1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Werewolf for Beginners: Interest?

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Vesvius, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hey, all. I've had an idea floating around in my head for a while and I thought it was time to share it with the class.

It seems to me that as we go on, the games around here are getting more and more complex. Not that that's a bad thing. But it might intimidate some other new players who would be otherwise interested in playing.

So right now, I'm thinking about starting a simple game. It would be a simple, 13 player game of "Are You A Werewolf?" (one of the more popular mafia variants). The players would be ten normal civilians, two werewolves (scum), and one seer (Werewolf's Priest/Probe/Auror/Question equivilant).

And it would be restricted to player who have played in two or less games.

This thread isn't a sign up thread (though I suppose is 13 people express interest it could become one). It's merely to figure out if there are enough new players around who would be interested in this.

Thoughts?

2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm interested: I've played in one game and wanted to join more, but have been unwilling to join the increasingly complicated other games.

3. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I've never played, but I've been wanting to get a start in the whole mafia thing. I think I would be interested depending on when it was played. Any time after finals end in a week or so would work for me.

4. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I would be interested as well. I've followed a couple of the mafia threads and thought they would be fun to join, this seems like a great way to start

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm definitely interested, with winter break coming up I should have time for a simple game.

6. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I'm in my second game now but it would be interesting to have a go at the basic set up since I have been involved in 2 Warlock hunts which can be quite confusing. Also with fresher players it would reduce metagaming IMO.

7. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

I have no idea what all the hulabaloo is about, but I would like to find out.

How time intensive are these, usually?

8. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I'd be interested. I'm playing in Warlock Hunt 2 at the moment and played in Gotham, but I'd be interested in this kind of game.

9. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I PMed Merrill once or twice about wanting to replicate the successful (and simple) DE1 game. He hasn't replied, but I think a "Back to Basics" game would be good. Good luck with the new players, though. It might be daunting at times, because of the collective inexperience of the cohort, but you'll pull through.

You might need to postpone this to at least January, though. Femmafia might start soon, Warlock might need to end first (for the standard two-game rule), and there's the whole Mafia-Free Month in the works...

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The ones we've had going on lately have been huge timesinks, but a simple game like can be given as much or as little time as you want without huge risk to your mafia-person.

Zeit: Mafia-Free Month is for those of us who are tired of playing and want a break. That doesn't affect newbies at all, so there's no point in putting it off for that reason. Also, if you want a break from Mafia... Just don't play. It's as simple as that.

11. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I'm in. No mafia games for me yet, but I've observed a few.

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The community rule on not having 2+ games running at once is so that the problem of too many games, not enough people doesn't happen.

Obviously if this game is getting almost entirely new players who wouldn't have played in other games being run anyway, then it doesn't count.

13. Lightfighter

Lightfighter Third Year DLP Supporter

Definitely interested. I enjoyed observing DE I & II and would like to try my hand at one.

14. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sounds like it could be fun, depending on if my finals are over or not.

15. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll play, seeing as I've never played a mafia game before and it confuses the fuck out of me.

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd be in. I loved Gotham, any chance at more mafia is a good thing.

17. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

I'll play, too. It's hard to get a place usually, so a simple and probably not as time-consuming newbie game sounds great.

18. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

I might play as long as its after finals next week.

19. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I see no reason in postponing this at all. Come on Vesvius, let's get this started.

20. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sweet, there's actually enough interest in this to get it off the ground.

I would just start it up tomorrow but a lot of people do have finals. So to be fair, I'll ask those who have finals: would monday be good?