" but I am not in that line of work/study. Attention is what these people want, so I'm not going to read his garbage and I won't even remember his name if I can help it.

7. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I won't read it because like Iztiak said this kind of people don't need to be remembered at all.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hardly think we're benefiting a dead guy by reading what he wrote.

If you find it interesting, read it, if you don't, then don't read it. Pretending that you're making a morally superior decision by not reading it just sounds lazy to me. It simply has no affect one way or the other, since no one will know whether you've read it or not.

I tend to find these sorts of things interesting, but I haven't read it yet, and in all honesty I probably won't. As far as examples of fucked up people go, he wasn't particularly interesting. I watched a few of his videos when it first happened and they were a pretty typical, if extreme, example of mental illness. I doubt his actual book would be any different.

9. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I've read it. The little Untermensch was batshit insane. Most of his problems stemmed from being wildly materialistic, narcissistic, and anti-social. He couldn't approach girls or speak to them, but thought of himself as being something pretty special. So he grew to hate females for not miraculously recognising his immense worth.

His vision of a perfect world is something I haven't seen people talk about much, but it was the 'climax' of his manifesto:

Utterly and bewilderingly insane.

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think what they meant (I might be wrong) is that by affording his manifesto attention on social media, or anywhere else, we encourage that sort of thing in the future.

Some argue that it's two-pronged - others might leave something similar in a desperate bid for attention if they've seen it work before. But also it might encourage the media to focus on the killer instead of the victims in future disasters since that's what got attention. Some of that is just human nature though.

Not sure of my own thoughts in this camp.