1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WICCA Wizard? HP/BtVS cross

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Spunika, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Spunika

Spunika First Year

After trolling through the Almost Recommendable thread and seeing some HP/BtVS fics listed, I remembered one that I read when first got into Fanfiction... but can not remember the title or have been able to find it through Google or FF.net.

Story line - Harry is found on the street by Giles early on who trains him to become a Watcher. HP can preform both HP verse magic as well as BtVS WICCA magic. It mainly followed the BtVS story line with HP fighting in the Apocalypse and helping train new slayers. HP is over powered and at some point fights Dumbledore in a Knockturn Alley Bar beating him using WICCA magic?

I'm pretty sure it had WICCA in the title too?

Does it ring any bells for anyone?

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Maybe by the author "Corwalch"? Or "Guardian65"? I remember he had a Buffy crossover but he took it down.

3. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Some parts of it familiar but if I remember correctly it was a terrible story.

4. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

Yeah not a great story but relative to the crap that exists in HP/BTVS crossovers it wasn't bad.

I believe it was originally written by Wardog and then PeaceThroughSuperiorFirepower picked it up once it had been abandoned.

Here are the first two chapters it seems to have been removed from FF.net

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was called Wicca Wizard by peacethroughsuperiorfirepower. As bad as it was, I had it on my favourites anyway lol. It appears that it's been taken down from FF.Net.

You can find the first two chapters on Twisting the Hellmouth, but given that he'd written 20 or so, there seems little point.

Edit: thoroughly ninja'd, lol.

6. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

The author goes by Peace on DLP - he's my friend - and he took it down cause the story went from - in his words - pretty average to real bad.

7. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

And just to highlight how screwed up ff.net is I still get PMs from people saying that it was a good story and asking me to repost it.

8. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

Good is always relative. I liked parts of it and it was one of the best BTVS crossovers which might not mean much but it's still sad it was deleted. It should at least be part of the DLP archive if only for nostalgic reasons.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It seems that the rest of DLP disagrees.

(Seriously, this is the first result when you Google search it.)

10. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

Well yeah, ff.net is screwed up but to compound the problem there are almost no good HP/BtVS crossovers. In a relative sense your story was a 4/5. No matter how terrible it was it remained a must read for anyone who wanted that crossover. Hell, I always considered it a guilty pleasure and thought that the last few updates were improving. Of course I haven't read it in a very long time.

11. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

As if a lot of the DLP library would survive today's DLP's quality expectations if that's really the argument. I don't say the story is great on the global scale but it didn't deserve to be removed.

12. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Heh, I still think it was best of it's kind. Though considering majority of them has buffy characters curb stomping Voldemort's ass, it's not saying much.