1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

White Knight/Troll Face Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Lungs, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    K, this is probably the longest running project (so far). Actually, I'm certain it is - it's the only one (cept for Matt's retooling for Sera that happened... today).

On the Docket

1. Logistical Stuff

a. Spriting
    b. Mapping
    c. Tiling
    d. Pokemon Lists
    e. Trainer Encounters, etc

2. Flavor

a. Plot
    b. Characters
    c. Cameos

Now, for a Public Service Announcement from Matt.

And of course, from the Graphics Team, Drome:

Hopefully we can get some more interest on this again.

Please post what you have completed here (descriptions - don't dump your spriting and finished maps onto this thread).

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This project lives!

Me and Ashaya are working (pretty damn hard) on this. I revamped Zeit's Forest of Fail and added a bunch of little things to it - it's now RMXP compatible, guys.

[​IMG]

Two things in this miniupdate:

First, we have the general storyline (as in, which towns you'll go to, in order) down:

There are two maps drawn of the region:

1st is Matt's awesome computer rendered thing

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, that means nothing to anyone but Matt (and maybe, perhaps, probably not) Lutris.

So I handdrew something that will be comprehensible to everyone's who has work on it before.

http://i.imgur.com/p2IoJ.jpg

State of the Union/Cry For Help!

Okay, so me and Ash, spurred on by fun Pokehacks... have decided that it'd be good to work on this again.

Of course, it's easier said than done, and we had to pick up pieces from where we left off before.

Of course, Drome was missing in action when we started (probably sleeping). We decided to start with the little stuff - quick, revamped maps (the one I posted was one of those).

What ended up happening was a huge burst of activity in which Ash learned how to use RMXP and I drew that hand map to get myself back on track.

So we've somewhat galvanized interest in everyone else again (EXCEPT FOR THE STILL SLEEPING DROME D8)

This is a great time to start helping if you want to.

Things you can do:

1. Download

a. a thirty day free trial of RM XP
    b. the pokemon starter kit by Poccil from pokecommunity

2. Read

Tutorials on how to use RMXP to create maps, etc.

3. Sign up

On this thread! If you want to make a map, you just have to ask.

The process will be as follows - you'll ask for a map, and we'll choose a city/town/area that hasn't been mapped yet. We'll give you information about what it's like, and maybe even a quick handsketch of what it'll look like. Then it'll be up to you to go wild (but not too wild :3). You'll send the Map RMXP file to us (by email) and we'll add it to the project.

And... hopefully in a month, we'll have a three-major plot point (around 20 maps, most small, some large) available for download as a demo.

Remember, the more you help, the faster it goes, and the more fun the lot of us have!

Edit: Cooler Map

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

If any of you are in the slightest bit interested in making this happen, post here. I learned the basics of both Advanced Map and RMXP in a night. You can too! I'm posting this because we really need more people to show an interest in this project.

I thought both programs would be difficult, but with MattSilver's and Lungs' help, I learned a lot. I really hope that this post garners more people to actually work on this.

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I did a bit of ROM Hacking a few years ago. I know AdvanceMap quite well but not much RMXP. And I have exams till 14. I will see if I can help out after that. :)

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, firstly good job on the world-map/region-map, that's very nice in its basic state right now.

Second, RMXP's free 30 days shoot by a lot quicker than one expects. One method around that(at least on Windows XP) was to do a factory restore, then redownload from the site. It registers your comp as a new one and you get another free 30 days.

I'd like to help this out, but I'm tinkering with my own hack at the moment and barely getting much progress on a daily basis, so I'd only slow this project down. Good luck guys.

6. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

This looks absolutely incredible. I don't know much (read: anything) about those programs but if you want help I'd be willing to do what I can - just send me a message

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We need all the help we can get, DoR so if you're willing to look at the links provided, we'd love to have you.

8. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know shit but I'm interested. Send me stuff. I'd prefer story-writing stuff if possible.

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

If he writes the story I will pay to play your game.

</fanboy>

And Lamora, update AGoC?

Pretty please?

10. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Thanks, I've looked at some of the programs and to be honest I don't know if I could do a good job with that. If you want help with the story or things like that though I would feel much more confident in helping out in that area

11. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I don't know anything at all about ROM hacking, but I'm mighty interested. If you need a guy, count me in.