1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What will happen to Hp Fanfiction if the 7th book leak is real?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jul 20, 2007.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I have to wounder, what will happen to Hp fanfiction if the current leak is real. (This is if the version is the one with the AS/S pairing) I know that, well nobody here will like the 7th book but for a rare few. Ginny married Harry, and all that evil.

I have to wounder first of all, the other fanficiton writers, like the ones in FF.net. What do you think they will make from this book? The whole setup for the 7th book 'leak' fails, and we know what kind of hell FF.net makes from good things. How will this turn out?

Then the authors here, are you just going to ignore the 7th book? Will you just make a bad comedy of it, or even try to make a fan fic out the book? The whole situation does not seem well if the leak is real.

I just don't think things will be great...

2. Foz

Foz Squib

I think, as long as you ignore the epilogue, everything should be fine.

Lets just write it off JKR fan service that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

3. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm waiting for the first AU-stories were Dumbledore and Grindelwald set out to coqnuer the world for the greater good. :D
    Such a story would be great with the right kind of author.

There are still loads of possibilities to go post-last chapter or even post-epilog.
    Think about James Potter going evil; for example he disarms his father while they are practising for DADA and he just did it to be able to use the elder wand. The cloak would be his anyway and it's not impossible to find the ring again. Then you've got James Potter = Master of Death.
    The problem with these kinds of stories would be, that you need to create many OCs which can be a problem for many authors. :-/

4. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

James Potter's father didn't have the Elder Wand... Dumbledore did.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I expect a ton of really, really shitty Post-Deathly Hallows stories. And an influx of AU stories to try and counteract the shitness. It will fail.

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Personally... I'm going to ignore it. I'll admit that some of the story is pretty good. but the ending blows donkey balls in my opinion.

I mean just the final duel itself... It was like watching an episode of dragon ball z

Both combatants talk it out for a bit... telling each other why the other will loose because they are the supreme masters of the kamaya may... ummm elder wand; then Harry does his expelliarmus... and for some reason I'm still not entirley sure of, voldemorts killing curse backfires again?

I mean does that mean that the elderwand is some superwand that can block any killing curse if the holder is its master... because it can never be defeated in battle, it just somehow magicly blocks the spell...?

Or is it that it can't ever off it's master?

The elder wand buisness is the stuff of nightmares.

I was actually looking forward to the end of the series even if I suspected it would be crappy so I could finally see that jump in post hogwarts stories... Now though... god, most will probably be about their kids becoming some new trio... passing on the legacy... or worse. The slash writer speculation on snapes last thoughts as he looked into Harry's eyes.

Maybee they'll chang it, where snape asks for one last kiss... Harry finds the stone again and he makes sweet greesy love to snapes gassy spirit. Oh yeah... Hot stuff... I can practicly hear the fapping that must be taking place at the mere thought of it.

Though the only good thing that came of the whole Deathly hollow's epilogue extravaganza... AS/S Pirates!

I love that ship name... screw red moon, harmony pumpkn pie, heron, and whatever else...

We have AS/S Pirates... That is so full of win; even if it is slash.

"Hi Everyone one... I'm a harmonian..."

"I'm a red moon shipper..."

"I believe in trees!"

"I'm an AS/S pirate..."

XD

7. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Harry Potter has the Elder Wand and he is James Potters father...
    I thought it was obvious, that I wasn't talking about JP senior.

8. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The only thing that the epilogue really rules out is non-canon 'shipping... she made no mention of occupations (except for Neville) or anything that happened in the interim (except to note that Voldemort was really gone).

I think that there's some FF possibility along the "Master of Death" line...

All it would take is for Harry to be wrong about the Elder Wand not being able to choose another master if he dies without being defeated.

9. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

Hell, there's a freakin' gold mine in the whole "how did Dumbledore manage to cover up his being buddies with Grindelwald for so long?" angle :D

Or, how they became friends in the first place... a friend tells me that Gellert is actually a Welsh name, not German, and since Dumbledore grew up oin Godric's Hollow, assumed to be in Wales, well voila :D

10. Ham

Ham First Year

I think shipping will be the biggest problem for post DH films. Harry can't really leave Ginny after knocking her up three times.

Also.. there can't be any Harry/Tonks fics anymore for one...

But I am happy that there will also be no more Snape/Harry and Snape/Hermione... well, atleast no long lasting relationships..

Oh... and no Harry/Bellatrix :p

11. Lu Ling Qi

Lu Ling Qi Guest

Sadly though the Harry/ Tonks pairing was one of the best pairings, so much can be done with it as she is adaptable to any situation. Harry / Bella stories if done well were not bad at either. It is a sad day in fan fiction history as the sites will be flooded with so many similar stories of Harry/ Ginny and stories of the children they had will run rampant.

Many of the better written stories left unfinished or abandoned by authors giving up due to the failure that is the seventh book.

It is my hope that the better authors out there ignore the ending of the seventh book and continue with writing the ideas that pop up in their head from whatever point they should pick up from on the Harry Potter timeline.

12. Elcyion

Elcyion Squib

I would say its good for fanfiction with a crappy book 7 there will be alot of rewrites of how people wanted the book to be. The Harry/ginny ship has been cannon since book 2, White knight saves damsel in distress classic... And if you cut out the epilogue you can go any ship well exept the dead ones but who knows Harry might be able to resurrect em.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  13. Azrael83

Azrael83 Second Year

lets just damn it say tonight at midnight the world for us will offically end
    Im half way trough it and I pre ordered it so o well im doomed

14. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Edit 4 Truth.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'm reminded of a quote from Starwars. =_=

Basically sums up my feelings for HPDH.

16. Blaze

Blaze Squib

Oh god. I will go /rists is there are "Albus Severus" and co fanfics. I mean, what uncreative names, his parents and his mentor as his children. Bloody hell. Not everyone names their kids after their parents! Glad Ron/Hermione's kids weren't named Arthur or Molly or Fred or something. Malfoy (along with being alive and free), continues the Black tradition of constellations, damn him.

On another point, was anyone else surprised when it said "Hermione JEAN Granger"? I'm guessing "Jane" was popular-fanon rather than canon.

Getting back to original point: There's going to be an increase of Harry/Ginny fics, probably a whole heap of fluffy fics showing AS and siblings grow up. Other than that, I don't think too much will change.

On another point.. Does anyone else feel robbed that Snape was a good guy after all? The book would have gotten extra points from me if he actually was an evil overgrown bat :)

17. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

If it helps, a lot of pro-Snape people were panting for the thought of their hero doing a brave last-minute full-view-of-everyone betrayal of Voldemort.

Instead he got chucked aside like an old kleenex with that miserable Potter for company when he died. Hurhur.

18. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Not to mention that the Lily/Snape ended up being of the pitiful, one-sided, "Let's just be friends" variety (even *before* Snape's worst memory). HA!

"Bravest man I ever met?" Screw that, Snape was a pathetic twat.

19. cucio

cucio Guest

Answering to the OP, I don't think this book is going to have any big impact in FF, since there are very few new elements incorporated. Manipulative Dumbledore, Lily/Snape, Potley brats named James, Lily, and You-know-what (I refuse to echo that monstrosity,) Harry!Horcrux, power of love, remorseful hero mercy killer Snape... all of this has been done already. The only new elements are the Hallows, and they are rather uninteresting:

- A 'mega invisibility' cloak that DD could see through in Hagrid's cabin in CoS? Meh!

- An 'invincible' wand whose owners are sistematically ass-kicked? Doble meh!

- A necromantic stone to keep in touch with the dead? The final scene at the headmaster's office seems to indicate that wizarding portraits serve more or less the same purpose and pose less moral problems.

To me this book dilutes silently in the HP fanfic primeval soup with very little rippling.

20. Ascania

Ascania Second Year

Why not? Real world people do it all the time. And as wizards live a lot longer than muggles he could even afford to wait until the kids have grown up.