1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Ginny Weasley so hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Lady Pryor, Nov 25, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

As far as I'm concerned, they can both eat a bowl of dicks. Emasculated!Harry is it's own, special kind of FAIL.

If the epilogue had been written by Harmonians, then Hermione Granger-Potter (the Minister of Magic, Chief of the Wizengamot, and Headmistress of Hogwarts) would have arrived at the platform trailed by her husband, Harry Granger-Potter, who would be carrying her purse. And pushing the stroller.

Harry wouldn't have done anything noteworthy after defeating Voldemort, because he'd have been far too busy being unworthy of Hermione's love and watching in awe as she did tons of awesome shit.

For the same reasons that most people here (including me) can't stand the H/G 'ship (the abundance of trite fanfiction, loathesome 'shippers), I absolutely despise H/Hr. (I've noticed that most H/Hr stories feature one really awesome character... unfortunately, it's always Hermione. Harry's usually a pussy in those stories... Fuck that bitch. Fuck her in the ass with a big rubber dick).

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I agree--it's unfortunate. I'd like to see this ship work, since I've always had a thing for smart, independent women (even going so far as to marry one) and a Hermione, sans some of her rough edges, could work in such a role. It's regrettable that H/Hr pairings all seem to fall into one of two groups--either she wears the pants in the family, turning Harry into the bitch, or she's a weak-minded sycophant who worships Harry's uberpowers and heretofore hidden intellect. Precious few, if any, seem to be written in what I'd consider a realistic pairing, where two highly intelligent minds complement each other, neither overshadowing the other.

I don't hold out much hope. Like H/G pairings, H/Hr is poisoned by too much bad history to make a good one worth attempting now. Better to go with a nontraditional pairing (H/LisaTurpin, H/Daphne or H/FemBlaise?) than to try to make a purse out of that sow's ear.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

You owe me a new keyboard. And a Pepsi Max.

4. Diviniti

Diviniti Squib

The thing about canon Ginny is that there is nothing good about her. It's just... 'oh look, she's coming into her own.' and then Harry's having wet dreams. Then in seven its your typical heroic quest bullshit with the hero getting the princess at the end. I do believe that there are some good H/G fics, with Ginny written as a powerful character, and not a background 'hero reward', so I do give H/G fics a chance. I see it like this: I think 6/7 canon Harry is a weak character, but that doesn't mean I don't read and write sixth year fics. Likewise, I think that canon Ginny is pathetic, but that doesn't mean she can't be written as a decent character.

5. Dirk Diggory

Dirk Diggory Seventh Year

I just can't get over the powerful desire of my penis to commit suicide at the sight of Bonnie Wright. Sorry.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Summary: Ginny is Jk's crack baby. She then becomes Harry's crack whore. In certain situations crack whores can be amusing.

7. Jearom

Jearom Sixth Year

Ahh... my favorite line from George Carlin. Of course he said (in regards to a news story about Mickey Mouse's B-Day) "Fuck Mickey Mouse. Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick!"

Anyway, I have to agree with the anti-H/Hr and H/G sentiment. I used to be a solid H/Hr shipper. Now it seems all the H/Hr writers decided that their Hermione's have to be better than Chemprof's.

Honestly I've gotten to the point where I don't care or want to read about a specific ship. All those "true love" stories out there are the author projecting themselves into the story. They either see themselves as the "ugly duckling" that gets the jock or the "brainy nerd" that gets the jock. They are just reinforcing that mythical 1950s vision that you will marry your high school sweetheart the day after graduation and have that white picket fence and 2.5 kids. In my opinion any story about Harry Potter in his school years that is centered on a relationship is going in the wrong direction. Harry doesn't need to add more crap on top of all the shit he goes through each year just to stay alive. Keep the relationships simple: Harry is moderately good looking, rich, and famous. Be a playa and relieve some stress!

8. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

If I could rep you, I would.

That seems to be the problem with most H/Hr fics. The author is invariably female, and lives out her fantasies through Hermione. Ultimately you end up with nutjobs like this.

Yeah, I'm a Harmonian (In the broadest sense possible, mind you), but nowadays I look for good-written fics, irrespective of the pairing. H/G being the exception, of course.

Let the flaming begin!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Followed the link...
    .....wow

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Ginny.

C'mon say it. Doesn't it stick to your tongue like thick spunk and ass?

That's enough reason for me to be repulsed by her. If I were to ever even mention her, I'd immediately give her a nickname for the characters to refer to her as instead. "Shitting dick nipples" sounds pretty good, better than "Ginerva" anyway [which makes me think "vagina" every time I read it].

The only female characters I like in HP are the untainted ones. Ya' know, the ones that JKR never developed (or intentionally left half-developed – Luna, for instance).

11. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Followed the link.... goggled at the page.

I guess there are people who are more Hermione-centric and this is an ideal page for them. The only thing I cringed at was the Draco/Hermione. Dramione.. who the hell came up with that?

I don't hate Ginny. I just wish JKR never made her into the Mary-sue she is. That said Fanfic forever ruined Ginny for me, with all the soul-mates, only one for Harry etc.

12. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

You should have finished the quote...

There... with a little luck The Doctor will be needing a new Tardis after reading that one....

WRYYYYYY!!!! Oh gah my eyes... my eyes... some of the things that person wrote...

--bornagainpenguin (off to bleach his eyes)

13. Bratling

Bratling Professor

Wow. And I thought my profile on FFN was too long. That having been said, some of her recs I have to agree with. (The Life and Times of Ryan Lupin and Twists of Fate are hilarious...)

Bratling

14. BrewBreaker

BrewBreaker First Year

Ginny wouldn't be so bad if DH had actually redeemed her character in anyway, but unfortunately it didn't and we get stuck with a Mary-Sue that everyone hates and thinks is a slut because the biggest piece of background information we know about her is that she had two boyfriends in two years.

15. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Don't forget she went with Neville to the Yule Ball because "otherwise I wouldn't be able to go"!

In canon Ginny isn't a slut. We just like making her into one. But she is a gold-digger.:mrgreen:

16. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

Commit that bitch to the insane assylum.

17. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I remember that 'nutjob', I read one of the fics she listed, it was pretty good.
    Her bio was way too long, quarter of the way through, I said fuck it.

I wonder if there are more people like that, except with ginny, Fluer, Tonks, Bellatrix and Narccisa?

18. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

Ginny? DB fanon and canon have caused havoc, the majority of Fanon in general are either shitty Harry GinGin written by physcophant fangirls or shitty Harry Hermione written by fangirls as loony as nutjob mentioned above.
    Not enough Fleur stories for their being one for that, unfortunately. As for the others don't know.

19. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

She's not a Harmonian, judging by the number of Draco/Hermione and Snape/Hermione stories she advertises.

20. Bratling

Bratling Professor

I've never really advocated Harry/Hermione, either. Just think of the hair their poor children would have! ;) Really, as long as Harry's happy and it's well done and the character is well-developed, I'm not sure I really care all that much which girl he gets involved with. My main quibble with canon Ginny is that she's pretty much a blank slate. JKR spared very little time developing her character. In fact, she spent so little time that there's very little you could say that would go against canon. It's why you end up with so many Ginny Sues.

Not open for further replies.