1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Who Am I? by Omnuscraft - T -Warcraft

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Ankan, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Title: Who Am I?
    Author: Omnuscraft
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama / Fantasy
    Chapters: 29
    Words:108,327
    Fandom: Warcraft
    Pairing: None

Summary: A small boy begins a journey to become something more, only to be turned into the very thing he hated and sought to destroy. His journey becomes something so much more different as he seeks to answer something one would think to be such a simple question: Who Am I? A 'Who We Are' story.

Link: here

I found this story while browsing the Warcraft section on FFnet in desperation of something to read last year and I have now followed it ever since. (The author seems to have several sequels in mind.)

The story is quite refreshing if you are familiar with Warcraft FF, instead of the elvish circlejerk, sex, and angst that makes up pretty much the entire fandom. So what we have here is an exception, and while it may not exceptional by any means (the author is still improving) it is one of the unpolished gems in this fandom. (Sidenote; it may be a bit cringe after a few chapters but it's just temporary)

So, what is the story about you may ask?
    It follows a young farmers son journey from being apprenticed to a Dalaran mage through his youth, the first, second and third war (and the aftermath).

I'm probably biased with my rating since decent fics is like water in a desert in this fandom. I'll rate it 3,5/5 rounded down to 3 for now and depending on how the author proceeds with the story, it may make me change my rating.

2. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Is this about the Mysterious Challenger?

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    None of your business.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  4. Haze

Haze Second Year

I've really been enjoying this one. The entire fandom is filled with such filth so its nice to find a few gems.

I'm really liking the authors approach to the story. The start is somewhat slowly, but the author moves the story through the events of Warcraft pretty quickly. The Forsaken arc is what i've been looking forward to the most. I'm still hoping its gonna go towards a "lonely traveling finding his place in the world" instead of the "I will protect all the Forsaken" route that we are currently getting. Its pretty likely that i will get my wish.

Author needs a beta though. Quite a few spelling mistakes. I'm still unsure if the protagonists name is "Mathew" or "Matthew".

Overall, from pure enjoyment, i'd call it 3.5/5 rounded up to 4/5.

5. doodle

doodle Muggle

The characters name is Matthew according to the authors profile page. He intends to write a story for each class in the game.