1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

What's the most disturbing thing from a story that's stuck with you over the years?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mickey, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Mickey

Mickey Squib

I've been rereading The Lie I've Lived by jbern and I just came across the subplot of Sarah Underhill.

For those of you unaware (and slight spoilers for the story) it involves Snape taking polyjuice to become Sirius Black, only for him to have sex with multiple female students and end up impregnating one.

There is just something about him impersonating Sirius that's wrong on so many levels and really gets under my skin. Him having sex with Sirius' body for one, misleading the women into making them think he's Sirius for another, and something about the entire concept of him taking polyjuice to become someone he isn't for his own disgusting needs/desires is so sick to me.

It really makes me think of the seedier parts of magic, and while there can be greater triumphs and achievements, there are also lower lows.

So how about you guys? Is there anything from a story that just got under your skin in the worst way?

2. 99redbloons

99redbloons Second Year

High Score:
    Snape then also kills her and the unborn child while part of the Death Eaters. I can't think of any examples from fan fiction myself, but Tom Riddle Sr getting raped by Merope Gaunt in HBP was something quite disturbing that when I first read the book I didn't really pick up on.

3. GreatRedDragon

GreatRedDragon Banned

Most of Prisoner's Cipher, especially the ending, to this day it's one of the best fics I've ever read.