1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

What A Good Intro Looks Like (NEWBIES READ)

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by Narf, Jun 25, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    No you're just getting silly -_-

Even Mitch's cock can be seen through a camera lens.

2. Narf

Narf Administrator Admin DLP Supporter

Midknight: Other than that crotch pic he just took? He tried to hit on to me one day. :|

3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Sree, that was only in your wet Indian dream :'(

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Guest

I am a newbie here. I will post an avator whenever I can get the thing to work.

I have been reading/writing fanfic for the past five or six years. I am a red head, so tend to have a quick temper, although really try to set on my thumbs. LOL I have green eyes fair skin and a lot of freckles. For some reason, a lot of the characters in my NC-17 stories have freckles too. Go figure. I have written a lot of stories that would be rated G to PG and quite a few that would be rated NC-17. I like to write about Dawn (BtVS) as well as Hermione and Ginny. There are a lot of crossover stories. Okay guys, hope that helps.

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Welcome, but this is actually just a guideline to what an intro should look like. The actual section is located in a different place. One of the admins will probably move it for you.

Not too many people like Ginny here, but props to you for being an author. So you have red hair and green eyes, should we just call you Lily or what?

6. Narf

... I'll ignore your post just because you have green eyes. I love green eyes on a woman. Which is part of my fascination with Lily.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Guest

Okay, supposed to put my post somewhere else? LOL I had a hard enough time just finding this thread. If the mod would point me in the right direction, I would be happy to re-post, post again, or hell, just start over. LOL BTW I have a recent pic of Emma wearing a short little indian costume. Is there any place on this board to post a pic of Emma in a short indian outfit? LOL Oh, this is not a manip and it would be rated "G" I'm sure.

8. mbond98

mbond98 Seventh Year

^^I can see why you banned it, but why delete?

9. pramodusnair

pramodusnair Guest

And could anyone please tell me where we are supposed to introduce ourselves? I am not able to find "start a new thread-hyperlink".

10. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Go to the Introduction section. Go to the bottom of the page. There is a button that says "New Thread". Click it.

11. hello everybody im new memeber

12. Narf

1) This thread isn't for new members to introduce themselves. The whole forum this thread is in is dedicated to that.

2) Your ava sucks.

3) im =/= I'm

4) What the hell is up with your name?

13. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Troll, no one's that stupid.

14. Innomine

Innomine Unspeakable Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    While I wish I could agree with you, I think you underestimate just how low humans can get.

15. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

Memeber. XD

16. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Sounds like something a redneck would say.

17. fluver

fluver Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  18. Iztiak

Iztiak Heir

Well, hello, Lisa from india, who will definitely not be banned within the week.

If by some odd happenstance you are not a troll, please go and post your own... No, wait, bad idea.
    Just go read the rules.

19. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Chances are you''ll be sent back there soon enough.
    Read the rules, the stickies, and make your own intro thread.

20. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

...okay, I think it's time to set this straight.

DO NOT POST YOUR INTRODUCTION IN THIS THREAD! MASSIVE CAPSLOCKED, UNDERLINED AND BOLDED TEXT FOR EMPHASIS

**Oz turns cruise control off

This thread was merely supposed to be an example of what we want to see in an introduction. Look at Sree's original post.

If your introduction is only going to be one or two lines, do NOT bother posting one. Just don't. You'll most likely get flamed, then there will be BAWWing, and none of us wants that. Really really.

Now, on to the learning.

Step 1: To post a new thread, browse to the sub-forum in which you want to post that thread - in this case, the "Introduction" sub-forum. Make absolutely sure you're in the correct sub-forum. Whilst you could argue that tubgirl is political, or ASCAL has anything to do with Harry Potter fanfiction, we all know it isn't true. :rolleyes: So stick shit where the rules say that shit should be stuck.

Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "New Thread" button. To make things easier, VOILA! PICS!

[​IMG]

Step 3: Give the new thread a witty title like "Hello", write out the post, and then click "Submit New Thread".

That's it. Simple.

And here are a few pointers;
    1. Dupe threads aren't cool. Not cool at all. Make sure whatever you're posting hasn't been posted on the forums before, and if you do dupe.... Well, I pray that you survive other members' exasperation.
    2. Submissions for the "For Review" sub-forum have to follow a specific format. The thread is stickied, so you have no excuse for doing it wrong. Also, check kate's list of stories in the library (also stickied) to make sure you don't post somethng that's already up - and if you want to be extra-certain, search for the story's ID number to make sure it isn't in the recycle bin. Just because you think it's an awesome story worthy of five stars, doesn't mean that the rest of the community agree and haven't already trashed it.
    3. Double-check your thread title before posting, or people might wonder why a farmer rapes what he sows. :rolleyes:

Not open for further replies.