1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wish List [With TC Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Water Mage, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

There's so much I want to happen for this series. I know Butcher will give as good as he's always given, but I would still like to see certain elements happen and freaking happen soon. Next year can't come quick enough. I figured in this thread everyone could maybe post what they would like to happen, or just speculate on what's coming/happened.

-I want the Senior Council to see Dresden wield soulfire
    -The return of Chauncey
    -The gate(s) that need keeping
    -MORE Senior Council action
    -Maybe Harry giving out a sword or two... Sonja has to be way tired.
    -Way, way, way less of Harry getting his ass kicked for half of every book
    -Need more insane(wounded)!Mab
    -I miss Harry being in his office. He's still a detective right?
    -Ramirez and Elaine hookup. Awkward, yes. Funny, yes.
    -Little Ivy post Demonreach
    -Magaret's shady ass past needs some explaining like yesterday. Demonreach is in that same category.
    -Did the headaches have to really be mentioned for a second like they were life or death and then poof, gone. Bring the Lash.
    -I really want Harry to leave Chicago for a book. Do some work Warden/Detective work elsewhere.

I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind now.

2. Montclair

Montclair First Year

Ramirez is a Warden. Elaine staying out of Council radar, I don't think it'll happen. With the new Grey Council, I see the possibility of her hooking up with Harry.

- I want Lara/Harry in the next book, with a possibility of a cat fight or threesome with Susan.
    - I want more scenes with Bob.
    - A scene with Maeve or more info about Titania.
    - Big brother Gruff allied with Harry in a battle against BC.
    - Lash/Soulfire action or Lash/Demonreach interaction.
    - Harry/Molly and more on Michael.
    - Harry learning shape shifting and his possible apprentice with Injune Joe.
    - More info on BC and Cowl.
    - More info on Outsiders.
    - Background info about Mac.
    - Murphy leaving SI and taking up a sword or as an independent PI.

That's all for now.

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

- More Bob.
    - Harry/Elaine
    - More of the Senior Council cutting loose like Injun Joe did in TC
    - The return of the Queen Mothers.
    - The return of Mac
    - More from Ramirez

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm...let's see...

Molly:

Though I'm a Molly fanboy I'm not sure if I want Harry/Molly or not... Proven Guilty would have been the time for it, now it might feel odd. But certainly I want to see more of Molly, both physically and magically <_<

Harry and magic:

I would like to see Harry further refine his control over normal magic. Sure, him getting new powers like Soulfire is cool, but I'd like to see his general proficiency at evocation rise. I mean, his apprentice is better at veils than he is.

Along with this might be a few new spells/refinements of the spells he has at the moment (e.g. make his fire-based spells more efficient, like Luccio's are). I'd also like to see a few more frivolous spells, like the broom animation spell we saw in Storm Front.

I'd also like to see more of the various stuff that Harry has picked up over time. He's in possession of some pretty rare knowledge, such as his knowledge of necromancy. And yet as far as we see, he might as well not know this stuff.

Cowl:

I'd like to see him return.

Toot-Toot:

I find his growth interesting. Just how powerful will he be by the end of the series? He's doubled in size (which presumably means power) over the last few years, IIRC.

Other stuff:

I too would like to see Harry in his office again.

I'd like to see the war with the Red Court start moving towards, if not resolution, a turning point.

I'd like to see the return of Lash. We all know it's coming, in one form or another. She probably knows a good amount about how to wield Soulfire. (Hmm...maybe Soulfire will be the key to bringing her back...)

I'd like to learn more about the non-faerie parts of the Nevernever.

More Merlin/Harry interaction. A very interesting dynamic, especially after TC. Assuming he isn't BC, I can see some kind of reconciliation (political, personal...) occuring between the two.

More about the upper reaches of wizarding power, including the Black side of things.

Ironically, I'm not all that interested (relatively speaking) in the resolution of the major plot arcs. I'm weird like that: I prefer the little details to the major plots.

5. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Demonreach. What's on the Nevernever side of the lighthouse (assuming of course that Nicodemus wasn't bullshitting Harry) ? What's the island's history with Rashid the Gatekeeper? Since the island is the source of the leyline...what's the wellspring of its power? What's the mantle Eb was referring to (again, assuming it's relevant to the island) ?

Molly. Because I want to see how far over the line (the 4th Law) she steps, and how hard the Council tries to come down on her for it. And on Harry, for that matter. And I want to see how much harder Harry's training of her gets.

Ivy. I wonder how she's going to feel about Harry performing the first step of a bonding with the island she was tortured on, and by all appearances, the island powered the circle holding her all on its own. Unless of course a Denarian was skilled enough to tap into the leyline and use the power.

Billy and Georgia. They've gone all in, so to speak. I wonder what sort of consequences that will cause for them, and what sort of changes it might cause in their personalities and everyday lives.

Butters/Andi. That is all.

More Senior Council Action. Injun Joe obviously has a lot to teach Harry, and I'm hoping that isn't cut short. I want to see what Eb can teach Harry about advanced magic, and not just about life (as it seems happened during Dresden's two years in the Ozarks). Shortly, I just want to see how Really Bad Ass the SC members really are in their respective fields of expertise.

Carlos. Not only is he cool as shit, but his entropy/water magic was seriously cool in the Deeps during WN.

Maggie. Dresden's life obviously has begun to parallel his mother's, and I want to see just what that means for him. And learn more about the special circumstances surrounding his birth that give him enormous potential to hold power over the Outsiders.

And of course...Lash. I want to see what Soulfire + photocopy of a Fallen Angel given free will might equal up to. Either way, there are LOADS of things I want to see more of. Here's hoping, eh?

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Damn it, you fags! NONE OF THIS SHIT IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE MOST IMPORTANT SHIT THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN TC!

Demonreach v. Skinwalker.

Fuck I wanted to see that so badly. DX

Might write it later... or Watermage...you should!

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry/Molly. I want it but it's never going to happen. Both Elaine and Susan are far more likely candidates and Butcher doesn't seem to be encouraging it at all.

Remember when Harry nearly burned Molly's face off because she was being a twerp?I want more of the little sun of death.

Magical teleportation potion from Storm Front. That would be extremely useful from time to time.

More of the younger wardens respecting Harry. "He saw me do soething scary once" was quite epic.

Lash, I see no reason why her return would negate the Soulfire.

Sword wielding Butters. Seems very unlikely but it would be awesome.

Moreof Harry kicking ass in general. After ten years of this crap he's bound to be able to kick ass in a regular fight and not have to wait for Murphy to wade in with the but of her gun.

Oh... plot stuff too I suppose.

8. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

-Black Council:
    What they intend with their Denarii.
    What they intend period? (Apocalypse?)

-Gard and Monoc and that Thor fellow:
    (if that means more visits to Marcone's T&A packed 'gym' then I'll have to find someway to live with it.)

-Where the heck is Oberon?
    -Molly (clothing optional)
    -Red Court resolution.
    -More info on the Jade Court.
    -What happened to Dresden being financially strapped?
    -Lara (See Molly)
    -Black Court resolution

-Dresden:
    Wider use of spell repertoire (including Eb's Force choke of win)
    More interaction with Bob
    Return of Lash
    Titania resolution
    'Za Lord!
    Reactions to Murphy and Michael et all aging.

-Would also like to see more signatories of the accords.
    -Lucifer's involvement.
    -Moar Uriel

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

YES. I just got done rereading Grave Peril. He knows Kemmler's secrets... or he did until Lash got wiped out with her uber memory, but hasn't used anything. He should of used it right off the bat to take out Mavra. Not to mention, SHE has the book.

Molly's basically retarded growth wise. Yay she can veil. Now fucking do something with her.

No shit. I'd love to see him get a comic line around, if not his own book. I'd settle for a huge role though.

This is way, way overdue.

Yeah I was waiting for it =(

Warden paycheck I assumed.

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly? The thing I want most is the return of Lash.

The whole denarian concept was the reason I started reading in the first place, after Shezza's work.

Harry wielding the very fires of creation and devastation would be fun as hell too.

11. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

Damn you. Don't you tempt me.

Some of these are points I actually forgot about during the span of the series. I even forgot Dresden can make potions till I reread Storm Front!

I had the same thought. Ebenezar totally went Vader on Lara.

I can see it. A little comfort sex after some D&D or whatever RPG they play.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

<_<

I ship Dresden/Aurora

13. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I have no idea where this came from, but I wouldn't mind such a pairing, either.

14. Jon

I am listening to Summer Knight on Audio book.

And it occured to me how very little the situation would need to be changed for Aurora to get Dresden to rest.

If only Dresden had explained his motivations. Aurora would have gotten another shot at tempting him. :awesome

15. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

Except for those above, I'd like to see:

-who is going to be the next stalking pain-in-the-ass council assigned warden to keep an eye on Molly.Dresden
    -Harry finally refining his evocations
    Molly learning evocations, perhaps some lightning based spalls?
    -more earth-element-wielding Harry, I mean, the trick with gravity from "it's my birthday too" was epic, albeit bad for buildings
    -Harry making his own tower of wizardry at his isle?
    -to finally learn what else has Dresden's mother plotted... in the end we know that he was born on such a day that he can hurt outsiders, his godmother seems to be controlled by sth (as we saw a glimpse of her true self before going all crazy)
    -more Denarians

oh, and screw the council seeing Harry use soulfire, I want to see Harry using BOTH hellfire and soulfire simultaneously.

16. Jon

Get the fuck out of my DLP. :awesome

17. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry regaining the ability to use Hellfire yet retaining Soulfire would be odd, given that he received Soulfire as a reward for resisting Lash until she went away.

Which raises an interesting question: if Lash returns, will her return means the the gift of Soulfire is taken away, given that the reason for him receiving it is no longer valid? Or will he just not be able to use hellfire any more? Or maybe he will be able to wield both o_O

The fact that he received Soulfire at all seems to imply that heaven (which generally knows more than Harry) thinks Lash is gone for good.

18. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

It could also be a reward from heaven in the sense that Lash redeemed herself. She took a psychic bullet for Harry, risking her 'life' or whatever you'd call it, when she could have sat back in the hope that Dresden would give in.

19. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've had that same thought, Sam.

If Lash comes back, could it be perhaps not in Harry's head, but as a redeemed angel?

Even though, of course, such things aren't possible according to the canon of the church, since an angel's nature can't change and admitting one back into heaven would break down the fabric of reality as God's word would no longer be infallible (See the movie Dogma).

20. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Dogma is fucking awesome, loved that movie. Anyways...

Here's how I see it. An angel's nature can't change. True. But, Lash isn't an angel. She's merely a copy of Lasciel. Lash may have the same nature, mannerisms, etc, etc, as Lasciel did, but she is a separate entity from the actual angel.

I think Dresden said it best when he was talking to Lash. Something along the lines of 'You're not Lasciel. I couldn't begin to try to change her. But you were imprinted on my mind, which makes you every bit as able to change as I am.'

Although, the idea of Lash coming back as some sort of redeemed angel is pretty cool. Be interesting to see.