1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Yes! Rolekills are great and super healthy.

Divided deadstuff we didn't get to see much of this game, but I think it has potential and is definitely positive.

Bishop... isn't that great? but. It LOOKS really strong, and also there was probably too much stuff in this game that acts as support to the bishop which makes it a lot better (Inq, FT, Zealot and PT).

This isn't a great game to be making balance changes off, but probably the following two are pretty safe:

1. FT picks 1 holy role and any number of non-holy roles.
    2. Acolyte kicked down the stairs, to 20 players. (insert caphriel laughing here)

Agents /may/ be too strong as well (or the Elder-LW dynamic too weak), but it's hard to tell just off this game.

I think the Priest is in a good spot.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The priest was in a good spot for this game because ..

1. There was an aco
    2. scum had to bishophunt
    3. Agents made the game easy
    4. witches got destroyed with back to back to back lynches.

The fact that the priest only has 1 valid target to get infos on if a ew gets lynched d1 just nerves them to the ground.
    You have haunts anyway .. LW being greenchecks by nature is not an option for actual balance.

In a normal witchhunt the priest is in a good spot, yes.

Agents are not really too strong. Witches got fucked + agents were on 2 weak slots that would have been misslynches otherwise + LWs didn't/couldn't counterclaim.

Play the same setup again and have 2 living (Little) Witches claim agents d3.
    Sure they get cc'ed by agents but town has a lot of trouble solving that.
    (Only upside for town is that priest checks get more valuable for it).

If the Witches are somewhat townread then they just win that claimbattle and might win the game for it.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Don't paired claims mean that like

town lynches one of each and then checks one flip, thus guaranteeing two hits and a miss? (I mean if GD/UT/Spiritualist/PT are all dead or scum I guess, but...)

4. KaiDASH

You're right in that there is too much Priest hate in HT expansion games, I think Haunt is what we'd want to look at though, not the LW.

The thematic point of the LW is that they look like town - making them check evil would defeat that.

5. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I think one problem is that the lack of communication between elder witches and little witches destroyed the demons as a rubber band mechanic.

Like, the rule about if there's not more angels, they can't protect over a haunt only happens when a witch has just died. This is usually strong because it lets the demons and witches coordinate to take advantage of the unstoppable haunts.

This game though, was an example of that not happening. Like, things worked out, but it could have gone worse.

I'm not sure how to fix it though. Maybe the elder witch coven can have a once per game message to the demons to help coordinate things? Or is that too strong late game, so it would never be used when the elders suspect that a little witch just died.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Dead LW gets to observe (but not post in) coven chat for the first half of the night?

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This just means whenever a little witch dies the demons can observe coven prior to making a decision.

8. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I think in terms of balance I would maybe try a game with 2 lone witches and 2 recruiting masons. The 2 recruiting masons can only partner with each other. All other attempts would fail. Or you could try a variation where if a recruiting mason targets a lone witch, than they can share a QT together making the recruiting process more wifomy. Plus, than lone witch would investigate as scum to begin with or just give a bad result from the start so priest is still pretty powerful.

But I don't know. I might be taking too many mechanics from a more mafia style game.

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean that's kinda the point, since this gets to happen whenever an Elder dies (since the resulting Demon was part of coven before they died)

10. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Could give the Demons access to the previous coven chats, but you'd have to always make a new one to avoid giving extra info, etc.

---------- Post automerged at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

What I mean is, make a new Coven chat at every Day end and give the demons access to all previous chats.

---------- Post automerged at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Though I guess that might allow too much coordination? Hrm.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    HUNTER PLANS: Witch Edition

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Indeed! And I didn't even have to trick him into submitting you as town, he did it all himself.

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Congrats to the town this game, reads at times were all over the place but came together when it mattered, zero actual 'mslynches' is pretty impressive. Still not a fan of the setup in general but meh.

When's Vamies going to draw scum again????

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE THE CFD! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

14. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

He did, but then he made Jan reroll the game.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I swear, CFD's are disproportionately +EV when they don't hit holy roles. But I guess it's a lesson to scum needing to work on their reactions. I think this game a mislynch is worth scumfirming yourself to survive one more Day (definitely so in toms case)

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I probably would have never actually ran the gambit if Kai never claimed Assassin or shot Fable.

tbh

Like, definitely never after an Assassin claim before an assassination but probably not before an Assassin claim either just bc. yeah lol

17. KaiDASH

If you go 1 for 1 with a confirmed scum, that's not actually bad.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    That would be fine... if the Inquisitor assassination shot wouldn't have bounced off of me, letting you sell Vaimes/Beru/Citrus witches.

19. KaiDASH

Uh. I don't think it would have been possible to get to a game state where I Assassinate you as anything without getting lynched for it.

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I mean, I didn't know that Citrus (or Vaimes tbh) was 100% town until you conceded, and if I hadn't run the gambit, there would still have been room for doubt...

... then you just let tinfoil!Beru lynch Wei/Fluff first, get a bunch of successful NKs, and assassinate for the victory?