1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Tempus, I've asked you to try to be convincingly town and to try to solve the game. Proph is at least putting in the effort. Do some analysis. Try to find Von's likely scummates.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    tbh in the case that I am horribly unlucky and get donezo'd, I am going to shoot Menace or Fonti.

Figured I'd make that clear now.

3. fontisian

Oh, and Waco, if you wanted input on the Nurse decision, you should have chimed in on one of the dozen times I asked you. In the event that I'm wrong on Newcomb, which I doubt, you guys actually talking to me when I asked could have helped.

---------- Post automerged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Actually, Waco, since you're approaching this from a different perspective, could you look at Von's posts and tell me if they are or aren't as blatantly caught!scum esc as I'm seeing. It's fairly important for figuring out Proph's alignment.

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Eh. Honestly, Proph, since you just about have to be the Loose Cannon, your alignment doesn't really matter.

---------- Post automerged at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Jesus, why did we ever kill Kalas?

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

So I started reading Lungs/Proph, but Lungs' posts were giving me a headache, so I decided to move to something I've seen develop today.

I think we're meant to read this interaction and go, "never aligned ever."

But.

I read it as distancing. It's a little too... on the nose? Repetitive? Something. I think this could be the play the scumteam's making to get Proph to the endgame. I think Snowvon dies here, Proph throws Tempus under the bus tomorrow, and crosses his fingers that the combination of distancing with Snowvon and bussing Tempus lets him live long enough win.

Thoughts?

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Even though I'm super sold on Snowvon being town from behavior + interactions, the tiny sliver of doubt - that I could be basically gamethrowing - is what keeps me paralyzed Today. I basically need someone to doublecheck my work, and if my theory holds water then all the strong players that I can engage with are scum.
    Moving in for the kill. :/

6. fontisian

Maybe if you said something about Von being town other than "behavior" and "post count" we could get somewhere.

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Like, if I actually nursed witch!Newcomb, I'm completely done with mafia for a long while.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

The holy trifecta of behavior + interactions + post count isn't enough? ;)

Can you provide evidence of "Snowvon's scum game has gotten better"?

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's what one does with potential witches, Proph.

While I've got you here, can you explain your progression on Snowvon from your big reads post after you caught up - where you expressed unease at the consensus townread on Snow based on meta - to your read on him today after the guilty check? fonti pointed this out earlier with the big quotes, but you never addressed it. I'm having trouble reconciling the PoVs. They seem to express a demonstrably different mindset when it comes to approaching the game.

9. fontisian

Luckylee was saved. Also, he fooled me in the Narutomafia game. Seriously, analysis, do it.

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

11. fontisian

Meh. I just want to be right at this point.

Proph, I feel like you're deliberately avoiding arguments that you can't address honestly don't work in your favor. Like, Waco's reasoning here:
    I feel like as town you'd have /something/ to say in my favor, but instead you said nothing.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I made my suggestion on it, but the fact you made the call to bet the game on an assumption when there was a nearconf!town alive baffles me. Part of my silence was RL, but I wanted to see what you would do. I don't see why you're rated highly for D1, Atum was an easy bus for town!cred, and I note how you posted 5-6 times between Atum's claim posts that had little meaning, and created confusion and worked to justify Atum's claim.

FWIW: If we assume scum team of either Atum w/ Snowvon/Tempus/Proph-lungs or Menace/Newc/Fonti, it should be noted that all 6 were on Atum at time of claim.

Of those who weren't voting Atum at time of claim:
    Menace (1): Luckylee (#69), (angel protected!town)
    Cobalt (1): Waco (#438) (town)
    fontisian (1): Atum (#138) (scum)
    Kalas (1): fluffiness (#378) (town)

Abstaning: Kalas (prob!town)

So we know Atum was bussed, hard. So nobody should be getting credit for voting Atum, as he must have been bussed, and hard

---------- Post automerged at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

@Fonti, I'm not sure of what to make of 'Von's post toDay, and it fuels my confusion further. Some of his posts I think make sense, and others are contradictory and terrible.

13. fontisian

Hint: I had to make a unilateral decision, because no one was willing to discuss it with me. I did because it's an absolute game winning play if Newcomb is town.

I'd also argue that there's a difference between jumping on a growing wagon on someone playing as weakly as Atum was and jump starting it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

In addition, the main reason Atum's wagon was so inevitable is because both Citrus and I were pushing it, and it's very hard to argue against us when we're in agreement. If I were a random witch and I saw Citrus and me leading a wagon on my scummate, I'd absolutely bus them at that point.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

A scum-mate could have torn apart Atum's weak posting as easily as a town player Fontisian. Frankly, it might have been more scummy if you had ignored it.

15. fontisian

What.

Yes, it's easy to tear into a weak player's posts. But there were a lot of people under suspicion and I specifically called out Atum, even though he probably would have lurked for a couple Day if I hadn't attacked him. Why would I do that as a witch, especially to a role that only needs to survive a Day or two and then assassinate a priest claim?

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Actually, correction, Newcomb had come off Atum pre-claim as well, shifting to Cobalt at this post, which is flimsy, even more so with Cobalt townfirmed...

17. fontisian

Yes. It makes Newcomb more town than not, because Atum was very clearly dying there, Atum was going to be confirmed witch because of his role, and there was almost no way we'd lynch a gravedigger early on in the game anyway. Von's short push off wagon was one of the reasons I was townreading him as well, though I think it was just to set up a mislynch on Jan.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

And your collection of posts here ensured him a D2 after he scummily claimed less than a hour before deadline... Hell no way it could have been a scum QT suggestion from another player who would pump up confusion and let him reach D2? Especially one who took their time to ensure it would go to judge before unvoting herself??

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

At that point, you, snowvon and Jan had jumped to Cobalt along with my vote already being there. Newcomb switching over there made it a full blown 2 horse race...

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Vote: Fontisian

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Holy mis-representation Fontisian...

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

AKA, Atum's lynch was far from assured at the point Newcomb bailed...

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Sorry angels, it didn't click for me until it was too late

19. fontisian

1.I wasn't the first one to take my vote off of Atum. He was well below lynch range when I did.
    2.I did it because he claimed Holy, that's confirmable and there's a very good chance he just dies in the night if he's town anyway.
    3. Cobalt was never a counter wagon. Jan and I and thought Von at the time all wanted Atum. He also had like 8 votes?
    4. When Newcomb left the Atum wagon, I flipped out and ordered everyone else back on.

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

And no response from Fontisian, sh*t I was right the whole time. Fuck