1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Wild World by HowdyU - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Koalas, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'll say this right now.

If I do decide to take it that route, it probably won't be for a while. Combining those elements without a built-in bloodline affinity would be insanely difficult.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Very cool Howdy, very cool indeed. The trick with Naruto overriding Zabuza's mist, can Pein do that or was that your thoughts on the Rinnegan shining through?

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Just my thought.

In my story, Rinnegan gives insight even surpassing the Sharingan and Byakugan, but as you can see has much less viability in actual battle.

The idea for the mist reversal came from rereading the manga. Zabuza doesn't use any fancy seals to form the mist aside from the one pose, so I figure that most of the effort is mental, or "spiritual" as I put it.

Naruto was able to mimick him and use his own Rinnegan-driven spiritual power to overcome Zabuza's jutsu by pretty much performing it himself.

Obviously, the current uses of the Rinnegan for Naruto are very limited. I'll address what he plans to do about that more in the next chapter.

4. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Great chapter. The only thing that's I don't quite agree with is Kakashi in this story.
    The guy is genius. He have been a shinobi since he was a kid. Participated in wars and was ANBU commander (captain). And I find it hardly unlikely that he cant put pieces together when his student start asking about Sharingan, learns a Jutsu in one day and masters tree walking exercise in a first try. He should at least suspect that Naruto has got his hands on a doujutsu.

On the other hand... He may just keep quiet... :)

5. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Enjoying this more than ever Howdy! I like the way you are slowly allowing us to move along with him as he discovers the Rin'negan. And the way he dealt with Inari was intriguing as well. The same theme as the manga, yet with a different base for the argument from Naruto. He has also developed the 'precious people' thing on his own here.

I also liked that you showed that Sasuke worked out the high speed movement technique and the unrefined Body Flicker on the fly. Naruto admitting to himself that Sasuke had earned the title of genius was also a good point. Canon Naruto might not have been able to react so calmly to Sasuke's growth, but the changes you have brought about in the previous chapters are starting to reflect very clearly and nicely now.

6. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

The more you write, the more I want. :/.

7. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I like it.

While the six clones are obviously not a power granted by the doujutsu, Pein's 'shared vision' ability could be. At least that's what Jiraiya thought.

There is no reason to assume that the ability wouldn't work with Shadow Clones too, meaning that if Naruto and his clone both activate the Rinnegan at the same time, they share their visions. It would probably be a very hard ability to get used to, though.

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Actually, the shared vision is almost certainly not an ability of the Rinnegan.

It's an ability of Pain that relies on the chakra receivers in the bodies.

After all, vision isn't the only sense they share. All data is presumably processed through Nagato, including vision.

It was most likely a mistake on Jiraiya's part, though it's understandable seeing as he has no idea what the Rinnegan is capable of.

9. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I said it could be. But anyway, there is no evidence that other senses are shared. It is plausible to think that the clones are just advanced puppets that Nagato can control from distance because his Rinnegan allows shared vision.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All the Rin'negan puppets are controlled by the same person RS. The only way for them not to share senses would be if they lacked them.

Good chapter Howdy. Despite this being a very fast rehash of the Wave arc you pulled it off with style. About the Rin'negan, it sees the intent of the jutsu from the spiritual energy as well as the basic application of the chakra?

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

The way I see it, a jutsu has three elements:

1. Seals. Not all jutsu use seals, but for those that do the seals help aid in guiding the chakra to form the desired effect.

2. Body Energy. This is the component of chakra that is formed by every cell in the human body, and can be increased through training and physical fitness.

3. Spiritual Energy. This is the mental component of chakra, in which a ninja puts his intent into his chakra and will it to create the effect he wants his technique to have.

Spiritual Energy is what the Rinnegan is seeing, so if a ninja is using a water technique, that ninja is adding a water component to his spiritual energy and combines that with his body energy which is then guided through seals.

For instance, let's take a look at the Rasengan:

The Rasengan has no seals, but is a ball of spinning chakra created from both physical and spiritual energy.

Which one of those elements makes the chakra spin, though?

It's the spiritual energy - the will of the ninja to make his chakra spin in a tight ball.

12. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Does anyone have any ideas on how naruto rinnegan has will view fuinjustu or if he should try his hand at fuinjustu like his father did? Considering some of techniques ninjustu and fuinjustu that Pain uses to communicate with other Atatsuki members. The technique he uses to create clones for other members like Shōten no Jutsu is pretty impressive.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  13. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I wonder how Orochimaru would react to see a Rin'negan!Naruto... if he believes in the legend.

14. Apothem

Apothem Third Year

./cough Er... Feels like the first time is by Foreigner.

15. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Shit.

I knew I meant to update my library.

Thanks for catching that.

Well he was in Akatsuki, so either couldn't recognize it by sight (I don't think any of them can), or he realized that trying to snatch a body from someone with that bloodline limit was asking for painful annihilation.

After all, Orochimaru's jutsu is essentially a super-powered Yamanaka mind control move that moves his spiritual essence from body to body.

Trying to use it against a guy with the ultimate spiritual bloodline is like - I don't know - staring an Uchiha in the eye at the beginning of a fight.

Oh wait, he did do that.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  16. Verse of Darkness

I know that... I'm just saying would his reaction to Naruto when he sees his doujutsu?

17. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

You'll just have to wait and find out, I guess.

I already know who is going to be the first to see them, though.

18. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

I'm actually glad that this story has come out now, as I've had a Rinnegan!Naruto AU plot bunny hopping around my head recently, and I can't even update the one story I've written consistently.

I very much agree with your theories on the Rinnegan's function, however I am curious how it will view Biju, which, if I'm not mistaken, are purely spiritual energy.

I am curious to see how you will handle the 6th element, but what's been written so far gives me high hopes.

My only issue is the fact that these glasses of his somehow hide the fact that he has more rings in his eyes than the average person. The color, sure, but the rings? Eh?

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

No one looks closely enough. The rings are very thin.

Take your pick.

Bijuu, in my opinion, are not purely spiritual. They have a physical form and interact with the world around them - though they are made entirely from chakra (and in Shukaku's case, the earth that he pulls together to create his form with his chakra).

Examples of almost purely spiritual entities in my opinion would be the Konoha detection barrier, the Shinigami, and King Enma.

They're things that a normal ninja can't sense at all unless they're interacting with them directly (as in the case of the Shinigami and Enma).

20. Verse of Darkness

Is the Kyuubi knowledgeable of the Rin'negan?

Also, is it gonna effect the Kyuubi Chakra?