1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What do You Look for in a Girl/Guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giovanni, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    I don't!

2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

The only time I have had dress code is when I did my military service. But that’s over so now I can choose what ever I want.

Do you have dress code in Collage and University?

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i dont mind suits or formal clothing i just hate when someone tells me what to ware.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Considering I'm currently in North Carolina I had to add the southern bit =)

Coming I'm originally from Ny, where everyone hates... everyone. Equally

To move to a state where some of the bastards still hang rebel flags in the open, and are very hostile to anyone or the darker persuasion, (black, mexican, or european/latin) In some parts out here it's insane. The state is slowly being forced into the new century, but the mindset of the people here will take 2 or 3 more generations to become tolerant.

(Considering I have a light tan naturally from the Puerto rican and Italian mix, when I started working outside I went DARK DARK to where I look cajun... good lord some of the assholes down here treate me like I'm the freaking antichrist,)

The southern accent I cannot stand when it's heavy. I can't stand extreme accents of anything really, other then a girl talking with Irish/Scottish... omfg that's just sweet =)

The british accent drives me insane. I dunno if it's the horrid acting in the movies or what, but I want to rip my ears off.

I'm accent-less actually, which I've been told is freaking weird. I'm similar to LR in the fact that I mimic the person I'm talking to, to an extent. If I consiously catch that i'm speaking with one I stop.

5. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

so you mean.....like native americans? but that could be considered an accent....

*confused to the extreme*

6. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I think the Australian accents rocks. Not that I understands it very well but it sounds awesome.

7. Midknight

no i just mean I enunciate the words how I think they should sound myself, rather then prononcing car as Ny: cAA or Southern: Cawr. I say it as c-ah-er

8. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

oh....like a canadian accent (we're taught proper enunciation from a young age, except for the newfies...and the country-folk)

9. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

being the daughter of a multi-billioner.
    being nymphomanic.
    having a nice ass.
    having 3-4 other nymphomanic friends.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

^ Will never come close to achieving his goal.

11. Midknight

Oh dear lord no, if I said "A - booo - ut" I'd crack my skull open with a brick.

My unique accent is hard to explain. It's mostly a product of me learning how to speak on my own for the most part, my babysitters often didn't speak english, instead more Italian or Spanish.

I also moved a ton all over the place, so I never had a chance to be infulenced heavily by regional accents. What wound up happening is I can flawlessly duplicate most accents enough to pass off as "from here" My favorite at the moment is Australian, because it pisses my redneck boss off to the extreme.

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

ROFL :)

Your evil.

My accent is a mix of a Philly accent and a couple other ones... Though its mostly Philly.

Though I have been known to slip into one that bears an uncanny resemblence to that of Governer Ahnold and I can also do a fair Texas hick.

13. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

erm....just to dispel the myth....americans seem to think we say "a-boo-t" but....i've never heard that in my entire life...except when people are making fun of canadians...i say...a-bout...my friends say a-bout...everyone i know says a-bout lol

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Whaht ah you talking a-boo-t? Eh?

ROFL.

15. Midknight

It may be a misconception in your area, but I've known several people from Canada that do indeed speak like that on teamspeak and on VoIP

16. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

actually another misconception is thinking you don't have an accent. I once thought the same. I always thought because i could speak 4 languages that that affected my accent and i thought i spoke rather normal. Only to later discover that i have a latin accent (i am latin). i dont say esse or anything and i dont talk spanishy but apparently i do to everyone else. lol.
    everyone has an accent no matter what you think.
    as for the actual topic,
    im a sucker for green eyes and a british accent. It was said that to some british is annoying but i find the scottish accent annoying. My pick of the litter girl would have slim body, behorribly cynical, pick up on my obscure jokes, be reasonably attractive, im not picky but i dont want sally struthers either. And have green eyes. hair im not picky but i like darker rather then blonde.

17. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    everyone is cynical here...

18. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

humm...boys

I don't know why but I like guys with dark hair and light eyes. I also like guys who are smart. Yay me. Unfortunatly all the guys at my school are not only really stupid, but they smell bad. No one wants a smelly guy. So guys if you want to get a girl make sure you don't smell.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Thats just common sense. No one wants to date someone who stinks.

20. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

re:

Really why donesn't everyone want to date a smell person?

My friend lady rebecca alias kali which is not her real name says you have horrid hair