1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Wild World by HowdyU - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Koalas, Jan 12, 2009.

1. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

It would be as if Orochimaru threw a few dry twigs into a forest fire...

So how is the next chapter coming?

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

He was referring to the site, not the series.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I don't read Manga, still on episode 77 of the anime. :eek:

That's not the work of the seal? I thought it was the seal in conjunction with Naruto simply not accessing its chakra as a child.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I think maybe you should read the manga before trying to make an argument like this. I also think that you should read the manga before trying to read, well, any of the stories on here.

How do you even know what's going on?

5. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I tried to, but the prologue killed it for me. :eek:

Narutopedia, anime, Wikipedia, episode guides, crappy stories that only went till the Wave arc...... I've done a lot of dirty things to get to my area of knowledge in the series. :(

6. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

It has more to do with Narutofan's administrator than anything else. A search for "Tazmo" will turn up a host of websites in opposition to him; there's even one directly dedicated to the cause.

EDIT: I guess I should have read a bit further.

7. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

I read the manga and I didn't know that Naruto has learned over his lifetime (even before his training) and is an expert at suppressing malignant chakra. I thought it had more to do with it being a natural part of the seal, and damage to his body was from overloading the seal in trying to draw out too much. Please give some chapter or even wiki references.

I think it's a fine idea to have Naruto have a cursed seal. It's been done before (LT2000) but it doesn't make or break the story. It should affect plot development but it shouldn't BE the plot.

I think Nine-Tailed Serpent is the first story I've seen that has Naruto take advantage of the cursed seal (rather than get rid of it) and use it well. Of course, Kusanagi makes it sweeter. Most stories I've seen involve Naruto waking up in his mindscape and Kyuubi goes, "You owe me for this, kit. YAAAAARRRRRRRGH!" And then he wakes up in a week with a fucking terrible hangover.

If you want my advice Hashasheen, if you have a scene like this, it's cliche. Let me guess: he probably took it because he's Sasuke's best friend and is taking the hit, or he's badass and aroused Orochimaru into making him a minion. Yawn, unless your writing better be stellar. What's so awesome about getting a cursed seal? Of course, you might have a leg up if you outline your story well enough to finish because most of these stories fizzle out close to this part.

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/295/03/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/299/04/

Tenzou's thoughts touch on this here, but basically Naruto is unique in being able to restrain Kyuubi's chakra.

It's not something that he actually learned, it's something that he does instinctively. Regardless, considering that he can suppress the Kyuubi, suppressing the CS would be child's play.

9. sincostan

It's quite a small reference, and I think it could easily be rewritten that it's the nature of a seal to suppress Kyuubi's malignant chakra or "filter it" for the purposes of a story.

10. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Well Jiraiya also speaks on multiple occasions about how the seal is weakening and more of Kyuubi's chakra is mixing with Naruto's own, which is the reason why he's able to access more of Kyuubi's power in Part 2 and why the Kyuubi's chakra overwhelms him when he loses control of his emotions.

If the author wants to re-write his story so that Naruto doesn't have the sort of natural resistance to Kyuubi's chakra, then that's fine so long as it's explained. Canon would suggest that the chakra in a CS, which is apparently masted by Sasuke in less than three years, would be easily suppressed by a jinchuuriki like Naruto.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Howdy, Naruto lost control of himself in the Wave Arc without even manifesting one tail. HE was gone at one tail at the Valley of the End. In Part 2 He can control up to three tails. The more Naruto uses the Kyuubi chakra the more experience/control he gets. The weakening of the seal has nothing to do with control (besides allowing more access to uncontrollable levels).

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

First off, Naruto never lost control of himself in Part 1. He genuinely wanted to kill Haku, and was able to stop himself and repress the Kyuubi's chakra when he realized just who Haku was.

At the VotE there was no indication whatsoever that Naruto was never in charge, only that he had access to more of Kyuubi's chakra because the seal was weakening.

It's only in Part 2, when the seal has weakened greatly and Naruto must be much more careful not to lose his cool that Naruto loses himself to the Kyuubi.

The weakening of the seal means that more of Kyuubi's chakra is interacting with Naruto, and it becomes harder and harder for him to keep it from dominating him.

Just because Naruto doesn't train to control Kyuubi's chakra doesn't mean that he's not slowly but surely becoming more in tune with it and becoming more capable of controlling larger amounts of it.

The fact is that Minato's seal was designed to weaken over time so that Naruto gradually became more accustomed to it. It's the exact reason why Jiraiya wanted to see what would happen if he loosened the seal a bit and allowed Naruto to access more of the Kyuubi's power that he wasn't ready to control.

The point that I'm trying to make is that adding a measly Cursed Seal to a jinchuuriki would be like a drop in a bucket.

If Sasuke can control his CS2 after two and a half years, then just image what someone who's been subconsciously balancing an even larger, stronger, and more malicious chakra since the day he was born could do.

13. sincostan

True, but it's tenuous. There are just as many fics out there that go on about demonic vs. regular chakra, and I've never heard anyone call the curse seal demonic. Juugo doesn't really compare unless you're putting him and Kyuubi on a scale of maliciousness.

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

"Demonic chakra" is fanfiction. Don't confuse it with the "malicious" or "sinister" chakra that the Kyuubi or the Uchiha are said to have.

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't the CS have mental effects, besides its addictive qualities? What if the bijuu took advntage of these?

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

CS supposedly enslaves you to Orochimaru, but that obviously was false or true only for a few. It was never said to be addictive.

I have no idea how a bijuu would take advantage of that because only some bijuu have any influence over their hosts on a regular basis. Frankly most of your theories are based heavily on fanfiction that has no basis in canon.

I'm gonna call it quits on this speculation now, since it really has nothing to do with my story, nor will it ever.

17. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    CS warps your mind the more you use it iirc.

18. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

So just to drag this back into the light of day, I'm wondering about the progress of this and your other fic the name of which I can't remember.

Basically how much do you have left to write for the next chapter?

19. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

Hey Howdy! (please)

20. asa

asa First Year

Copy. Paste. Join the lineup.