1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The person you campaign to lynch doesn't have to die, but such a thing is good for
    1. getting you talking
    2. getting the target talking

and a bunch of things can be inferred from how you conduct your lynch train (!)

So even if you just pick a random and the train ends up fizzling out, it's still a net benefit to town to have that happen in the first place, because /it got people to talk about non-trivial things/.

2. coleam

coleam Death Eater

So I just discovered that the game was live, 6 hours after the fact. Darn Youtube videos, distracting me and shit...

So anyways:

Don't be silly, no one could be that stup...wait, we're talking about Gambit here. Forget I said anything.

Not much else to say, and we've got scads of time (have we ever run a Mafia game with such long days?), so I'll leave it at that for now.

---------- Post automerged at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

This is actually a pretty good idea - there's not much danger of an accidental bandwagon since we have tons of time to talk and rescind/change votes, and we need SOMETHING to talk about for the next four days.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Hi all, just posting to say that I am here and I still haven't found out my role. So I am probably gonna have a small town role am for that reason I wanna be on the court.

If I have to choose someone to lynch now, I'll choose Lungs.His posts are making me suspicious.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Why are you unable to find out your role?

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Using a mobile without flash.

6. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Checking in, just checking in.

While I figure out Moscone.

7. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Okay, this is becoming ridiculous. You can't play if you don't know your role or your faction. Get into Moscone, figure out who you are, then get back in here. I'm refusing to play until everyone knows who they are. How the fuck am I supposed to figure out who you are, if you don't even know?

Until that isn't clear, the game for me is on pause.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ Agreed 100%

klackerz is campaigning for King's Court and he doesn't even know his role yet.

Computer. Moscoe. The big flashing button. This isn't hard.

9. KaiDASH

Nobody cares if you don't know your role yet, so don't even post about it. Infact, don't even post at all until you know your role.

10. Ched

Moscone has to work (at least somewhat) for everyone, because you wouldn't have been able to register with it if it didn't.

Click the link in the first post. Log in. Click on the DLP game to open it. Your role should now be listed, on a button, near the bottom.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

This is all kinds of 'what' to me. You want to be on the court because you will 'probably have a small town role', despite not knowing what your role is (supposedly).

Not buying it. At all.

Still think Azira wagon could confirm his alignment pretty early, but this just... no.

Rescind Vote

Vote Klackerz

You're in a hole. Dig your way out of it.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

They are on mobile devices currently, Cheddar. Lacking flash support.

In the end, this also was a reason why I asked for a time gap between role and faction assignment and game start; apart from possible needs to draw up strategies pre-game. It would've made things a little more relaxed. By the way: For anyone who also prefers bullet points and/or wants to print out stuff, I made a role list.

/meta

13. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Thanks, should be helpful for me.

I think I'm going to come back tomorrow and see what's going on. That people are posting without knowing their role is baffling. Not to mention counter-intuitive.

14. Ched

Aye, Sesc, but they have to have a computer somewhere capable of flash or else they wouldn't have been able to register. I guess I don't understand why someone would post and say outright that they haven't been able to learn their role unless they were having trouble figuring it out (as opposed to being on a mobile instead of a computer).

But I take your point.

Though if no one else comes up as a better option I'm tempted to vote to lynch klackerz just for that.

15. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Giving Klackerz the benefit of the doubt for now, subject to change depending on how he plays the game in the next few RL days.

But here's a question for him anyway.

Assuming you campaigned without knowing your role, under what circumstances would you change that decision in the later game?

I'm also watching Lutris. He comes off pretty much 50/50 to me.

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Thanks for the role list, Sesc.

Chocolatepi, could you clarify the contradiction in the King's selection for us?

16. KaiDASH

day 1 lynch is allowed in the current ruleset.

17. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Got to admit, that made me laugh. Did anyone actually do that?

I'm hesitant to go after someone for what seems like a RL inability to access Moscone atm, but this is just stupid. How do you know you're a small town role? For that matter, how do you know you're town? Until you know your team alignment and role, you can't really say much about what your strategy should be, so why not restrict yourself to a simple explanation about being on a phone and wait until you can access Moscone to fully participate? As CheddarTrek says, you have to be able to get to it eventually.

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Calm down everyone,lol.

I found out my role from another device and I am still campaigning for the King's Court. I will come back later in some three to four hours when I reach home.

19. KaiDASH

hm, you wanted something to happen before you start to play mishie? How's this,

lynch mishie

20. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Okay, got home like half an hour ago and now caught up with the thread.

Pretty much my thought on the matter. I'll just be watching him closer than if he hadn't said anything.

Okay, sure. I suppose I gave off mixed signals earlier.

Yeah, mishie still hasn't posted, and I find it odd that he's thumbsed up a post here when he's obviously been reading the thread. That he's lurking isn't a point in his favor. For the time being until he can explain his absence:

Lynch: Mishie

For reference, people who haven't posted yet for one reason or another:

Aziraphale
    Fenraellis
    Makiri
    Mishie - (but has thumbsed a post up)
    Rep21
    Platypus Assassin
    Seratin
    StrikerLee
    bob99
    Castiel