1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

What have you made today?

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Palindrome, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome Magma Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

Well, being human is all about creating. So what have you made recently? Anything from a drawing to a wood carving - as long as it's creative, and it's yours. Post pics if you can.

-

Some of the things I've been proudest of are buildings in games. I recently made a really large modern house in the sims 4 - it took the whole day but I was rather pleased how it turned out.

[​IMG]

And though these were quite some time ago, I've had a few Minecraft builds worth a mention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what about you?

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Minister of Magic

I like to do maps for RPG (D&D mostly). My two most recent map are a world map and a battlemap:

World Map​

[​IMG][​IMG]

Battlemap: The Mage Tower

[​IMG][​IMG]

City Map: Mithendale

[​IMG]

I've started working on my first city map. It's not exactly what I've been hoping for in term of finish, but it's a commission so I'm restricted with what I can change to the layout (like the random water in the middle of the city...wtf?).

3. Palindrome

Well damn, those all really make me want to explore.

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Minister of Magic

Thanks! I'm really proud of the battlemap since everything in there is made from scratch except for the stone, wood and snow textures. It was also use in a campaign with a bunch of DLPers ;)

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Palindrome that Sims 4 house is absolutely stunning, if you posted it to The Sims Resource or some other site, I'd live in it.

6. Anarchy

Anarchy Prisoner DLP Supporter

I designed a 30 ton chiller for some propriety lighter fluid derivative for Dupont. I would have taken pics if I had seen this thread while still at work :/

7. Paradise

Paradise Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

So I went around on one of more favorite Minecraft servers and grabbed some pretty awesome screenshots. Most all of them are outdated at this point. I'll try to grab some newer ones this weekend. They all can be found here

But here are some highlights

This is the Wicked Witches Castle
    [​IMG]

This one of the better shots of Camelot back when it was just a castle. Now a days there are several towns and even a port coming in soon.
    [​IMG]

This is the tower of the Magic Keepers
    [​IMG]

And finally this is the Witch of Insanities Castle
    [​IMG]

I built Camelot. Obviously this wasn't today but these photos are rather recent and I feel like showing off.

8. Sorrows

Sorrows Groundskeeper Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I built a blacksmithing forge out of about £15 worth of scrap metal this holiday; and I built the workbench, and a lean-to roof just out of shot to keep it all dry. I've been very productive these last few weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course all I've done with it so far is flatten some iron bars but when the zombies come I'll be ready.

Also built this house last summer for a homeless friend of mine. Council keeps saying they're gonna tear it down but they haven't yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not the best of pictures, but there whats already been uploaded, there's some more chairs out of shot, and a big bush and pole wall around it now, courtesy of some old hippy couple that semi-moved in once we left.

Haven't built much in games lately, need to get back to my fallout city.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. Palindrome

Those are some lovely shaders, but I wish I could see what's behind them.

10. Download

Download Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Are you a mechanical engineer?

11. Hawkin

Hawkin Minister of Magic

I wish I could work on a server where people would build stuff like that. Most of my friends play minecraft, but they all want to do so in survival and never ever work together. They all do their own base somewhere and at some point there's a rail system between them.

12. Paradise

Paradise Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

Its like super small. I was thinking about talking about here on DLP since its pretty magic heavy but the magic system is pretty broken right now. So when it gets fixed I might. But right now there is three competing factions and all sorts of wars and contracts and juicy stuff going on.

13. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Death Eater DLP Supporter

Not today, exactly, more like over the last several months:

[​IMG]

I am not ashamed. In fact, I'm sorta proud.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I once used my pepsi addiction to build a chair out of empty cans. Wasn't very comfortable, but it was awesome. Unfortunately the pictures are on a hard drive I can't access right now.

15. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm almost tempted to post our collection of several hundred wine corks accumulated over the years.

16. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Death Eater DLP Supporter

"Almost"? That's the word of a man who's just looking for a push. "Do it, do it, do it, do it..."

17. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I absolutely adore the washbasin forge. Is there anything greater than looking at things and trying to figure out ways to use them that were never intended or building something and trying to figure out which spare parts lying around might fit the purpose?

Makes me want to build something I don't need at all, just because I can.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wine cork collector does sound a lot better than alcoholic, doesn't it? :p

I kid, I kid.

19. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Ditto, and that's just the loose ones. Not to mention the murals I've made out of some of them, the pot-holders, etc.

20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm saving them to cover a kitch, 60s-era coffee table and pair of end tables in the guest house. (Collecting is a bit slow of late--while we're still accruing reds, the wife has drifted from sparkling wines and other whites toward Sauvignon Blancs, which are screw-tops as often as not.)