1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Wastelands by The Fine Balance - M

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by The Fine Balance, Aug 2, 2007.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Title: Wastelands
    Author: Me/Sober Dogs Bore Me
    Rating: M moving towards NC-17
    Genre: General/Horror
    DLP Category: Restricted Section
    Pairing: No Slash.
    Chapters: 2
    Words: 4,224
    Updated: August 29, 2007
    Published: August 13, 2007
    Summary: She is intoxicated by the power he emits. WARNING: It Has gotten disturbing.
    Link: DLP, FF.net

It's up on FF.net now.

Oh, and please review.

Checked: July 30, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Holy fucking shit, ROFL!

Oh man. This story is fucking awesome - one of the better attempts at random insanity that jackasses have been trying on DLP but usually fail to do. Unfortunately, it's too short be put into parts - one, long one-shot would be much more desirable, I believe. Also - engorgio, not engogio.

And the detail is pretty good. Gotta love part 2 though XD.

4/5, for now - let's see how it ends.

3. Le

Le Fourth Year

Alright, I've got a few criticisms, but they're mostly minor. As already stated, it feels a little rushed and disjointed because of the scene breaks. Also, contractions are a no no.

Aside from that, fucking epic man. Seriously. Poppy/Harry is full of win. 4/5, and only because of the above criticisms.

4. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Awesome. 5/5, atm, for sheer debauchery and awe-inspiring writing style, not to mention the amazing HARRY/POPPY! I look forward to the third installment. Greatly.

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Haha, oh wow; this thing is crazy. I like the combination of spells that she used in Chapter 2, especially; keep it up.

4.5/5, lowered from 5/5 only by miniscule errors.

6. The Fine Balance

Wastelands, Part 1

I've joined the earlier parts together, removed the scene breaks, added a bit of content and revised a bit of grammar. Should be better than before.

About the third part. I had originally planned to make it with Harry’s point of view but this, this seems so perfect, so complete in itself that I feel like separating them now, into two segments. It is coming, but sadly it will be a longer wait that I had hoped since I’ll be fleshing it out further. For those who are waiting for it, do not worry. It will be as, if not more disturbing and will surely be much more unconventionally oriented unlike the conventional “rape” theme that this follows. During that time, read my latest attempt at a Novel length fic, a heavily revamped remake of my old History’s Inexorable March. History’s Inexorable March

7. The Fine Balance

Wastelands, part 2
    Rating: M moving towards NC-17
    Genre: Horror
    DLP Category: Restricted Section
    Pairing: Harry/Poppy Harry/???
    Summary: In the Dementor induced dreams, Harry finds madness beyond all he had ever imagined. Disturbing.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  8. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Wow that was sick (which is a good thing :D). The way you described how Harry slowly looses his mind is great.
    Absolutly disgusting and a great read!

9. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

4.5/5 Read this yesterday, on ficwad, freaked me out a little =D

10. Domienique

Domienique Guest

Disturbing.

First part was perfect. Second part lacked something, can't really describe it.

The transition of Harry's consciousness was some sort of accidental Legilimency, right? Whatever it was, the abrupt changes were really well done.

You asked for "memorable phrases". While there were quite a few (and upon him she rocked in lust), this is the one that really made this story a almost 5/5 for me --She was sobbing, pleading, “Please not him, take me instead...” and he was, he was taking he, breaking her.-- The overlap of scenes, as in Lily is both dying and being 'raped' by him... seriously spoked me.

4.5/5

Any plans for a sequel? I really want to see DUmbledore's reaction :D

11. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Disturbing...
    Disturbing Indeed...

At first I had rather hoped that this was going to be an up and up fic, Hell you scored bonus points sight unseen just for the pairing, but....

Nope I'm sorry. it's just... a little too twisted for me I suppose. If you could have managed a reasonable explaination for the pairing and a strong reason and plot for the hookup then maybe but... no... Just... No....

2/5

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Massive necro-bump, for Mors. <3

Horrible, perverse and sickening for all the right reasons and pulled off with style. 5/5

EDIT: Now that it has four stars, maybe a mod could move it from the recycling bin?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  13. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Oz you faget. Don't bring this shit up again or I'll fucking go rape your mom, you bastard. -_-

Ahem. As I've told you before, fB... 5/5. But believe me, your re-read value is in the negatives. No way I'm touching this stuff again. Not even for the lulz.

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Werd.

THAT x 10^100000. Jesus Christ.

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

C'mon, fagets. You read with hands upon cocks. I knows it. D:

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

You read with altar boys within reach and McDonald's in your pockets.

I tell no liez. >_>

17. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

I remember it being very good, in a sickening sort of way. The writing was elaborate enough to make the read possible -- the subject was still something I'd gladly flush down the toilet, but it was beautifully giftwrapped. As I remember them, the descriptions translated Pomfrey's madness quite well; they had a, er, stormy...apocalyptic feel to them. That was... I don't know. Stupefying. Morbidly fascinating. The kind of thing that leaves you rooted to your chair and staring at your screen, going "what...the...fuck..." over and over again.

It should've stayed as a one-shot, though; it had more impact as a single chapter. And more to the point, I absolutely don't want to read the second chapter. As long as there are words on the page, I'll keep reading it, but if I stop I may not want to pick it up again -- or indeed, click the "next chapter" icon.

I'm not comfortable with rating the story, as I read it ages ago and forgot most of it; I only remember a general impression. Keep it on the site, yes. Put a link to it in S&P, or stack it somewhere with The Office and that Hagrid/Cho's corpse fic.

To give a better review I'd have to reread it. Which I may do. Someday.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  18. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Er, is there a reason this is in the RB with a 4.0? I thought a 3.5 or higher got in.

19. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Yes, there is: I haven't looked in there in a while. My bad.

Fixed.